talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Transfer Rumours 2017

6 hours ago, True Blue said:

So he feels the same way Sanchez does :ay:

He feels like a Chilean? O.o (No reason for a transfer request...  Are you calling Arsenal fans xenophobes?)

Or does he feel like he's got such a serious bout of flu that he can't go to training? :ph34r:

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

We've been linked with Welbeck and Vermaelen today because if there's anything we need right now it's expensive players that can't stay fit.

Heard £30m being mentioned foe Welbeck. He's a great worker and always troubles defences and teammates profit off of it but that's a lot for him.

You're not going to get Giroud, I think Welbeck is unlikely as the price being mentioned is probably bullshit but I don't know why Everton don't just go in for Lucas Perez. An effective player who'll score, get assists, has good pace and determination and he'll cost less than £15m. A steal in this market.

• Subscriber

Chelsea apparently want Drinkwater for £37mil xD I'd be sad to see him go but that's absolutely ridiculous money for someone who isn't even a guaranteed starter for us.

I can't believe that's true. It can't be.

2 hours ago, Toony said:

Brighton are signing Davy Propper from PSV, surprised nobody else has gone in for him.

Only paying £6 million too.

What's with all these Dutch players this summer coming to England? Have the scouts in this league not seen how shite the Dutch national team is?

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 10:39 AM, Aaroncpfc said:

It looks like we are waiting on Adrian to make a decision on his future.

I expected this to happen with Allardyce at the helm and with his coaching staff still here I'm guessing theyve recommended  him to DeBoer after the Barca number two turned us down. He strikes me as a good if unfashionable 'keeper who has a bad game one every four.

@Large you got anything to add?

Not really. You've stated what I've said earlier. He frustrates me but is a popular player in the dressing room and is good on his day. But when he's bad he's bad. He'll have far more good performances than bad though. I wouldn't have been unhappy if we'd kept him, but at the same time am not that bothered to see him go.

2 hours ago, ScoRoss said:

Does Mourinho think he can actually get him or is he just trying to create something ahead of tomorrow's game?

I think the feeling is that Bale doesn't want to leave Madrid and Madrid doesn't really want to sell him.  However, if does become available than United along with others will be in for him.

5 hours ago, Redcanuck said:

I think the feeling is that Bale doesn't want to leave Madrid and Madrid doesn't really want to sell him.  However, if does become available than United along with others will be in for him.

As far as the Spanish press very connected to Real Madrid are concerned they are 100% sure Real don't want him but they're definitely not going to undersell him and if someone does buy him it will be for a hell of a lot of money. But I guarantee you Real would love to get that money for him so they can buy a top top player that adds balance. 

4 hours ago, SirBalon said:

As far as the Spanish press very connected to Real Madrid are concerned they are 100% sure Real don't want him but they're definitely not going to undersell him and if someone does buy him it will be for a hell of a lot of money. But I guarantee you Real would love to get that money for him so they can buy a top top player that adds balance. 

Did they figure out that he actually isn't world class and he's just a shitter version of Arjen Robben (who they idiotically thought wasn't good enough)?

• Subscriber
36 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Did they figure out that he actually isn't world class and he's just a shitter version of Arjen Robben (who they idiotically thought wasn't good enough)?

This is just nonsense, even for you. 

23 hours ago, Aaroncpfc said:

What's with all these Dutch players this summer coming to England? Have the scouts in this league not seen how shite the Dutch national team is?

Good question - I think it's probably the inflated market elsewhere that's the problem. The prices these Dutch players are coming over for aren't that excessive on the whole.

Actually the comparisons with Arjen Robben and Gareth Bale are good ones and in my personal opinion they're much of the same and have been throughout their careers.  Obviously Robben has reached his sell by date and Bale is younger but they're much of the same.

Both have been world class in attack (Bale still is) and atrocious at defending.  The only difference is that the Dutch system is more suited to playing Robben where the system Real Madrid traditionally use wants more of a sacrifice from the players that play wide and that's why both have failed at the club in more or less the same fashion.  Real Madrid with Bale is very unbalanced and most top teams find it easier to get good results from them especially in the way Zidane sets the team up.  Only Ancelotti managed to find more balance out of including Gareth Bale and even then the Italian coach preferred to not be obliged to use him as it was easier the acquire cohesion.

Bale gives a club more marketable status because he's a big name, but if United were to sign him, they'd be easier to beat without a doubt.

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Actually the comparisons with Arjen Robben and Gareth Bale are good ones and in my personal opinion they're much of the same and have been throughout their careers.  Obviously Robben has reached his sell by date and Bale is younger but they're much of the same.

Both have been world class in attack (Bale still is) and atrocious at defending.  The only difference is that the Dutch system is more suited to playing Robben where the system Real Madrid traditionally use wants more of a sacrifice from the players that play wide and that's why both have failed at the club in more or less the same fashion.  Real Madrid with Bale is very unbalanced and most top teams find it easier to get good results from them especially in the way Zidane sets the team up.  Only Ancelotti managed to find more balance out of including Gareth Bale and even then the Italian coach preferred to not be obliged to use him as it was easier the acquire cohesion.

Bale give a club more marketable status because he's a big name, but if United were to sign him, they'd be easier to beat without a doubt.

Then he isn't world class. A world class player doesn't weaken a top team. 

18 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Then he isn't world class. A world class player doesn't weaken a top team. 

Most players to get the best out of them you have to include them in a system that brings out the best in them, especially with attacking players.

Take for example that three front man at Barça with Messi, Suárez and Neymar, would you say all three are world class?  They are obviously and at the same time Barcelona have had to compromise many things to play all three of them.  Many games where points were dropped was to do with playing all three but who's the brave coach that's gonna bench one of those!

Bale and Robben are world class at going forward but have lagoons in other factors of their game where you then have to have other players in the team doing extra work to cover their deficiencies.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived