The better place to talk football.

Premier League/World Cup 2022 Dates

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
19 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Going to be bloody fucking weird. 

Earlier start to season as well. Usually around 6 or 7 games in that period which will have to be accommodated for, likely to have fewer spare midweeks in the season. 

41 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I imagine next season will be a season riddled with injuries for everyone tbh.

I was actually wondering if it would affect any players muscles spending a month in the heat of Qatar to having to quickly acclimatise in a week to the chilly December weather here.

Might seem daft but they won't be used to that extreme difference in such a short period that warm ups are going to need to be vitally important initially.

Wouldn't surprise me if we see a few players suffer muscular injuries as a result anyway.

13 hours ago, LFCMike said:

The season is starting a week earlier and finishing a week later to accommodate a seven week break, what could possibly go wrong?

The sensible play from the league would be five substitutes wouldn't it.

4 hours ago, The Premier Steve's said:

Should cancel the Champions League next season.

Yes. Make more room for the big 1.

The 1 people's Grans & Aunts take notice of.

Everyone gets aroused for England vs Panama or Tunisia in a World Cup Group stage match.

European club competitions really don't have the same reach.

7 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

World Cup shouldn't happen in December. 

There really wasnt much choice to be honest it's to hot in Qatar. Whether you think it should be in Qatar is a different matter 

Do what the lower leagues used to do (or still do?) Games go ahead if teams haven't really got anyone on international duty. 

Once a team is knocked out the world cup no break for that individual. Ship them straight back. Most clubs won't have any representatives from the quarter finals onwards. 

2 hours ago, The Premier Steve's said:

Do what the lower leagues used to do (or still do?) Games go ahead if teams haven't really got anyone on international duty. 

Once a team is knocked out the world cup no break for that individual. Ship them straight back. Most clubs won't have any representatives from the quarter finals onwards. 

They still do that in the lower leagues. 

While that's a sensible idea, I'm sure Sky  or certain clubs would piss and moan about it and the Premier League will bow down to them as per the norm. 

• The title was changed to Premier League/World Cup 2022 Dates
On 24/09/2021 at 10:23, Bluebird Hewitt said:

They still do that in the lower leagues. 

While that's a sensible idea, I'm sure Sky  or certain clubs would piss and moan about it and the Premier League will bow down to them as per the norm. 

That's a good point and is probably what has come in to their thinking.

• Administrator
21 hours ago, ScoRoss said:

UEFA normally take a hissy fit if you try and televise games when their competitions are on, if FIFA do the same what are Sky going to do during that period?

I imagine they'd like to flood their schedule with lower league games.

They usually do at each international break. Get quite a few L1 or L2 games on. 

Archived