talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Can Manchester United Win the Premier League?

• The title was changed to Can Manchester United Win the Premier League?
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Man City and Liverpool raise their level of performance to where they should be at, no.

If they don't and they plod their way through the rest of the season with a mixed bag of results, there's obviously a chance.

I think we can all agree we don't want them winning it. So let's keep our fingers and toes crossed the other two raise the standard. Please.

1 hour ago, Rick said:

@DeadLinesman what are your thoughts on this mate? 

I think it’s genuinely amusing that United will simply never get credit literally ever no matter what year it is. We cheated our way between 93-2013 and even now we’re shit, we still cheat and we’ll only be where we are dependant on if Liverpool are shit, or Citeh, or Leicester, or Chelsea or Arsenal etc because god forbid anyone give them any actual credit where it’s due.

It’s why you’ll never see in depth analysis or lengthy posts from me anymore because it’s literally lost in 99% madbantz. You just can’t have an unbiased conversation when it comes to United on pretty much any platform these days.

As for winning the league, we can absolutely do it. Leicester did it ffs and we’ve got a better squad than they did back then. However, I think there’s still too many inexperienced campaigners for it to happen and we’re still a couple of world class players short compared to Liverpool and Citeh.

A lot of hatred for United on here, it shows that other than the last few years , how good we have been throughout the life time of most of the posters on here.  

As for United wining the league this year, that's a long shot and not one that any knowledgeable United fans see as a possibility. I for one are happy that we are playing attractive football again and that there does seem to be progress made after a few years of stagnation at best.   

Both Liverpool and Man City have a better starting 11 and City have a much deeper squad.  Whats more important is that both clubs have a far superior manager and that has to be worth a few points.  United for the title is just the flavour of the month, there was talk of Chelsea having a shot before their last 5 or 6 games and a previous poster talked about a time a while back when Spurs where thought to be serious contenders.

I don't expect us to finish any higher than 3rd, but stranger things have happened, Leicester  managed to shock the football world.  United are still a couple of players away from seriously challenging and I don't think we will get them in January, but who knows, that's what makes football so fascinating.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

I think it’s genuinely amusing that United will simply never get credit literally ever no matter what year it is. We cheated our way between 93-2013 and even now we’re shit, we still cheat and we’ll only be where we are dependant on if Liverpool are shit, or Citeh, or Leicester, or Chelsea or Arsenal etc because god forbid anyone give them any actual credit where it’s due.

It’s why you’ll never see in depth analysis or lengthy posts from me anymore because it’s literally lost in 99% madbantz. You just can’t have an unbiased conversation when it comes to United on pretty much any platform these days.

As for winning the league, we can absolutely do it. Leicester did it ffs and we’ve got a better squad than they did back then. However, I think there’s still too many inexperienced campaigners for it to happen and we’re still a couple of world class players short compared to Liverpool and Citeh.

What a little bitch 

4 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

xD there’s 2 clubs that get the most hate, but it’s because we’re giants so compared to us the rest of them look pretty shite. Even the other big clubs.

• Subscriber

As for winning the league, we can absolutely do it. Leicester did it ffs and we’ve got a better squad than they did back then. 

1 hour ago, Redcanuck said:

As for United wining the league this year, that's a long shot and not one that any knowledgeable United fans see as a possibility. 

You saying @DeadLinesman isn't knowledgeable? :ph34r:

As I've said earlier. They're genuinely reminding me of utd in Sir Alexs last couple of years. 
Fluid counter attacks, questionable defenders, struggle in Europe, winning EPL games by 1 goal without playing particularly well, but almost never being held to the draw they deserve or being narrowly beaten. 

Such things can lead to titles. 

6 hours ago, Cicero said:

How seriously will they take Europa?

Ole seems to have them all ticking at the moment, and with reinforcements in January and VAR annoyingly forever on their side, I wouldn't be surprised if they managed it. 

I don't think Ole will have a better opportunity to actually win it given the circumstances. Can see them flogging off Europa.  They seem to be the only club ticking and have created a longer form of consistency compared to anyone else. He also seemed to have opened Pandora's box by realising how inept PL officials are and instructs his players to continue taking defenders on in the box and to collapse from any form of contact. 

I don't know about United, but reading this signifies why I struggle to get into top tier European football. Most people just go by memes and it's extremely irritating. The "elite" vs "non-elite" debate is so damn tinpot.

Good luck in your title run mate. As much as I despise United, it's always good to see giants get back to where they belong, similarly to Rangers in Scotland this year.

19 hours ago, Redcanuck said:

A lot of hatred for United on here, it shows that other than the last few years , how good we have been throughout the life time of most of the posters on here.  

