talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Transfer Rumours 2017

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His best attribute is his pace. At 28 how long will he have that left?

Also, I wasn't under the illusion him and Klopp didn't have the best working relationship as Klopp kept playing him out wide?

I'd love it to be true, but I would actually much rather us go balls deep and throw some world record bid to Monaco for M'Bappe...his marketing value alone would pay his fee back swiftly just like what happened with Pogba at Utd. And if he stays here 4- 5 years, scores a bucket load and wins us the title before fucking off for double that would be quite nice 😉

9 minutes ago, FOYM said:

I'd love it to be true, but I would actually much rather us go balls deep and throw some world record bid to Monaco for M'Bappe...his marketing value alone would pay his fee back swiftly just like what happened with Pogba at Utd. And if he stays here 4- 5 years, scores a bucket load and wins us the title before fucking off for double that would be quite nice 😉

Had most clubs that can afford him started their work to try and sign him a lot earlier and not wait until the season was almost over, then clubs like Liverpool would be in with a chance, us included.

But Real Madrid have been doing a lot of personal work on him over the past two weeks and clubs like us can't compete with them. 

• Subscriber

Sky Bet still have us odds on to sign Sigurdsson, Keane and Dembele...

Still heard nothing about Barkley incredibly. Doesn't look likely he'll sign after this long but Spurs don't seem to be interested and nowhere else makes any sense for him. 

Some sources linking us to Giroud over the weekend. I reckon he'd be a quality signing and a great fit as long as we don't have to pay too far over the odds. 

• Subscriber

I can see Sigurdsson staying at Swansea. I read an interesting article from a Swansea fan about him who thinks he's one of these who needs it all building around him and that at Everton he wouldn't be the main man. Given you've signed Klaassen and will not, in my eyes, have anyone sign Barkley (could be well wrong there but who exactly is signing him?) then is there really any need for him? Swansea are looking for £36mil as well I've heard. There's a rumour we've met that and he's already turned us down.

7 hours ago, FOYM said:

And West Ham fans are the ones that get the shit for being unrealistic.

8 hours ago, Dan said:

I can see Sigurdsson staying at Swansea. I read an interesting article from a Swansea fan about him who thinks he's one of these who needs it all building around him and that at Everton he wouldn't be the main man. Given you've signed Klaassen and will not, in my eyes, have anyone sign Barkley (could be well wrong there but who exactly is signing him?) then is there really any need for him? Swansea are looking for £36mil as well I've heard. There's a rumour we've met that and he's already turned us down.

Can never have enough good players. Hopefully playing a lot of games next season. 

• Subscriber

Apparently we've had 27m turned down for Sigurdsson, I wouldn't be looking to go too much higher than that. 

Latest on Barkley is that West Ham are keeping an eye out with a view to getting him on loan because our asking price has put off other clubs. Ross has deleted his instagram, some say to avoid the abuse he's going to get when he joins West Ham on loan while his mate Lukaku joins the defending champions xD.

13 hours ago, Dan said:

Got an idea. Lets sign Iheanacho with a buy back clause. Sell him to OH Leuven. Loan him back until January and then make it permanent again :D

I know that's never going to happen, but just out of curiosity, does a buy-back clause disappear if a player has moved away from the club that bought him and then back to them?

5 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Apparently we've had 27m turned down for Sigurdsson, I wouldn't be looking to go too much higher than that. 

Latest on Barkley is that West Ham are keeping an eye out with a view to getting him on loan because our asking price has put off other clubs. Ross has deleted his instagram, some say to avoid the abuse he's going to get when he joins West Ham on loan while his mate Lukaku joins the defending champions xD.

Swansea fella from WalesOnline said we haven't bid yet but he expects one from us soon. 

As for Barkley, brilliant. Sign it, Ross. 

11 minutes ago, Toony said:

I know that's never going to happen, but just out of curiosity, does a buy-back clause disappear if a player has moved away from the club that bought him and then back to them?

It depends on the terms of the contract. The buy back will only last for the duration of the initial contract length, and the clause will also include stipulations regarding it. Generally it will allow the selling club to purchase at a set price but if the buying club then wants to sell onto a third club they the buying club have to pay a cancellation fee to the selling club.

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Has Barkley fell out with Koeman or something because I don't see what other reason could explain why he'd swap his boyhood club for that shithole?

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Has Barkley fell out with Koeman or something because I don't see what other reason could explain why he'd swap his boyhood club for that shithole?

No idea. Most believable story I've heard is that Barkley wanted to sign but his agent thought he could bag him a big money move to Spurs so don't sign the new contract. Now with how public it's gone and the amount of shit he's got off the fans it seems like he's backed himself into a corner and he almost has to leave even though Tottenham are now apparently not interested in him at the price we're asking. 

• Subscriber
21 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I hope Barkley ends up at Havant & Waterlooville the snake prick. A local lad that was treated like a God despite never really doing much for us, we've had to take so much stick for loving him over the years and what does he do after his first good campaign? Hold the club to ransom.

I hope we sign Sigurdsson purely to show Ross that he isn't needed, Klaasen has already filled his place but the signing of Gylfi would make our stance perfectly clear. 

Enjoy London gobshite.

Wasn't even that good to be honest. Better than people outside the Everton circle gave him credit for but probably not in our top five players for the season. 

On 11/03/2017 at 3:32 PM, LFCMike said:

Haha I knew that somebody would come back with that. Obviously it looks like they've fucked up with Bravo but if they don't stick with Bravo they're not going to be replacing him with Hart, they're going to find someone else

Already have

Ederson  will be the number 1

Archived