talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Kurt Zouma caught abusing a cat

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Cicero said:

We do not condone cruelty to animals we find morally superior to other animals. 

It’s not just that, the dickhead bought a “designer” cat, a bengal, and then got annoyed that it acts like the breed of cat he bought as a pet.

And not just annoyed, he beats the cat because it… acted the way that cat does.

In front of a child, to be even shittier about it. Awful example to set to a child.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It’s not just that, the dickhead bought a “designer” cat, a bengal, and then got annoyed that it acts like the breed of cat he bought as a pet.

And not just annoyed, he beats the cat because it… acted the way that cat does.

In front of a child, to be even shittier about it. Awful example to set to a child.

I can’t ever take this argument seriously anymore. Which ever way you look at it, you are either ignorant or hypocritical to claim any sort of moral high ground on animal cruelty if you aren’t a vegan. 

Cows are forcibly raped to produce dairy products. Livestock are kept in horrible conditions to eventually be murdered when they have a will to live. Pigs are shown to be smarter than dogs and cats yet are viciously slaughtered. 

The fact West Ham condone Zouma’s actions whilst having a match day menu full of dairy and meat products just doesn’t sit well. 

8 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I can’t ever take this argument seriously anymore. Which ever way you look at it, you are either ignorant or hypocritical to claim any sort of moral high ground on animal cruelty if you aren’t a vegan. 

Cows are forcibly raped to produce dairy products. Livestock are kept in horrible conditions to eventually be murdered when they have a will to live. Pigs are shown to be smarter than dogs and cats yet are viciously slaughtered. 

The fact West Ham condone Zouma’s actions whilst having a match day menu full of dairy and meat products just doesn’t sit well. 

You off your head? There's an enormous disconnect between the reprehensible things the meat industry does to feed the human race, vs a rich prat being a cunt to a pet he bought that doesn't live up to his weird expectations of it. 

One of them is acting out of necessity. One of them is Kurt Zouma 

21 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

You off your head? There's an enormous disconnect between the reprehensible things the meat industry does to feed the human race, vs a rich prat being a cunt to a pet he bought that doesn't live up to his weird expectations of it. 

One of them is acting out of necessity. One of them is Kurt Zouma 

Don’t be so obtuse. Humans are anatomically herbivores. Not carnivores. There is virtually nothing scientific suggesting humans have a necessity for eating meat. It’s merely a commodity against animals that have a will to live. Absolutely daft to claim its a necessity when research has shown the vast superior benefits of a plant based diet alone compared to any other diet.

As I said, you’re either ignorant or a hypocrite. There’s no moral high ground here. What irks me are those that try to claim so and at the same time scarf down cheese burgers. I’ve learned to accept my hypocrisy with regard to these type of discussions, considering I have zero basis of argument as I enjoy eating meat. Despite knowing where it came from. 

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

May as well kill my cat since I occasionally drink milk. Don’t want to be a hypocrite.

That actually just makes you have zero moral agency. All animals have moral worth. Preferring one animal over another is simply speciesism, which is a lot better than being unable to conceptualize morality. 

Everything has rights to life and the suffering it entails. 

Animals are no different than humans, some suffer in pens forced to work, live, and die like slaves. Others are abused directly by those meant to protect and love. Being upset that their is direct abuse doesn’t mean indifference or preference to large scale institutionalised abuse, and no one in this thread has said otherwise. @Devil-Dick Willie and @Dr. Gonzo never stated anything contrary to that, and I find this whole outburst bizarre and aimed at someone else entirely. 

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Don’t be so obtuse. Humans are anatomically herbivores. Not carnivores. There is virtually nothing scientific suggesting humans have a necessity for eating meat. It’s merely a commodity against animals that have a will to live. Absolutely daft to claim its a necessity when research has shown the vast superior benefits of a plant based diet alone compared to any other diet.

As I said, you’re either ignorant or a hypocrite. There’s no moral high ground here. What irks me are those that try to claim so and at the same time scarf down cheese burgers. I’ve learned to accept my hypocrisy with regard to these type of discussions, considering I have zero basis of argument as I enjoy eating meat. Despite knowing where it came from. 

We're omnivorous. You sound like some idiot who watched game changers twice and believed the bullshit. 

You want better conditions for farm animals? Kill yourself and 5 billion others. Free the logistics chain to adapt to a better world for the animals they raise to be eaten by reducing demand. 

