• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool (2) 2-3aet (4) Atletico Madrid - Wednesday 11th March, 2020

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

It's mentality. A defensive mentality. They rode their luck and had a world class keeper.

UCL will be cancelled anyways because of Corona virus.

so will the Premier League :ph34r:

As much as I hate to say it, credit where credit is due, Atletico were clinical after they scored that first goal. They were even clinical with their 1st goal to be fair, despite the huge blunder by Adrian. 

But the final result is very harsh on Liverpool.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Also, inspired sub by Simeone earlier to bring Llorente on. Knew Costa wasn't up to much to threaten Liverpool's defence. Llorente comes on and gets them busy. Game-changer.

xD what? I’m not sure Simeone knew Adrian would suddenly shit himself.

• The title was changed to Liverpool (2) 2-3aet (4) Atletico Madrid - Wednesday 11th March, 2020
2 minutes ago, Rick said:

Adrian can go. I appreciate his work early on, but his performance tonight has been a disgrace. 

Cant fault the rest of the team, we very nearly had it. Absolutely fucking gutted. I hope Atletico get embarrassed next round, then I hope they fold. ☺️

I'm not sure what people expect from a second choice keeper to be honest. Yeah he's not good enough but that's the reason he's a back up keeper. It's unfortunate Alisson was injured for this because we go through if he's fit. 

Adrian isn't bad as a back up but you don't want your back up playing in Champions League knock out games

2 minutes ago, Michael said:

As much as I hate to say it, credit where credit is due, Atletico were clinical after they scored that first goal. They were even clinical with their 1st goal to be fair, despite the huge blunder by Adrian. 

They are effective, that can’t be denied. But unless you have a pre-instilled bias or dislike for Liverpool, you shouldn’t be supporting that sort of shit house football tonight. 

And fuck it if that sounds biased as fucked, but how can you claim to enjoy that sort of shite. 

Just now, Pyfish said:

Liverpool really don’t have luck with goalkeepers and errors. Who’s worse? Karius or Adrian?

Don't think Adrian made many big mistakes he's just not that good of a keeper...Karius probably a better keeper but those mistakes he made were gargantuan

2 minutes ago, Danny said:

Interesting though that Liverpool didn't back Allison up with a fairly top level goalkeeper, the norm across Europe to have high level back up. Adrian struggled to stay in the team at West Ham

Have you seen City's back up keeper. He's shit as well

5 minutes ago, Michael said:

Rode their luck. Had a keeper to thank. But as a unit, they have that mindset. 

Absolute worst to watch, but unfortunately it was effective.

Can be proud of the side. We really play well. Best since the winter break...except Adrian. My fears before the match came true.

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

so will the Premier League :ph34r:

Naah, Boris will get you lot through safe.:ph34r:

Let's not allow the league to cancel. I say this out of concern towards @Lucas. Imagine being denied the promotion.

Had a sneaky feeling Adrian might cost us, but didn't think it'd be that spectacular. We had the tie won at 2-1 until he decided to be a dickhead. This match was the tale of two goalkeepers. That's the difference

Chamberlain was really good though, to be fair.

Just now, Pyfish said:

Liverpool really don’t have luck with goalkeepers and errors. Who’s worse? Karius or Adrian?

Adrian, for me. We all know what Karius did on the biggest stage, but he was reasonably solid as a goalkeeper. I'd much rather have a solid keeper who makes the occasional mistake than one who's just... bad at goalkeeping. I'll have them both over Mignolet as well, for similar reasons

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I'm not sure what people expect from a second choice keeper to be honest. Yeah he's not good enough but that's the reason he's a back up keeper. It's unfortunate Alisson was injured for this because we go through if he's fit. 

Adrian isn't bad as a back up but you don't want your back up playing in Champions League knock out games

Yeah and to be fair he almost certainly had concussion too.

Just now, IgnisExcubitor said:

Nash, Boris will get you lot through safe.:ph34r:

Let's not allow the league to cancel. I say this out of concern towards @Lucas. Imagine being denied the promotion.

We’re talking about 2 of the most hated clubs in England, people would probably give their gran coronavirus for this to happen.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

xD what? I’m not sure Simeone knew Adrian would suddenly shit himself.

I can't see Costa scoring the goals that he did.

Let's face it, Costa was doing nothing but being a tool, like usual. Llorente was actually effective.

1 minute ago, Batard said:

Liverpool have looked flaky for weeks. Remarkable season ending with a whimper?

We were really good tonight I thought. Should have finished it in normal time but the keeper makes a mistake after we go 2-0 up. Can't have a go at him though, he's played a major part in us being in the position we are in the league. We certainly wouldn't be in the same position if Mignolet was back up keeper

16 minutes ago, Stan said:

I mean, they've got to the same amount of finals as Liverpool have in the last 6 seasons. 

Just because it's not as entertaining as Liverpool doesn't mean it's as less effective. It's bitter to say they're never going to win a CL trophy or that it was a pathetic tie.

They've not won it despite being one of the richest clubs and best few teams in Europe for the best part of a decade. Liverpool had two attempts after a decade of mediocrity and won it by playing aggressively. It's objectively not worked. 

It can get you very far, but with their now enormous financial muscle, they need to try and actually build develop on their initial success. 

This football can still win you Euros and World Cups, when the game is slower and less coordinated, like it did with Portugal and France, but you just can't win a CL playing like this. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived