talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Harry Kane - Striker Says He's Staying at Spurs

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Feel for Kane in that he has to stay somewhere he ideally doesn't want to be. He deserved a move to bigger and better things and will no doubt look on enviously.

It's bittersweet, because as much as he wanted the move, he clearly loved Spurs enough to respect what they have done for him not to publically rock the boat. His relationship with the fans was very important to him and they won't care a jot now they have their main man back.

He could have really kicked the toys out the pram and forced the move like others have in the past, but that's not that kind of guy he is and you have to respect that in today's game.

It does feel like City will move on now which actually makes me think a move to Man Utd is more realistic perhaps next summer.

Whilst this may be true, him showing up late for training amid the rumors and expressing he did nothing wrong and wouldn't go into details, to which the club fined him, will leave a very, very bad taste. 

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Whilst this may be true, him showing up late for training amid the rumors and expressing he did nothing wrong and wouldn't go into details, to which the club fined him, will leave a very, very bad taste. 

It won't..  when he scores the winner in their next match nobody will give a flying fuck. 

Spurs fans will be licking the sweat off his bollocks if he scores at the weekend. Water under the bridge now. 

The ship to City has sailed for him, this summer was his chance. Unless he moves to Utd next summer, I can see him finishing his career at Spurs. 

City won’t want him, Real won’t and PSG won’t either do it has to be Utd or bust for him. Signing that six year contract was a really dumb move for him when he always knew he was going to want to leave.

I would find it hilarious if Spurs finish ahead of the Manchester sides again this season. They have done before.

They seem to have gotten past being Arsenal's inferior neighbour. Why not get past being dismissed so easily by a few others.

The main thing could be whether it might have effected their collective hunger & belief. If a mindset of Spurs can't win is now there in the squad among it's top players.

In the back drop to all this, they have just brought a manager in who took a very average Championship side to Europe in a very short space of time. If he was Portuguese & coming in from La Liga & taking over Big Club X, people would be wetting their pants.

6 minutes ago, Rick said:

Spurs fans will be licking the sweat off his bollocks if he scores at the weekend. Water under the bridge now. 

The ship to City has sailed for him, this summer was his chance. Unless he moves to Utd next summer, I can see him finishing his career at Spurs. 

City won’t want him, Real won’t and PSG won’t either do it has to be Utd or bust for him. Signing that six year contract was a really dumb move for him when he always knew he was going to want to leave.

Like he's destined to not win anything. 

1 hour ago, Rick said:

This is a beautifully constructed sentence.

14 hours ago, Storts said:

Hhahah go on Daniel. Should have stuck to my guns, told you Levy wouldn’t sell and held all the power this sunmer 

Breaking news: Charlie Kane has been on the phone to Duncan Wright of The Sun:

‘HARRY KANE has told Spurs he STILL wants to go – and feels he is being hung out to dry by the club.

‘Time is running out for Manchester City to come up with the £150million Daniel Levy is demanding before the transfer window shuts in six days.’

That is a shame because it has taken 33 days for Levy to drop his valuation of Kane by £10m. Perhaps Manchester City will wait another five months for the Tottenham chairman to bring the fee down to a round £100m?

He wants £400k a week now: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/harry-kane-wants-400k-a-week-from-tottenham-hotspur-after-admitting-defeat-in-bid-to-leave-m2xmdq6v0

If true, Levy might need to sit down with Kane and his brother-agent and explain to him what a contract is, how they work for the period of time they’ve signed, and that he’s still got several years left on his deal.

Because they really don’t seem to understand this concept of longer contracts giving clubs leverage.

22 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He wants £400k a week now: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/harry-kane-wants-400k-a-week-from-tottenham-hotspur-after-admitting-defeat-in-bid-to-leave-m2xmdq6v0

If true, Levy might need to sit down with Kane and his brother-agent and explain to him what a contract is, how they work for the period of time they’ve signed, and that he’s still got several years left on his deal.

Because they really don’t seem to understand this concept of longer contracts giving clubs leverage.

Would definitely not be in Levy's interest to explain this to them xD

4 hours ago, Danny said:

Would definitely not be in Levy's interest to explain this to them xD

Maybe explaining it to them after getting them to sign a new 7 year deal xD

Him using his brother as an agent was a pretty shit idea on his part. Nice that he's a "family first" sort of guy, I guess... but it's sort of held him back in terms of being at a club that's able to match his talent and ambition while he's in his peak years (and I think Levy's partially to blame for Spurs' failure to turn the corner after some years of sustained improvement under Poch) and him getting the insane salaries someone as good as him can demand.

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Maybe explaining it to them after getting them to sign a new 7 year deal xD

Him using his brother as an agent was a pretty shit idea on his part. Nice that he's a "family first" sort of guy, I guess... but it's sort of held him back in terms of being at a club that's able to match his talent and ambition while he's in his peak years (and I think Levy's partially to blame for Spurs' failure to turn the corner after some years of sustained improvement under Poch) and him getting the insane salaries someone as good as him can demand.

Levy is short for leverage 

7 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

If Kanes brother is anything like Kane, then negotiations are impossible 

Levy: "Harry you've signed a six year deal"

Harry: "Blaghbleghbhlugh bhlugh yeh"

Levy: "Harry, I can't understand a fucking word of what you're saying, but I'm not giving you 400k a week just after you re signed for 6 years"

Harry: "Angry baghbleghblugh noises"

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, The Premier Steve's said:

What will be interesting is to how far "professionalism" can take someone's form. Anyone who has served a notice period will know what I mean.

This time last year I left my previous job after 8 years. Spent the last couple of weeks doing specification drawings on CAD for operators to use when they’re setting products up.

Last couple of days I was putting secret hidden messages to friends and now ex colleagues on the drawings that I imagine are still being used to this day. 😂

Archived