Zouma bought a pet. That is a responsibility. To keep the pet safe, healthy and well looked after for as long as reasonably possible. He's violated that social contract and is a horrible cunt because of it. 

Eating mass farmed meat is very different to my throwing my dog at a car. 

5 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

We're omnivorous. You sound like some idiot who watched game changers twice and believed the bullshit. 

You want better conditions for farm animals? Kill yourself and 5 billion others. Free the logistics chain to adapt to a better world for the animals they raise to be eaten by reducing demand. 

Zouma bought a pet. That is a responsibility. To keep the pet safe, healthy and well looked after for as long as reasonably possible. He's violated that social contract and is a horrible cunt because of it. 

Eating mass farmed meat is very different to my throwing my dog at a car. 

Veganism is a first world privilege. People will the say ‘VeGanisM was Invented in India’ but they cook everything in fucking ghee, including Jains. There has never been a vegan culture.

Then people don’t even consider the wider implications of what they do, pat themselves on the back for replacing dairy with almond, but in the USA for instance almonds are environmentally disastrous, grown in California and they are a huge strain on water consumption and land, it is the equivalent of dickheads growing cotton in the middle of NSW while draining the Murray Darling.. Yeah, it is nice to be able to not eat meat and animal products, I have consciously lowered animal product intake but not everyone can do that, and if they can they most are unaware of the other problems that agriculture causes, specifically the crops needed to convert 5billion people’s dietary needs to plant diets . Humans are the disease.

I don’t like killing things, nor do I like how things die so others must live, but that is unalienable fact, regardless of humans.

1 hour ago, Spike said:

Veganism is a first world privilege. People will the say ‘VeGanisM was Invented in India’ but they cook everything in fucking ghee, including Jains. There has never been a vegan culture.

Then people don’t even consider the wider implications of what they do, pat themselves on the back for replacing dairy with almond, but in the USA for instance almonds are environmentally disastrous, grown in California and they are a huge strain on water consumption and land, it is the equivalent of dickheads growing cotton in the middle of NSW while draining the Murray Darling.. Yeah, it is nice to be able to not eat meat and animal products, I have consciously lowered animal product intake but not everyone can do that, and if they can they most are unaware of the other problems that agriculture causes, specifically the crops needed to convert 5billion people’s dietary needs to plant diets . Humans are the disease.

I don’t like killing things, nor do I like how things die so others must live, but that is unalienable fact, regardless of humans.

There are quite simply too many people inhabiting the land. World population should be capped at 4-5 billion and with a greater spread over the different continents to reduce supply chain and agricultural challenges. 

Give me Thanos or give me death. 

Cicero isn't really incorrect. There's definitely hypocrisy attached to how humans view some animals compared to others but I think kicking and slapping around an animal would still draw criticism even if it was a goat or chicken. Killing an animal for what's considered a valid reason is where the difference really comes in.

• Subscriber

Hate seeing this sort of thing. Disgraceful behaviour. The fact he's released a statement saying their two cats are beloved family members and this was an isolated incident actually makes it worse. This behaviour is absolutely beyond the pale even if you only do it once. But I doubt that he's only done it once because he obviously doesn't think it is as beyond the pale and outrageous as normal people think it is, because he thinks making a statement apologising for it will get him off the hook.

If I was one of his team-mates, I wouldn't want to play alongside him again and I'd be going to the club's hierarchy basically saying it's him or me.

7 hours ago, Cicero said:

You refuse to take the argument that pet owners should be responsible and know something about the pet as something serious?

As far as I know, no other animal on the planet has tried to wipe out a group of their same species other than humans.

So if morality is your concern, caring about pet abuse and disliking pet owners for abusing their pets would seem to go hand in hand?

Because otherwise what you’re conveying is that you don’t give a shit about animal abuse just because a lot of people eat meat. Which tbh is an insane statement.

This is a cat it can’t really properly defend itself from a footballer kicking it like it’s a football. Whether or not it’s ethical people eat meat doesn’t really seem to have anything to do with whether or not it’s alright for rich cunts to beat their pets for acting the way they naturally do

Should he be sacked? Yes.

Will he be sacked? No. He's an "asset".

West Ham will fine him, drop him for a couple of games, send him on an "education" course and expect it all to blow over. 

It's down to players and fans to put pressure (lawfully and peacefully obviously) on the club.

Archived