17/01/2021 - Liverpool 0-0 Man Utd
19/01/2020 - Liverpool 2-0 Man Utd

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
21 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

We’re going to get torn apart, I think

I do wonder if Man Utd will rest a few players though. Solskjaer really wants that first piece of silverware and EL would provide that; I suspect the key players are more likely to play on Thursday and perhaps not for the full game on Sunday.

I reckon you'll win. 

23 minutes ago, Stan said:

I do wonder if Man Utd will rest a few players though. Solskjaer really wants that first piece of silverware and EL would provide that; I suspect the key players are more likely to play on Thursday and perhaps not for the full game on Sunday.

I reckon you'll win. 

They're 6-2 up, resting players with this result at ''half-time'' would be ridiculous, especially considering this is Manchester United vs. Liverpool.

25 minutes ago, Stan said:

I reckon you'll win. 

I don’t think he’ll be taking this game lightly. And if you’re a United legend managing United, why wouldn’t you be fully up for this one?

He’s not been shit against us in his time as United manager and this season we are vulnerable as fuck generally, but as the season’s gone on the side just looks more and more broken and shite. We can play well, but we’ll always gift enough chances to have a lead taken from us if we keep finishing like shit.

Rafa dismantling Real Madrid and then turning over United just made me love the man more. This could go a long way to adding a lot of goodwill to United fans, many of whom have been quick to add pressure to him when things aren’t going well, thrashing us after thrashing Roma.

We could have 80% possession and 86 shots and I’m still sure we’d lose this one tbh

5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don’t think he’ll be taking this game lightly. And if you’re a United legend managing United, why wouldn’t you be fully up for this one?

He’s not been shit against us in his time as United manager and this season we are vulnerable as fuck generally, but as the season’s gone on the side just looks more and more broken and shite. We can play well, but we’ll always gift enough chances to have a lead taken from us if we keep finishing like shit.

Rafa dismantling Real Madrid and then turning over United just made me love the man more. This could go a long way to adding a lot of goodwill to United fans, many of whom have been quick to add pressure to him when things aren’t going well, thrashing us after thrashing Roma.

We could have 80% possession and 86 shots and I’m still sure we’d lose this one tbh

Tranmere aren't playing mate :ph34r:.

• Administrator
22 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

They're 6-2 up, resting players with this result at ''half-time'' would be ridiculous, especially considering this is Manchester United vs. Liverpool.

Yeah I know, but I wouldn't put it past him to rest (perhaps not fully, but for some of the game) players like Fernandes, Pogba, Shaw, Rashford etc). There's still enough other experience and quality to get past Liverpool, in my opinion. 

Also, I'm sure he'll want to avoid the sheer embarrassment of being on the wrong end of an epic comeback - in past few seasons Roma did it to Barcelona, Liverpool did to Barcelona, Barcelona to PSG, RB Salzburg to Lazio, Liverpool to Dortmund. No-one can deny the importance of this derby game but given how strongly Solskjaer wants a trophy, this arguably has more importance on this occasion...

16 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

all the more reason not to risk a full-strength side if you're that vulnerable anyway?

• Subscriber

I wouldn't be worried about United turning up at Old Trafford. Every time Liverpool goes to play there they shit the bed and this time won't be any different. United will win this one even if they decide to rest players.

3 hours ago, MUFC said:

Got a bad feeling about this game.

This is the game where our top four hopes all go up in smoke. We won’t be winning this, which is what we need to do to stay in the race. 

4 hours ago, Rick said:

This is the game where our top four hopes all go up in smoke. We won’t be winning this, which is what we need to do to stay in the race. 

You have wasted chances this season and your final ball at times in the last third has been below par. But I think Sunday, you'll bag all your chances and be clinical. Just have this nagging bad feeling lol.

• Subscriber

I'm forgetting the 6-2 win against Roma and I hope Ole is and tells the players such but my gut feeling is this is going to end either 1-1 or 0-0 and the players still have the return leg against the latter mentioned on their minds and will avoid any injuries if they can.

• Subscriber

This game is in serious doubt here. Man Utd fans on the pitch and everything, have broken into the ground xD glad to see this happening. It's well overdue.

• The title was changed to Man Utd P-P Liverpool - Sunday 2nd May, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was locked

Archived