Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Chelsea's Stadium Plans Put on Hold

Said it before.. it looks like a massive hot tub filter. 

Awfull design. 

'it's looking good'

no. it's not. it really isn't. 

Money talks - ridiculous that they've pushed this through so quickly. Took us about 7 years

The design doesnt really capture the club. Would be better if the seating actually said Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea, Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea

:ph34r:

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

It's shit, but a lot better than what previously proposed. 

What kind of club puts the heat-sink on the motherboard BEFORE putting the chip in. Didn't you'll have a much better design with nice high walls and a properly shaped top?

I prefer the old school 4 stands like the current. Not keen on the bowl shaped stadiums, however it will be a step up as it will increase the capacity and revenue.

2 hours ago, Storts said:

Money talks - ridiculous that they've pushed this through so quickly. Took us about 7 years

didn't Spurs have nearby buildings they had to set on fire as 'insurance scams' to get rid of first :D

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, StanLCFC said:

didn't Spurs have nearby buildings they had to set on fire as 'insurance scams' to get rid of first :D

I can assure you Chelsea had far bigger obstacles that have miraculously disappeared. Nuclear waste on the trainline behind the stadium for a start...

Just now, Storts said:

I can assure you Chelsea had far bigger obstacles that have miraculously disappeared. Nuclear waste on the trainline behind the stadium for a start...

i haven't looked in to it tbh, i just remember one building near yours going up xD 

I'm not as down on the design as others. At least it is different from the usual identikit stadium, I'm more interested in seeing what the layout of the interior is like and how the seating is configured around the stands. I imagine there will be the usual 'corporate ring' as most stadiums seem to have.

I'm guessing they'll be looking to play at Wembley for a few years until it's ready?

3D-renderings-of-the-new-Stamford-Bridge

immediately transfer yourself back in time to Roman times...

3D-renderings-of-the-new-Stamford-Bridge

• Haha 1

settlement reached with family that were opposing the expansion

Chelsea can start work on a new £1bn stadium at Stamford Bridge after settling a dispute with a neighbour who objected to the construction.

The Crosthwaite family took out an injunction in May 2017, saying the expansion to 60,000 seats would block light into their home.

In January, Hammersmith and Fulham Council passed a motion to prevent the injunction blocking the plans.

The club said on Wednesday they have reached an agreement with the family.

Chelsea expect to be playing at Stamford Bridge until the end of the 2019-20 season and will be forced to play at an alternative venue - likely to be Wembley Stadium - for up to four years during construction.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43410170

Still loads and loads of barriers to go yet - this is just positive PR after getting dumped out the CL :ph34r:

• Haha 1

The club said on Wednesday they have reached an agreement with the family.

Probably had a couple of Russians banging on the door offering fur coats and a Siberian Cabin as an alternative location with plenty of light coming in through the bars on the window... 

6 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Teams shouldn't be allowed to use Wembley, it's supposed to be a special venue not some building that teams can rent as and when they please. 

Let's build this huge stadium and not use it.

Spastic idea.

Taken this long and no rent boys comment. 

Wow. You lot are terrible. 

4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Taken this long and no rent boys comment. 

Wow. You lot are terrible. 

Reported. This is a classy forum.

Fucking rent boys with your plastic bowl and your plastic fans you've got no history chavs.

Think i pretty much covered it all.

Just looks a bit ‘meh’ really. No distinguishing features inside the stadium that doesn’t make it look like any different to any identi-kit stadium made in the last twenty or so years. 

Chelsea have announced they have put their plans for a new stadium on hold.

The club were given the go-ahead to start work on their new 60,000-capacity stadium by Hammersmith and Fulham council in March.

However, a brief statement on the club's website said they had temporarily stalled the new stadium project because of the "current unfavourable investment climate".

For those that aren't aware, Roman has been denied access into the country given his expired VISA. He has thereby put a hold on the stadium redevelopment because he wants to be allowed in the country to invest in his assets. Stadium alone is a 1 billion pound investment. 

Ridiculous the state of this club.