The better place to talk football.

Ruben Dias Awarded Footballer of the Year 2021

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
7 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Can't argue with that

I think you can personally. Great player, had an excellent season in an exceptional team.

Think Kane’s been robbed personally. Leads the league in goals and assists in a really poor team. Been the best player in the league this season imho 

7 minutes ago, Storts said:

I think you can personally. Great player, had an excellent season in an exceptional team.

Think Kane’s been robbed personally. Leads the league in goals and assists in a really poor team. Been the best player in the league this season imho 

Nah you're bang on the money. Should've been Kane. Can't remember a player having a better individual season stats wise . 35 goal contributions in 34 games. I don't care of you're prime John Terry. A CB should not be winning it when an attacker has numbers like those. 

Ruben Dias should of gotten Young player of the season given he qualifies for it. B

• Subscriber
20 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Nah you're bang on the money. Should've been Kane. Can't remember a player having a better individual season stats wise . 35 goal contributions in 34 games. I don't care of you're prime John Terry. A CB should not be winning it when an attacker has numbers like those. 

Ruben Dias should of gotten Young player of the season given he qualifies for it. B

Yeah definitely. Ruben Dias is clearly a top drawer footballer, and been fantastic, especially second half of the season but as you say Kane’s individual season has just been phenomenal. Absolutely the best player in the league this season but he’s been hampered (as usual) by playing for us 

31 minutes ago, Storts said:

I think you can make an argument for it, but it's hard to look passed Ruben Dias because he's come in and made such an immediate impact - and that impact led to Citeh being the only team really in the title race at the end of the day.

Kane's obviously had a great season and the impact he's made as been putting his club on his back and carrying them higher up in the table than they otherwise would be... but I think it's hard to argue passed Dias considering how good defensively Citeh have been this season.

• Subscriber

Personally not having that at all. He’s obviously had a great season, but they’re an exceptionally talented and expensive side from top to bottom - I really don’t think whatever part he has played eclipses Kane’s ridiculous individual efforts this year and 35 goals and assists! All in a team that had been devoid of ideas and relied on his brilliance. 

Each to their own but don’t think a centre back (with the best keeper in the league behind him) is really justified winning this award 

14 minutes ago, Storts said:

Personally not having that at all. He’s obviously had a great season, but they’re an exceptionally talented and expensive side from top to bottom - I really don’t think whatever part he has played eclipses Kane’s ridiculous individual efforts this year and 35 goals and assists! All in a team that had been devoid of ideas and relied on his brilliance. 

Each to their own but don’t think a centre back (with the best keeper in the league behind him) is really justified winning this award 

Yeah you make a fair point, and I'm not saying your opinion is wrong or shit or anything... it's an opinion so it can't be wrong xD and your reasoning is sound, I think you're making a good argument.

Just, imo, I'd probably have given it to Dias too.

1 hour ago, Storts said:

Fully agrees. As fantastic as Dias is, Kane has produced outrageous numbers in a very average Spurs side. 

3 hours ago, Cicero said:

Hold on a minute Bruno Fernandes has around the same numbers from midfield. 

Surely he deserves it if we're basing it on figures. 

Personally for me though Dias has been an absolute revelation, not seen his kind since Vidic and Terry. A defender who will take a kick in the face for his team. 

2 hours ago, Machado said:

First defender to win it since '89. He's peaked very young. Could well go down as one of the greats in the position.

Personally love a blood and guts defender like Dias, Vidic and Terry. They give you 110% every match but for me the greats in the CB position are the rolls royces. 

Beckenbauer, Baresi, Moore, Ferdinand and Nesta. 

Those guys could defend but also stroll out with the ball like a prime midfielder. 

3 minutes ago, Devil said:

Hold on a minute Bruno Fernandes has around the same numbers from midfield. 

Surely he deserves it if we're basing it on figures. 

Personally for me though Dias has been an absolute revelation, not seen his kind since Vidic and Terry. A defender who will take a kick in the face for his team. 

Why would he deserve it more if it's just based on figures? If it's just based on stats, I think Kane's the easy winner - most goals and most assists, makes him the attacking player with the most contributions in the league.

I'm not sure it should just be based on the stats though - and I think Dias is a worthy winner of the award.

10 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Why would he deserve it more if it's just based on figures? If it's just based on stats, I think Kane's the easy winner - most goals and most assists, makes him the attacking player with the most contributions in the league.

I'm not sure it should just be based on the stats though - and I think Dias is a worthy winner of the award.

I'm not saying Fernandes deserves it mate, making a point if kane's stats are good then Bruno's are better because he's doing huge numbers from midfield. 

I actually think Dias has been head and shoulders the best played in the league this season, people will always look at the goal and assists but Dias can't boast them can he, but if you think about the amount of goals his world class defending has denied the maybe it evens up. 

15 minutes ago, Devil said:

not seen his kind since Vidic and Terry. A defender who will take a kick in the face for his team. 

You mean Kompany ;)  ..so far Kompany was better then Dias, he was good with the ball at his feet and could play in midfield too! 

4 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

You mean Kompany ;)  ..so far Kompany was better then Dias

Never forgiven that cunt for scoring that header against us at the Etihad in the run in for the title. 

Decided to ignore him after that point through pure hate. 😂

Nah he was a fantastic leader and player. Be top on end of defenders in any generation. 

Archived