talkfootball365

Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Bournemouth Sign Defoe On Free Transfer

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i hope Bournemouth lose this 'plucky' & 'little' tag now.

Spunked millions on Grabban, Gradel, Cook, Gray, now huge wages on Defoe.

They can't be that little now. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

i hope Bournemouth lose this 'plucky' & 'little' tag now.

Spunked millions on Grabban, Gradel, Cook, Gray, now huge wages on Defoe.

They can't be that little now. 

They've not been little for years now but the media are so in love with them, it's beyond embarrassing. 

As a League One club they were throwing in excess of £10k a week at players, they're not small. 

Bournemouth and Eddie Howe have done well, but they have had one hell of a relative backing to do it.

The most bizarre thing about them is it seems like their best players are their cheapest buys. Bit like us actually.

Can see the logic in signing Defoe but £120k a week is absolutely absurd for someone his age, on a 2 year deal with an option of 3. I assume there is some kind of relegation release clause here?

First of all where did they get the money for that? Second off, 120k is a stupid amount of money for him, I understand he'll bag goal but still jeez. I guess I makes up for not having to pay for a transfer? Still for that much be best make at least 12-15 goals.

1 minute ago, Dickie said:

First of all where did they get the money for that? Second off, 120k is a stupid amount of money for him, I understand he'll bag goal but still jeez. I guess I makes up for not having to pay for a transfer? Still for that much be best make at least 12-15 goals.

promotion to, and then surviving in, the Premier League?

17 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

3 year deal paying Defoe £20m 

Add sign on fee and agent fee it's a bit like a £25-30m signing. Sorry got my Mike Ashley accountant hat on.

I guess split it through the year is a better in their head.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

What's the stat? Goals after 90th minute?

yep, not sure why that bit didn't copy xD 

Losing in the 90th minute? Get Defoe on

If it's the 90th minute of a game and your side need a goal, you'll probably feel a lot more hopeful if Jermain Defoe is on the pitch.

That's because the veteran Bournemouth striker is the master of last-minute goals.

from the BBC site.

I wouldn't mind him going tbh. Bit of a desperate thing to half rely on a striker in their mid-30s to have a spot in the squad but he's a proven goalscorer nonetheless. More so than Welbeck surely (i really can't stand him)?