talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tammy Abraham Leaves Chelsea For Roma

7 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah - it's not just in football, too. I'm seeing it in my work, where loads of our clients had come to depend on investment from wealthy Chinese individuals/companies are now facing some pretty rough times as China's taken an incredibly harsh stance on investment in the West. It's forcing a lot of "decisions" upon businesses that otherwise wouldn't have been made.

What do you do for work?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

What do you do for work?

Vague answer: I’m a consultant. More specific answer: I’m an actuary focused on business risk analysis at a consulting firm (because I’d say like 7 or 8 times out of 10, when you meet an actuary they're working for an insurance company).

8 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Vague answer: I’m a consultant. More specific answer: I’m an actuary focused on business risk analysis at a consulting firm (because I’d say like 7 or 8 times out of 10, when you meet an actuary they're working for an insurance company).

What's your degree? I've been invited to do the highest level degree my university offers in the finance sector, essentially a double major of economics and finance. 

8 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

What's your degree? I've been invited to do the highest level degree my university offers in the finance sector, essentially a double major of economics and finance. 

Is Tammy Abraham in your class? 

1 hour ago, Rick said:

Imagine have a skint Roma with Mourinho in charge or a shite Arsenal with Arteta in charge as your only options. 

I follow Roma regularly as they are my Italian team.  I have no idea where they are getting the money for this.  Seems to me this is a one-off play to get back into the Champions League... get Mourinho in, spend a chunk of money, and go for it.  It's a dangerous game considering they have lost upwards of 200m the past couple years.

They are getting Dzeko's wages off the books there, which were somewhere around 120k/week if I remember correctly.  I believe there will be a small fee for him to go to Inter.  Obviously this deal will be back-loaded... hence the loan-to-buy.

Kind of surprised JM wants Tammy.

I realise he got the best out of Drogba and propelled him to new heights yet Tammy is a different kind of player.

He has had trouble holding up the ball in the EPL after a good first season they managed to work out how to muscle him off the ball to prevent him building forward momentum might not be such a problem in serie A.

His heading is atrocious though did improve to the level that some attempts though not on target looked decent misses. 

He does have the ability to get on the end of moves and finish crisply yet also can move to the wrong area in the box and not get on the end of a pass.

He can poach a goal if a defender loses concentration.

It would be good to see if JM can improve and how high his ceiling is.

21 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

That’s some good money for him. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think he’s a bad player at all. But I do think the price is a bit insane.

And people thought we should’ve loaned him…

I'm not keen on Tammy so intrigued what Jose can do with him.

It would be interesting if he can turn him into a reliable top player with more attributes than he currently has.

Suspect JM has got this one wrong.

Time will tell. 

14 hours ago, Waylander said:

I'm not keen on Tammy so intrigued what Jose can do with him.

It would be interesting if he can turn him into a reliable top player with more attributes than he currently has.

Suspect JM has got this one wrong.

Time will tell. 

To be fair, Roma have lost a 35 year old in Dzeko and replaced him with a 23 year old that has potential. 

Not saying Abraham will be a success but I like it when younger players take the plunge try their luck abroad and aren't afraid to develop that way. It's brave.

I don't think Jose is necessarily the best manager to improve him but he does need to go somewhere where he'll be a team's main man.

He was never that at Chelsea.

• The title was changed to Tammy Abraham Leaves Chelsea For Roma
6 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Fair play to Chelsea. 40 million and a buy back clause is very good business.

Quite surprised Roma have that sort of money.

I read somewhere they were intending to back Mournho quite significantly in transfers.

Abraham follows Wolves keeper Rui Patricio.

I think they are lining up to have a proper go at getting back to the Serie A Champions League spots.

25 minutes ago, Reluctant Striker said:

I read somewhere they were intending to back Mournho quite significantly in transfers.

I think they are lining up to have a proper go at getting back to the Serie A Champions League spots.

I hope Mourinho gets his targets intrigued to see if he can still deliver.

42 minutes ago, Reluctant Striker said:

I do worry when clubs take that approach. Inter Milan's spending before Conte arrived wasn't feasible before Covid and it continued. Maybe some of these teams think the fall out is worth it for a trophy.

Archived