The better place to talk football.

Member World Cup: Index

football forum

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
9 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Why do you need to know who voted for who? It's enough to get a general feeling of forum popularity, no need to make it even more personal by showing everyone who does and doesn't prefer them over other people.

Why not though? I like transparency, why do people have things to hide? Always find these things have worked best in the past when people have voted and given reasons for their choices. The other thing is the fact all the staff can see who has voted for who - is that really fair? They can adjust their votes accordingly should they wish. Think it should be open for all for that reason 

• Subscriber
Just now, Cannabis said:

You might, but others may not. It works for everyone the way it is.

Well not everyone clearly.

And my second point should be addressed, because staff having the ability to check votes, when members do not - doesn't seem to be particularly fair.

• Subscriber
Just now, Storts said:

Why not though? I like transparency, why do people have things to hide? Always find these things have worked best in the past when people have voted and given reasons for their choices. The other thing is the fact all the staff can see who has voted for who - is that really fair? They can adjust their votes accordingly should they wish. Think it should be open for all for that reason 

I'm not arsed either way, can see where you're coming from, just that it relies on every single person to take it the right way. Make it open and it only takes one crybaby to kick off and change this from a bit of fun into being a bit awkz.

• Subscriber
Just now, RandoEFC said:

I'm not arsed either way, can see where you're coming from, just that it relies on every single person to take it the right way. Make it open and it only takes one crybaby to kick off and change this from a bit of fun into being a bit awkz.

Perhaps you're right - appreciate what you're saying and would hope people would be mature enough to take it in the spirit it is intended. I actually want to know who's voting for and against me out of curiosity. 

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Storts said:

Perhaps you're right - appreciate what you're saying and would hope people would be mature enough to take it in the spirit it is intended. I actually want to know who's voting for and against me out of curiosity. 

I can say one thing, i may or may not have doused you in flammable liquid :banana:

10 minutes ago, Storts said:

i believe i have a pretty good idea who's voting against me and why, don't you? Still i could get behind an open voting for the knockouts for the sheer fun and drama of it.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Berserker said:

i believe i have a pretty good idea who's voting against me and why, don't you? Still i could get behind an open voting for the knockouts for the sheer fun and drama of it.

Not at all to be honest, surprised at some of the votes - but I don't really care enough, just personal preference would be for open voting, but I'll drop it.

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I know that you wouldn't get offended by who has or hasn't voted for you but that can't be said for other people on the forum. We had a chat about the best way to work this competition and we found that keeping votes anonymous would make some people feel more secure and not scare them away from voting for fear of a back-lash from those who may take offence. 

At the end of the day this is supposed to be a bit of fun, the last thing we want is people getting upset over it.

See why couldn't you have just gone with this at the start...I disagree, and don't think it's fair that staff can see the votes but others can't, but I understand the reasoning behind it - and yes ultimately it's a bit of fun so will leave it. 

28 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I know that you wouldn't get offended by who has or hasn't voted for you but that can't be said for other people on the forum. We had a chat about the best way to work this competition and we found that keeping votes anonymous would make some people feel more secure and not scare them away from voting for fear of a back-lash from those who may take offence. 

At the end of the day this is supposed to be a bit of fun, the last thing we want is people getting upset over it.

I see both sides of the argument, I understand the want for transparency, but at the end of the day I think physically seeing who voted for who would definitely create divides and some drama. Like Berserker said we kind of have an idea of who would and wouldn't have voted for us but still it's for fun.

Guys, vote for me, okay? I have the greatest posts. So great. My friends come to me and they say "Tsubasa, you have the best posts". Stan is a nice guy, maybe too nice. He doesn't have the stamina to win this World Cup! So sad! Covfefe!

6 minutes ago, Tsubasa said:

Guys, vote for me, okay? I have the greatest posts. So great. My friends come to me and they say "Tsubasa, you have the best posts". Stan is a nice guy, maybe too nice. He doesn't have the stamina to win this World Cup! So sad! Covfefe!

I'd laugh but that's a dig at the president of my country. :dam:

• Administrator
33 minutes ago, Tsubasa said:

can't believe you used covfefe against me man :( 

Archived