talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Transfer Rumours 2017

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

That part is what I was about to say...  Stay well clear of him!  Costa is microscopic in terms of Aurier's destructive character in a dressing room.  He is the footballer's version of the anti-Christ.

Probably paper talk. It's funny how we are being linked with Ox, Candreva, and now Aurier for RWB when we already have Azpilicueta and Moses to cover there. Even funnier that we still only have Alonso as our LWB option and being linked to no one apart from Sandro. 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Probably paper talk. It's funny how we are being linked with Ox, Candreva, and now Aurier for RWB when we already have Azpilicueta and Moses to cover there. Even funnier that we still only have Alonso as our LWB option and being linked to no one apart from Sandro. 

I don't believe a single word of it and if it were true then the technical staff in the boardroom would have to be seriously questioned if any of those names are connected to Chelsea as a future recruitment.

Those names aren't on Chelsea's level and is absurd.

3 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Costa is quality if he was a sane person he would probably be top 5 strikers in Europe easy.

Without a doubt Costa has a screw loose and is obviously insane.  But insanity is a medical affliction whereas evil and being connected to something in the occult is something else.  If you don't want to be party to an absolute total mess, don't sign Aurier.

Edit:  I wanted to add this bit too...  He's crap anyway!  Nowhere near Chelsea levels.

Just now, SirBalon said:

Without a doubt Costa has a screw loose and is obviously insane.  But insanity is a medical affliction whereas evil and being connected to something in the occult is something else.  If you don't want to be party to an absolute total mess, don't sign Aurier.

Isn't Aurier like heavily linked with Manchester United? We are basically linked with every living player. Can't wait for the transfer window to close.

Just now, True Blue said:

Isn't Aurier like heavily linked with Manchester United? We are basically linked with every living player. Can't wait for the transfer window to close.

I can believe he is linked to Manchester United because I have an inkling United have thought out a new formula to be successful from now on which is to sign every single player in the world.  This way one is bound to work and if that isn't the case due to the coach's incompetence, everyone else won't have players which means every game will be a bye.

Just now, SirBalon said:

I can believe he is linked to Manchester United because I have an inkling United have thought out a new formula to be successful from now on which is to sign every single player in the world.  This way one is bound to work and if that isn't the case due to the coach's incompetence, everyone else won't have players which means every game will be a bye.

Not really keen on him, known as a bad player for the dressing room. Get rid of Costa to get a new Costa, we should deffo pass.

5 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Tired of arguing about this but that is an absolute myth. This is a rhetoric encouraged by football clubs who want to seem like they're getting better value than they are, and fans who want to make it seem like their clubs are spending less than they actually are.

In England, £20 million gets you bang average players. If you have the foresight to actually do some scouting you can get very decent players for that money elsewhere. The most obvious example off the top of my head is us getting Davy Klaassen for £24m just a few weeks ago. Ajax captain who scored about 1 in 3 for them and a Dutch international. Yes yes yes it's "only" the Dutch league and other excuses, that's not the point. If Klaassen had been playing for West Brom last season people would be throwing around £40m for him because of his "Premier League experience".

It's absolutely retarded that nobody is batting an eyelid at an unproven English winger with an average (that's being generous) record for Leicester in the last 18 months is valued at £20m or more just because he's 21 and he might get better.

It's not a myth though. It's been proven to be the case.

even the lower rated teams are spending money and because of this the price of players who teams value will always be higher than they should be. 

• Subscriber
On 8/2/2017 at 10:13 AM, LFCMadLad said:

Apparently Southampton have tried to reintegrate VVD into training but he's flat out refused, insisting that he wants a move to Liverpool. 

Now I think he's a great defender and he'd improve us massively but I'm not sure I'm comfortable with this type of attitude. If it was one of our players taking this action I'd be disgusted. 

I say either sort it out amicably or fuck it off entirely. No need for this shit, it's not good for either party. 

Totally agree. Would ring alarm bells for me as a buyer.

--------

Rumour of the day for us is we've turned down a £20mil bid from Bournemouth for Demarai Gray. Trying their luck a bit there, I know Howe is a fan as he tried to sign him when they were in the Championship but for some reason it never happened.

We've got to play him more though if that's our stance. You can't go turning down that kind of money for someone to then let them stagnate. It could go one of two ways with Gray. Either he will forever remain this player who looks a world beater one second and a League One player the next, or he'll develop some patience in his game as he won't feel he needs to try too hard to impress. I have always wondered with him whether this greediness is just a bad trait in his game or if it's one where he feels pressured into making an impression.

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Storts said:

Thought he had a £22 million release clause anyway so if you wanted him that much just pay it 

It's clearly bollocks if they've bid that much.

Enter Manchester United... They're trying to sign every player in the world!

I wouldn't have Bale ever! Completely unbalances a team so as to play him, doesn't defend, wants to play through the middle and is injured most of the time. 

• Subscriber

Bale was a truly magnificent footballer for us, and an absolute joy to watch - a rare pleasure under AVB. I wish him all the best with his career abroad - but wouldn't want him back in a Poch side, as good as he is. He should stay at Madrid (and fairly sure he will)

4 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Wait so are they actually trying to flog him or are they saying that's the price if you want him?

I think they are trying to flog him.  They are making it know he is not needed and if Real are to bring in Mbabbe,  then Bale has to go.  Not sure I would want him at £90m, £60 to £70m maybe.  If he can stay fit he would be a great addition, but I am not sure he can stay fit.

10 hours ago, HK85 said:

Bale would be Spurs' best player again by some distance. 

He can't stay fit. I can't see Spurs going for Bale but he'd have to be played as a winger again rather than the free role they gave him before and I can't imagine he'd do that, Alli and Kane are too good together for him to disrupt that. United on the other hand don't have anyone as good as those two in the same positions so Bale would fit in well. Not to mention Mourinho's style of play.

It looks like Lucas Pérez at Arsenal is using the ultimate tool players have in English football to try and force the club's hand.  Apparently the player has handed in a transfer request to the club and that even though his wish is to go back to Deportivo La Coruña, he is willing to go anywhere but not stay at Arsenal FC.

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbol/premier-league/20170804/43317652587/lucas-perez-arsenal-transfer-request.html

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, HK85 said:

Bale would be Spurs' best player again by some distance. 

Not sure he would actually. He's absolute class - but don't think he fits in this system or works hard enough. Don't think he'd have anywhere near the same level of success. Kane is also our best player and would be still.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived