talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Transfer Rumours 2017

47 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Yeah he'd be seen as an upgrade on Moses. 

Much rather have Azpilicueta at RWB and Ruidger at RCB. 

Doubt he would be an upgrade, i would also prefer Dave on the rwb. However if Conte wants him then he can have him, he knows what he is doing.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, True Blue said:

Doubt he would be an upgrade, i would also prefer Dave on the rwb. However if Conte wants him then he can have him, he knows what he is doing.

We have a great history signing Italians in their 30's. But as things stand, Azpilicueta and Moses should be our options. 

Looks like the Neymar to PSG might be going through and the poor Spanish League are not happy:

In an interview with Mundo Deportivo at the weekend, the league’s president, Javier Tebas, said: “We will [make a complaint about PSG] because they infringe Uefa’s Financial Fair Play rules and also the European Union’s competition rules,” he said.
“We will make a complaint to Uefa and if they don’t do anything we will take it to the competition tribunals in Switzerland and Brussels. And, from there, we don’t rule out going through the courts in France and Spain.”
He added: “Two months ago I met the president of PSG at La Liga’s offices and I told him what we were going to do and the reasons why.
“He was angry with me and said that he did not understand. We have a relationship [through Qatar sports channel BeIn] for Spanish football, but La Liga must defend our clubs in these situations.”

Boo fucking hoo. Barcelona and Madrid have been doing this shit since time began. Barcelona set a release clause that they thought would never be triggered but it has been triggered and now they are all crying into their sangria xD

5 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Boo fucking hoo. Barcelona and Madrid have been doing this shit since time began. Barcelona set a release clause that they thought would never be triggered but it has been triggered and now they are all crying into their sangria xD

Incoming Sir Balon's 5 page essay (that could really just be summarised in a paragraph) on why that factual statement is somehow wrong 

14 hours ago, Dan said:

Iheanacho could actually be confirmed tomorrow. £25mil fee and a £50mil buy back clause.

Good signing though if he turns into one of the leading strikers in the league City will get him back easy, bit of a downer on the deal but in the short-term it looks a good signing.

6 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Rumours this morning that if Barcelona can't get Coutinho they will turn their attention to Hazard as a direct replacement for Neymar. 

They can't afford him, and Chelsea wouldn't sell. Saying all this i would be the last to say no.

2 minutes ago, True Blue said:

They can't afford him, and Chelsea wouldn't sell. Saying all this i would be the last to say no.

They are about to receive £198m for Neymar, they can afford him. It matters little anyway as I'd fully expect Chelsea to react to any bid similar to how we reacted to their €100m bid for Coutinho. 

4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

They are about to receive £198m for Neymar, they can afford him. It matters little anyway as I'd fully expect Chelsea to react to any bid similar to how we reacted to their €100m bid for Coutinho. 

He can walk for 100 mill :banana:

3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I don't see the point to be honest. Chelsea don't need the money whatsoever. 

Just joking, doubt he will be allowed to leave unless the transfer request happens. When Barcelona or Real come knocking most players want out. 

• Subscriber

So Sky Sources apparently saying that Bournemouth have bid £20m for Demarai Gray and Leicester have rejected the bid. Don't know which club are more retarded. 

Scored a couple of goals and a smattering of assists in 50 or so games for Leicester. Apparently that makes him a £20m player. Prices getting more ridiculous by the day. 

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Rumours this morning that if Barcelona can't get Coutinho they will turn their attention to Hazard as a direct replacement for Neymar. 

Thought he was going to Real Madrid mate? Can you confirm

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

So Sky Sources apparently saying that Bournemouth have bid £20m for Demarai Gray and Leicester have rejected the bid. Don't know which club are more retarded. 

Scored a couple of goals and a smattering of assists in 50 or so games for Leicester. Apparently that makes him a £20m player. Prices getting more ridiculous by the day. 

Thought he had a £22 million release clause anyway so if you wanted him that much just pay it 

14 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

They see him as a good talent thats why. He's got something about him. Just not quite the finished product. He has pace which is valuable.

20 million these days isn't anything.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Pep Talk said:

They see him as a good talent thats why. He's got something about him. Just not quite the finished product. He has pace which is valuable.

20 million these days isn't anything.

Tired of arguing about this but that is an absolute myth. This is a rhetoric encouraged by football clubs who want to seem like they're getting better value than they are, and fans who want to make it seem like their clubs are spending less than they actually are.

In England, £20 million gets you bang average players. If you have the foresight to actually do some scouting you can get very decent players for that money elsewhere. The most obvious example off the top of my head is us getting Davy Klaassen for £24m just a few weeks ago. Ajax captain who scored about 1 in 3 for them and a Dutch international. Yes yes yes it's "only" the Dutch league and other excuses, that's not the point. If Klaassen had been playing for West Brom last season people would be throwing around £40m for him because of his "Premier League experience".

It's absolutely retarded that nobody is batting an eyelid at an unproven English winger with an average (that's being generous) record for Leicester in the last 18 months is valued at £20m or more just because he's 21 and he might get better.

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Tired of arguing about this but that is an absolute myth. This is a rhetoric encouraged by football clubs who want to seem like they're getting better value than they are, and fans who want to make it seem like their clubs are spending less than they actually are.

In England, £20 million gets you bang average players. If you have the foresight to actually do some scouting you can get very decent players for that money elsewhere. The most obvious example off the top of my head is us getting Davy Klaassen for £24m just a few weeks ago. Ajax captain who scored about 1 in 3 for them and a Dutch international. Yes yes yes it's "only" the Dutch league and other excuses, that's not the point. If Klaassen had been playing for West Brom last season people would be throwing around £40m for him because of his "Premier League experience".

It's absolutely retarded that nobody is batting an eyelid at an unproven English winger with an average (that's being generous) record for Leicester in the last 18 months is valued at £20m or more just because he's 21 and he might get better.

this is what they're paying for. Potential. However I agree that it's not guaranteed and agreed that £20m is over the odds for someone relatively unproven. 

There is no minimum release clause in his contract either. 

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Stan said:

this is what they're paying for. Potential. However I agree that it's not guaranteed and agreed that £20m is over the odds for someone relatively unproven. 

There is no minimum release clause in his contract either. 

I don't see what's wrong with letting players do the business for a season or two before splashing out on them. Pickford and Keane only cost us £25-30m each and yeah they're defensive players so probably cheaper, but it's better paying say £35m for a proven player than going out and signing a new player with "potential" for £20m every summer when probably less than half of them deliver on that potential. 

37 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Can't ever see that happening, considering Conte already got rid of one nutcase with Costa.

That part is what I was about to say...  Stay well clear of him!  Costa is microscopic in terms of Aurier's destructive character in a dressing room.  He is the footballer's version of the anti-Christ.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived