talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Transfer Rumours 2017

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Most players to get the best out of them you have to include them in a system that brings out the best in them, especially with attacking players.

Take for example that three front man at Barça with Messi, Suárez and Neymar, would you say all three are world class?  They are, obviously and at the same time Barcelona have had to compromise many things to play all three of them.  Many games where points were dropped was to do with playing all three but who's the brave coach that's gonna bench one of those!

Bale and Robben are world class at going forward but have lagoons in other factors of their game where you then have to have other players in the team doing extra work to cover their deficiencies.

I've got to disagree about Bale being world class mate I'm sorry. He's all power and pace without a real footballing brain and he's not the most tactically astute either. Plus (as you've said) the defensive part of his game is non-existent. 

What is he now, 28 years old? And he's probably had what, 2-3 stand out seasons in his career? 

That to me isn't a world class player. If he was then Real wouldn't be so happy to see him go. 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

fuck bale, pay monaco what they're asking for fabinho. 

Man Utd are like most elite clubs, they don't only sign players for what they will provide. They sign them also for marketing purposes and Bale provides a million times more than Fabinho. 

Bale has never been world-class. Robben, especially post-2012 walks circles around him. Don't get me wrong, Bale is elite but nothing close to world-class, that isn't a term I just through around for those that are hot.

All this talk about Bale but what actually defines a player as World Class though?

Someone who is the best in the world in their position?

Someone who has won a load of titles?

Or is World Class a 'title' given at the end of your career when there's more to judge a player on?

Maybe World Class players are players that are universally agreed on amongst everyone like your Pele's, Maradona's, Cruyff's, Zidane's, Ronaldo's and Messi's. If there is too much argument amongst people, is that enough doubt to say this player isn't world class?

My personal opinion is Bale is in the top bracket of players currently playing right now. And he deserves to be in that bracket for what he's demonstrated the past four/five years. But I probably wouldn't hold him in the same regard as those names I mentioned above. Those guys for me were different gravy and tend to be in most people's all time XI sides.

The term World Class gets thrown around far to much in my opinion.  Now days any player who has had a run of great play is considered World Class, even if it is only for one season or  even less than a season  Bale when fit is a great player and should help any team if he is played in the right position  and he suits the system they play.  However, he proberly would not make many people's World Eleven.

Chelsea (at the request of Antonio Conte) have put even more pressure on the possible signing of the young Barcelona midfielder, Sergi Roberto.  It's now a trio fight between Man Utd, Chelsea and Juve for the multi functional youngster.

On the Bale argument, I think he's one of those that you'd throw in the "what could have been" category. Whether you see him as world class or not, his move to Real Madrid should have seen him become one of the top 5 attacking players in the world judging by the progression he made at Spurs, but injuries have destroyed that.

55 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

played for very good teams that were good even w/o him,flashy goals here and there, and was lucky to have one of the best WC defences that was the main reason for the WC trophy. he was good at getting red carded, ill give him that but i find it hilarious that some people have him top 15 of all-time, ffs zidane is not even the best french player of all time. him being a legend has to be the biggest myth. 

Lol. Did you ever watch him play in his prime?

3 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Chelsea (at the request of Antonio Conte) have put even more pressure on the possible signing of the young Barcelona midfielder, Sergi Roberto.  It's now a trio fight between Man Utd, Chelsea and Juve for the multi functional youngster.

Just pay Barca what ever. We need numbers 

Zidane overrated is up there with one of the worst things I've ever read on here or TFF, and that include's all the shite ever spouted out by Halewood, Weird World, Voice of Reason or wednesday4life.

End of story.

5 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Zidane registered 13 goals in 79 games, none more celebrated than his stunning volley in the 2002 final against Bayer Leverkusen. Only once did he score more than one in a match: hitting two in a 3-3 draw at AEK Athens in 2002.

CL stats: He ended with a record of 39 wins, 24 draws, 16 losses, 13 goals and one title.

a fucking myth 

Judging him by the amount of goals he scored is probably where you're going wrong. He was a creator that controlled the tempo of the game. That's not a player you judge by goal stats.

2 hours ago, Danny said:

Andre Gray off to Watford for just shy of £12m apparently...less than Scott Hogan that 😂 One year on his contract obviously why, but we'll earn a bit from it.

Andre Gray's fee being reported as being £18.5m.

12 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Linked with Joao Cancelo of Valencia. 

Mind boggling how we are still after RWB's when Alonso remains to be our only natural left side player. 

Conte losing the plot? 

He doesn't seem a happy chappie. 

9 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Conte losing the plot? 

He doesn't seem a happy chappie. 

He's set some unrealistic targets, like Kane, Walker, and Sandro. But I can get behind his frustration for the fact our squad is so depleted. He didn't even want to get rid of Matic by the sound of things, and our board completely fucked him over on that!

• The topic was unpinned

Archived