talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Transfer Rumours 2017

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The short clips below is him at his best and basically quickly sum up what he's like as a player. As I said, he's very direct and always looks to shoot when he has the opportunity,  his best moment for Chelsea was when he played at left back against PSG in the Champions League and he did well that day considering the game and circumstances. To think of someone you've had recently perhaps a little similar to Andros Townsend. The reason I'm not sold on him at this moment in time is that I feel he's too one dimensional and I feel he needs to work on his decision making and attacking intelligence, also the fact that he tends to be grouped in with our youth products and whilst he's still a very young player, he cost nearly 7M to sign. Nothing in today's market mind. He's very active on social media and there's something about his persona, situation and how we signed him in the first place that's made me always doubt whether he has the desire and commitment to make a decent career for himself, interesting to see where he'll be in 5 years time. If he's playing in attack he also needs the space to work in which he won't get often at Stamford Bridge.

Having pace and being direct can be an asset in this league though if used correctly. He's looked good for us coming on as an impact player as well in the past, very lively and hungry from the bench which is good to see and this diminishes the claims I made above slightly. xD The most important thing though as mentioned he needs regular playing time and it's only then we'll be able to see how good he really is. Hope he does well.

4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

PSG have bid 162 million for Mbappe. 

They're gonna get him!

I can't wait for the UEFA report at the end of the new season.

They'll sign Mbappé with their own money while Neymar was bought by the Arabs in Qatar.

2 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Glad to hear about Atsu, he showed a real willingness at Everton but unfortunately wasn't good enough to hold down a first team place. After another unsuccessful spell with Bournemouth it's great to see him doing well somewhere.

He struggled last season at first but got better as it went on. Probably something to do with him never really having a run in any team and never being settled. He scored a few goals including a cracking free kick at Cardiff.

I am glad we signed him tbh. He seems like he's a good bloke as well - he was in Ghana over the Summer visiting those living in poverty. Obviously hasn't forgotten his roots. 

2 hours ago, HoneyNUFC said:

I don't really get why we are bringing him in unless it is backup to Paul Dummett :ph34r:

Ritchie, Murphy, Atsu and Aarons should be good enough wingers for this year, especially with the form Atsu and Aarons have been in during pre-season.

The wing is probably the position we least need to make a signing so I'd imagine he's just going to be cover at the back. There was a bit of promise a fortnight ago we were actually going to make a mark this window but it seems to have dwindled back to nothing.

28 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Some feel the teenager could develop into a box-to-box midfielder due to his physique and stamina, and he admits the question about his best position in the future is a hard one to answer, particularly as he is simply enjoying his breakthrough at the moment.

"It’s a difficult question," Fosu-Mensah told ManUtd.com. "I think I’ll just be keeping my options open. Centre-back or midfield, I think that is the most chance. However, as I’ve said before, wherever the manager wants me, I will play there.

has great potential and can play several positions, he will be back with united next season 

As if Mourinho will give him a chance? He's a youngster and Mourinho doesn't risk playing youngsters. He has absolutely no interest in developing players, only signing established players for insane amounts of money  

1 hour ago, Toony said:

The wing is probably the position we least need to make a signing so I'd imagine he's just going to be cover at the back. There was a bit of promise a fortnight ago we were actually going to make a mark this window but it seems to have dwindled back to nothing.

It's because of the wage bill, we need to sell before we can buy and the selling has been a disaster. Colback has been told to go at the last minute because the French lot are refusing to. Haidara, Saivet and Riviere are turning clubs down because they don't want the wage cut. Colback will at least be able to get a decent championship salary, whilst the french flops have to take a big hit. Also the likes of Krul, Lazaar, Hanley who have also been told they are surplus to requirements are all on first team wages and we can't seem to shift them.

We could get a last minute flurry of signings if we can move some players out I think.

Between these 7 we are trying to move out, assuming they are on an average of £30k a week, that will be £10m of the annual wage bill. 

On 8/9/2017 at 3:56 PM, SirBalon said:

João Cancelo is quality in my opinion. 

I'd rather we'd went in for Danilo, Cancelo has never impressed me when I've watched him. The situation at Valencia hasn't benefited any of the players there in the past few seasons but Cancelo has nearly been as bad as Danilo in terms of individual defending and Valencia wouldn't miss him at all if he left. Don't get me wrong I reckon Cancelo would improve tenfold under Conte and he would suit our system much more but for me Danilo has a bit more composure and intelligence attacking in the final third, for me Cancelo is very direct and similar to Moses in that sense. I'd be for the signing of Cancelo and he'd probably be worth the gamble as long as Conte sorts out his defending which has been comical at times in recent seasons.

11 hours ago, SirBalon said:

So the main difference between Ox an me would be that I pay to watch a team win those trophies while in his case he would be being paid to do it?

plus a medal and a team pic with him holding the trophy .. how hard is that to understand :what:

• The topic was unpinned

Archived