As for United wining the league this year, that's a long shot and not one that any knowledgeable United fans see as a possibility. I for one are happy that we are playing attractive football again and that there does seem to be progress made after a few years of stagnation at best.   

Both Liverpool and Man City have a better starting 11 and City have a much deeper squad.  Whats more important is that both clubs have a far superior manager and that has to be worth a few points.  United for the title is just the flavour of the month, there was talk of Chelsea having a shot before their last 5 or 6 games and a previous poster talked about a time a while back when Spurs where thought to be serious contenders.

I don't expect us to finish any higher than 3rd, but stranger things have happened, Leicester  managed to shock the football world.  United are still a couple of players away from seriously challenging and I don't think we will get them in January, but who knows, that's what makes football so fascinating.

Yep, hands up I will admit that my hatred other than the obvious rivalry is all down to the successful team you had throughout most the 90's and early 00's.

It sickened me you always won. Even when you looked like dropping points you go and bastarding win the fucking game in time added on of the original time added on. 

And I couldn't stand old Bacon face. He was the master and you can't take that away from him, but he was a bloody wind up cunt xD The power he held over everyone was unbelievable. Obviously a testament to him and you though.

I don't ever want those times back. It was insufferable for me and I'd rather anyone win it than you, won't lie. 

If you do win it, I will take the rose tinted spectacles off and respect it because it shows you've done something right. You don't win a league without good reason.

However I agree with you, I think you are a bit short and I firmly believe if City and Liverpool were at their level, we wouldn't be having this discussion (much to @DeadLinesman frustration) but credit where it's due, they aren't and you keep chugging away. You are winning games you were easily dropping points in over the last 3-4 years and it's a sign of a winning mentality.

Dare I say it, but Bruno coming into that team feels a bit like the Cantona catalyst. I just hope to god it doesn't have the same outcome.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Yep, hands up I will admit that my hatred other than the obvious rivalry is all down to the successful team you had throughout most the 90's and early 00's.

It sickened me you always won. Even when you looked like dropping points you go and bastarding win the fucking game in time added on of the original time added on. 

And I couldn't stand old Bacon face. He was the master and you can't take that away from him, but he was a bloody wind up cunt xD The power he held over everyone was unbelievable. Obviously a testament to him and you though.

I don't ever want those times back. It was insufferable for me and I'd rather anyone win it than you, won't lie. 

If you do win it, I will take the rose tinted spectacles off and respect it because it shows you've done something right. You don't win a league without good reason.

However I agree with you, I think you are a bit short and I firmly believe if City and Liverpool were at their level, we wouldn't be having this discussion (much to @DeadLinesman frustration) but credit where it's due, they aren't and you keep chugging away. You are winning games you were easily dropping points in over the last 3-4 years and it's a sign of a winning mentality.

Dare I say it, but Bruno coming into that team feels a bit like the Cantona catalyst. I just hope to god it doesn't have the same outcome.

@Redcanuck is right as well when it comes to how Man Utd are/were perceived in the life-time of posters. And it's nothing to do with political aspect or north/south shite.

What annoyed me was how arrogant and gloaty a lot of the fans were at school, despite seemingly never going to see the club and having no association in any respect to Man Utd. The essence of a 'glory supporter' I would say. I've genuinely seen someone on FB, who I went to school with, change allegiance to Chelsea when Man Utd stopped winning titles and Fergie left. Made me sick. 

• Subscriber

If you look at it objectively. The difference between 10th and 1st right now is really only just 7 points. That's two games in and someone above you has two bad games and all of a sudden you've moved up so many positions you really could just be a title challenging side. This is not to slate Manchester United in any way as I think they've taken hold where others havent and just been consistent.

I don't necessarily think they'll win it just because we're getting into the second half of the season and even if they dont care for the Europa League (I think they should personally its more silverware). I get the feeling they'll start to feel a bit of it as that part of their campaign gets rolling again. The more tournaments you're in requires far better team management and you can't always start Bruno even if he wants to because it will result in injuries or just general fatigue. Ole wants silverware and is almost in touching distance of it in one competition and who knows what he'll do with the league if that becomes something that has a higher probability of success. 

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Lucas said:

There was only one Canton buddy and Bruno will never compare to him, Cantona may have had that vicious wild streak in him but he had the knack if a player looked into his eyes face to face they would shite themselves, I remember a game when the likes of Fergies babes were playing, Beckham, Scholes etc and there was a bit of a ruckus with the other teams players shoving and pushing the like of Becks and Ginger around, Cantona suddenly appeared with his collar turned up and started to push the other players away with a gentle push and look as if to say "now, now lads...daddies here", they all left the United young lads alone and disappeared, he was their minder.  :D

Archived