• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Southampton 1-1 Man Utd - Sunday 22nd August, 2021

football forums

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Fernandes got tackled fairly, lay on the ground with his hands out, Southampton went on to score, he kept crying about it to the referee, got booked.

He's far from the only one in the league but he has a particularly entitled look of shock on his face when the officials dare to rule against him. He's got more than his fair share of shithousery in his own locker as well.

Never gets commented on by the media like it does with other players so it's particularly amusing when he gets booked for cry arsing over nothing.

I must be watching a different game because he was standing on my screen 

edit: yep went back and watched it - went down from the tackle and got straight back up. 

Serves Bruno right for going down like a bitch each time he gets touched. Maguire made no effort to close the shot down, he just went down on his knee.

Greenwood has slowed down each time we’ve countered. He doesn’t know if he should go on the outside or cut inside. Our right back is a sack of shit. The only player who looks like he can make something happen is Pogba.

Why is Matic playing?

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Only if you’re trying to be the new Teso xD

To be fair, it was done purely to get a laugh haha. If it was sincere I would have at least found a word that fit better than bitch 😂

29 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Fernandes got tackled fairly, lay on the ground with his hands out, Southampton went on to score, he kept crying about it to the referee, got booked.

He's far from the only one in the league but he has a particularly entitled look of shock on his face when the officials dare to rule against him. He's got more than his fair share of shithousery in his own locker as well.

Never gets commented on by the media like it does with other players so it's particularly amusing when he gets booked for cry arsing over nothing.

You are bang on.

He's just like Suarez, two pea's in a pod. 

Appreciate the quality in their game but hate the way they go about things.

Hassenhuttl going to a back three after the success of the first half is really bad management. The game plan to get in their faces was working well, yet he decides to put his team under pressure for a full 45 minutes by bringing another centre half on.

You’re Southampton, nobody really expects you to win this game, so fucking have a go and stop shitting out of it, trying to protect a 1-0. 

I didn’t watch the first half because I wanted to watch Feyenoord instead.

But now that I’ve switched over, for the few minutes I’ve seen… Southampton look like a side without much overall quality and United are dominant the possession pinning Southampton in their half.

So I think there’s no way Southampton hang on for a draw at this rate, United are keeping the ball well and will get decent chances.

• Subscriber
32 minutes ago, Lucas said:

You are bang on.

He's just like Suarez, two pea's in a pod. 

Appreciate the quality in their game but hate the way they go about things.

Suarez was the exact example I was going to use next if anyone else questioned what I was on about.

• Subscriber

World beaters after the first game, back down to earth now?

Glazers out again? Loads of you justifying behaviour like breaking into stadiums? Nah I’d rather them grab a winner and have a good season. xD

28 minutes ago, Rick said:

Hassenhuttl going to a back three after the success of the first half is really bad management. The game plan to get in their faces was working well, yet he decides to put his team under pressure for a full 45 minutes by bringing another centre half on.

You’re Southampton, nobody really expects you to win this game, so fucking have a go and stop shitting out of it, trying to protect a 1-0. 

I thought a draw was a real possibility, because Southampton, historically, love taking it to Man United in particular, for whatever reason.

Man United a goal down in the 2nd half can be like the Alamo.

• Subscriber

Tell you what I thought Man Utd were shocking there. Not even just the result being a bit underwhelming but there was so little desire to go for the win there. They looked so content to draw. Just a bit baffled by that really.

Archived