talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Transfer Rumours 2017

3 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Maybe Cesar will cover lwb? I am certain he is more than capable to. He played left back and was impressive. Cesar is the ultimate player he can play behind Morata if he likes.

I want his fucking babies

Agreed. The Spanish national team doesn't deserve him. Better defender than any one of them. 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

In a strange twist Chelsea have actually been linked to Drinkwater today. @Spike suggested it in another thread (I'm sure it was him) and I was a bit bemused but it's actually ended up doing the rounds xD can't see that one being true.

It looks like we are waiting on Adrian to make a decision on his future.

I expected this to happen with Allardyce at the helm and with his coaching staff still here I'm guessing theyve recommended  him to DeBoer after the Barca number two turned us down. He strikes me as a good if unfashionable 'keeper who has a bad game one every four.

@Large you got anything to add?

Apparently Southampton have tried to reintegrate VVD into training but he's flat out refused, insisting that he wants a move to Liverpool. 

Now I think he's a great defender and he'd improve us massively but I'm not sure I'm comfortable with this type of attitude. If it was one of our players taking this action I'd be disgusted. 

I say either sort it out amicably or fuck it off entirely. No need for this shit, it's not good for either party. 

15 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Apparently Southampton have tried to reintegrate VVD into training but he's flat out refused, insisting that he wants a move to Liverpool. 

Now I think he's a great defender and he'd improve us massively but I'm not sure I'm comfortable with this type of attitude. If it was one of our players taking this action I'd be disgusted. 

I say either sort it out amicably or fuck it off entirely. No need for this shit, it's not good for either party. 

Very unprofessional indeed. Hope Southampton let him rot in the reserves.

1 minute ago, Pep Talk said:

Very unprofessional indeed. Hope Southampton let him rot in the reserves.

Yea. Don't get me wrong, I'd love us to sign him, he's quality. But as I said, I'm not comfortable at all with how all this fiasco has played out. 

Doesnt look good on us at all. 

Hate players like him, he made a name for himself in Southampton and he repays them with this. I wouldn't want him anywhere near Chelsea to be honest, and if Liverpool does sign him who can guarantee them he won't be up to this if a better club comes knocking?

3 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Hate players like him, he made a name for himself in Southampton and he repays them with this. I wouldn't want him anywhere near Chelsea to be honest, and if Liverpool does sign him who can guarantee them he won't be up to this if a better club comes knocking?

You didn't seem to mind when Torres did it? I know it didn't work out but at the time Chelsea fans were ecstatic when Torres downed tools and handed in a transfer request. Same with Gerrard. 

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

You didn't seem to mind when Torres did it? I know it didn't work out but at the time Chelsea fans were ecstatic when Torres downed tools and handed in a transfer request. Same with Gerrard. 

I did mind it, he was never worth 50 mill and i felt he was a panic buy. I am all against players doing that sort of stuff, a big part of Chelsea fans are mongs that haven't got a clue about football. 

Just now, True Blue said:

I did mind it, he was never worth 50 mill and i felt he was a panic buy. I am all against players doing that sort of stuff, a big part of Chelsea fans are mongs that haven't got a clue about football. 

No worse than other fans mate! 

Shit like this happens but I'm not a fan of it at all. We had it with Suarez, Sterling, Mascherano, Torres etc 

I'd much rather neither club briefs the press and sort it out behind closed doors. We have come out of all this looking like absolute twats. 

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

No worse than other fans mate! 

Shit like this happens but I'm not a fan of it at all. We had it with Suarez, Sterling, Mascherano, Torres etc 

I'd much rather neither club briefs the press and sort it out behind closed doors. We have come out of all this looking like absolute twats. 

It is hardly Liverpool's fault that he refuses to train with the team and wants out. It would be the same for any club.

1 minute ago, Pep Talk said:

If anything his parents should give him a kick up his ass for acting like this 

In principle I get what you are saying, but in reality his parents are probably thinking about the extra £100k a week he'll be earning at Liverpool. 

6 minutes ago, True Blue said:

It is hardly Liverpool's fault that he refuses to train with the team and wants out. It would be the same for any club.

No mate. It's common knowledge that VVD met with Klopp personally. This happens all the time but the difference is that we leaked this story and then VVD himself went public stating he would ONLY join Liverpool. 

This essentially ruled out any bidding war that Southampton wanted and rightly so pissed them off. 

It's just been a massive mess from start to finish. We employed Barcelona tactics and it's backfired badly. 

8 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

No mate. It's common knowledge that VVD met with Klopp personally. This happens all the time but the difference is that we leaked this story and then VVD himself went public stating he would ONLY join Liverpool. 

This essentially ruled out any bidding war that Southampton wanted and rightly so pissed them off. 

It's just been a massive mess from start to finish. We employed Barcelona tactics and it's backfired badly. 

Oh wasn't aware of the secret meetings, fair enough then

It seems it's all about who does these "secret meetings" which are essentially tapping and the fact everyone does it only that in this case Liverpool were caught with their pants down.  Look at Arsene Wenger who's admitted on several occasions throughout his managerial career about talking to players with active contracts elsewhere and he has never been villainized.  It's all about the individual or the entity and how some are holier than thou...

6 hours ago, True Blue said:

Do we need a 30 year old winger? with Hazard, Pedro, Willian, Musonda and perhaps even Boga. I would only see logic in this if he can cover the wing back positions.

Yeah he'd be seen as an upgrade on Moses. 

Much rather have Azpilicueta at RWB and Ruidger at RCB. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived