talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Transfer Rumours 2017

8 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Nope, I was pretty much every home game until Rafa was sacked and the club were staring adminstration in the face. Only went back semi-regular after Hicks and Gillett fucked off but not been for three or four years now. Fucking hate the place to be honest, complete circus. 

Well you as much as anyone should be able to see that we are in a much better place now than what we were. 

As I said, not perfect by any means, but equally not as bleak as you constantly push on everyone. 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Well you as much as anyone should be able to see that we are in a much better place now than what we were. 

As I said, not perfect by any means, but equally not as bleak as you constantly push on everyone. 

Of course we are in a better position and I don't believe I've ever said any different. It's the lack of ambition that gets me. And I know you're never going to agree so let's just leave it there. 

4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Ahh this is more like it, this is what I'd expect from a bitter. 

Come at me xD

This isn't about you, fella. Just agreeing with your mate about Anfield being a circus. It's fucking crap. They've tried with that lower prices for locals in that new main stand but even that doesn't help. 

1 minute ago, HK85 said:

This isn't about you, fella. Just agreeing with your mate about Anfield being a circus. It's fucking crap. They've tried with that lower prices for locals in that new main stand but even that doesn't help. 

Oh if we are talking about atmosphere then I totally agree. Like 90% of grounds around the country over the last 10 years or so, its proper gone down hill. Only the very biggest games sees an Anfield of old and they are few and far between these days. 

7 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Of course we are in a better position and I don't believe I've ever said any different. It's the lack of ambition that gets me. And I know you're never going to agree so let's just leave it there. 

No I do agree to a certain extent, as I said, FSG aren't perfect. 

I've been as frustrated as anyone with our transfer business over the years but there does seem to be a shift taking place recently, especially this summer. 

Weve already broke our transfer record and have recently had 3 bids rejected for Keita, the 3rd been in excess of £70m. We are also still actively chasing VVD (despite the public climb down) who will again probably cost around £60m. 

We might not get them over the line but the ambition is there and I'd rather try for top quality and fail than our previous scattergun approach to transfers. 

When shopping at the top end of the market... Some will come off, some won't. That's just how it is. 

We dont get Keita and Van Dijk then we're fucked, cause I don't believe we have a second choice at this point. Two weeks until the season starts and we have brought in one winger, a teenage striker and a decent LB. Not acceptable at this stage.

14 minutes ago, FOYM said:

We dont get Keita and Van Dijk then we're fucked, cause I don't believe we have a second choice at this point. Two weeks until the season starts and we have brought in one winger, a teenage striker and a decent LB. Not acceptable at this stage.

Yeah, our main business needed doing before the qualifier really. 

5 hours ago, Pep Talk said:

according to pep we won't be spending much now this summer all the funds are gone...hmm

Haven't City supposed to have matched Real's  £161m offer for Mbabbe? Plus another £50 or £60m for Sanchez.

9 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

Haven't City supposed to have matched Real's  £161m offer for Mbabbe? Plus another £50 or £60m for Sanchez.

Monaco aren't willing to listen to any offer under €200m from reports that came out yesterday.  What they've officially said is that they won't sell to PSG incase the Neymar deal doesn't come off.

38 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

Think that was shot down pretty quickly. Don't think they would offer that.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, SirBalon said:

The area is under gentrification right now...  My question is where they're going to move all the Spurs fans when this is all finished! :ph34r:

We all live in the Home Counties already 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived