talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Kurt Zouma caught abusing a cat

15 minutes ago, Cicero said:

The issue with animal cruelty/abuse is that prosecution is only ever considered as the very last option. They probably ordered Zouma to undergo certain educational programs to take corrective action. 

I dunno if you all remember the pensioner who was putting a live cat in a bin. But if they can investigate and fine that dumb old cunt, they can definitely investigate and fine this violent fucker.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Stan said:

Or if it was in the past xD 

What is this based on? 

My knowledge of the law. They typically prefer to educate first over prosecution. It's the same thing with reported child neglect which is absurd. 

6 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I dunno if you all remember the pensioner who was putting a live cat in a bin. But if they can investigate and fine that dumb old cunt, they can definitely investigate and fine this violent fucker.

It's a case by case situation. I say fine them all and remove the animal. 

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Cicero said:

My knowledge of the law. They typically prefer to educate first over prosecution. It's the same thing with reported child neglect which is absurd. 

Interesting.

I had a case where this person had wilfully neglected approx 10-15 pets for years. RSPCA had no idea about it. Neighbours reported it. RSPCA got involved, removed the animals and prosecuted straight off. There was no opportunity for 'education' or learning or corrective action. 

While that was neglect over time, if you're casually violent to animals for laughs on Snapchat, there's clearly a problem (also a strong argument that it wasn't the first instance). I'm surprised Zouma isn't being prosecuted purely on the basis that it's quite clearly animal cruelty/abuse and that should be treated more harshly than just 'education' programmes. 

• Subscriber
54 minutes ago, Khan of TF365 said:

No dilemma. Lion King solved it long ago, we eat them, we become grass and they eat us, simple. But can't say that about torture, so wrong :coffee:

It's only a moral dilemma for people (mostly Westerners) who have easy access to diverse plant-based foods and can afford to make a conscious choice for a well-planned, healthy, meat-free diet. 70% of the world population in developing countries don't have the dilemma or the choice as they are forced to make due with whatever is available to them.

9 minutes ago, Stan said:

Interesting.

I had a case where this person had wilfully neglected approx 10-15 pets for years. RSPCA had no idea about it. Neighbours reported it. RSPCA got involved, removed the animals and prosecuted straight off. There was no opportunity for 'education' or learning or corrective action. 

While that was neglect over time, if you're casually violent to animals for laughs on Snapchat, there's clearly a problem (also a strong argument that it wasn't the first instance). I'm surprised Zouma isn't being prosecuted purely on the basis that it's quite clearly animal cruelty/abuse and that should be treated more harshly than just 'education' programmes. 

Case by case situation as I explained to Gonzo. The example you brought up was a numerous amount of animals with reports over a yearly basis of neglect and abuse. We live in a system where educating the ignorant is implemented as the first step over prosecution, and since Zouma's was an isolated incident (that we know of) they will prefer implementing the former. 

Genuinely the only reasonable explanation I can think of why they haven't continued their investigation. 

2 hours ago, 6666 said:

I don't think you know what a dropkick is... and I don't have pets. And if you read anything I said properly, you'd notice I said it was wrong. But I'm not gonna go to the extreme of it being one of the worst things to ever happen simply because the story is trending which is what you're doing. You also decided to go to the extreme of suggesting I do the same as Zouma in the video simply because I'm not over exaggerating like you. I get you're in an emotional state but try to make your point without being a plank.

Yeah, I didn’t mean the wrestling move I meant the actual sporting move of dropping a ball and kicking it. 

I’m not following any online trends or  outrage, I can’t follow my own mind thank you and my own mind is saying that he’s a massive rat cunt for assaulting a defenceless animal the way he did. He boots it across the room, throws shit at it and then smacks it’s in the head. That isn’t “not that violent” to anybody with a braincell. Does he need to kill the animal for it to be bad enough for punishment? I don’t get where you draw your own line. 

The points being made in this topic are some of the most ridiculous I’ve seen on this forum in a long time. Rather than condemning a man beating his pet cat, we’re having a lesson on morals and hypocrisy. 

4 hours ago, Cicero said:

If that's how you feel then why the defensive mechanism in your reply? "I need to kill a cat because I drink milk"

This along with @Devil-Dick Willie's completely uneducated post are shining examples of speciesism and instead of acknowledging your own hypocrisies you try to make each situation indifferent.  There's virtually nothing wrong in saying I prefer one animal over another. My issue are those that judge others without realising their own self conscious behavior. 

Omnivores are Carnivores have the natural ability to process cholesterol.  The human body has scientifically shown it lacks the capacity to regulate these saturated fats because it does not have the hormone the thyroid secretes which prevents the cholesterol from clogging their arteries. It's virtually no surprise that vegans have drastic lower rates in cardiovascular disease. 

So yet again, humans are anatomically Herbivores. You choose to be an Omnivore. 

Humans are naturally herbivores. It's the consumption of meat in most of the world that has turned into a commodity and a privilege, because the human body does not need meat. 

Are you genuinely implying that the distribution of dairy and almond milk are somehow equivalent? Both have their impacts sure, except the latter has a far less impact on green house gas emissions and there aren't any cows being raped and kept in horrible conditions. 

The point I made were for those to acknowledge their own ignorance & hypocrisy. Judging Zouma without realising your own contributions in the torture of animals creates an equivalency without the middle man. 

Finally the response I was looking for. 

You were the only person that didn’t notice it was a joke about how poorly worded your first few posts were which made it seem like people should be morally consistent by caring for animals or abusing them.

I am saying that the dairy industy has parallels to certain agricultures because unsustainable farming that has a direct enviromental impact damages native animals and the land they live on. The rape of the planet directly leads to the rape of animals and vice versa. There is more to climate change and enviromental damage than just green house gases. The draining of large water basins in places like California and Australia cause wildfires which in turn burn millions of animals alive. So yes, I am saying that just because animals aren’t abused directly doesn’t mean they aren’t.

10 minutes ago, Rick said:

Yeah, I didn’t mean the wrestling move I meant the actual sporting move of dropping a ball and kicking it. 

I’m not following any online trends or  outrage, I can’t follow my own mind thank you and my own mind is saying that he’s a massive rat cunt for assaulting a defenceless animal the way he did. He boots it across the room, throws shit at it and then smacks it’s in the head. That isn’t “not that violent” to anybody with a braincell. Does he need to kill the animal for it to be bad enough for punishment? I don’t get where you draw your own line. 

The points being made in this topic are some of the most ridiculous I’ve seen on this forum in a long time. Rather than condemning a man beating his pet cat, we’re having a lesson on morals and hypocrisy. 

You're still pretending that I said "there's nothing wrong with it" simply because I'm not matching your level of outrage. It's interesting that you mentioned if he needs to kill the cat for me to reach your level of outrage and my point is that you're reacting as if he already did. There's definitely a lack of perspective when it comes to public outrage, especially online, and you're currently an example of that.

It's also very typical of public outrage online for you to be so upset by me not going to one extreme that you're grouping me in with the opposing extreme. There are a few numbers between 0 and 100.

I’m not pretending that you didn’t say anything. I’m not lumping you in with anybody either. I’m asking you what you think his punishment should be?

It’s easy for you to say that people are being sensationalist over it, because it allows you to appear level headed. But now I’m asking you a direct question. 

A man who kicks and smacks a cat for enjoyment is not a man who should be milling about on 80k a week. An example should be made of him. 

8 hours ago, RondónEFC said:

Hate seeing this sort of thing. Disgraceful behaviour. The fact he's released a statement saying their two cats are beloved family members and this was an isolated incident actually makes it worse. This behaviour is absolutely beyond the pale even if you only do it once. But I doubt that he's only done it once because he obviously doesn't think it is as beyond the pale and outrageous as normal people think it is, because he thinks making a statement apologising for it will get him off the hook.

If I was one of his team-mates, I wouldn't want to play alongside him again and I'd be going to the club's hierarchy basically saying it's him or me.

The broader implications of that, is what he did to those cats he can do to his other ‘family members’.

2 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

There is often a link between those that harm family pets and violent crimes on people.

I learned that from that Netflix documentary "Don't Fuck With Cats" - so it's fitting that it's being discussed in this thread I suppose

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

There is often a link between those that harm family pets and violent crimes on people.

Wouldn't totally be surprised. It's more how the individual reacts to a situation more than the actual involved parties that kind of gives you a sense of what they might do in other situations. While that isn't always the case its probably more likely to be true than false. 

2 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Quite special this boy. Considering they found him legally sound at his trial if I remember right. 

Yup. Tried to plead insanity yet he knew what he was doing was wrong. I mean, he bloody hid the body parts in the refrigerator. 

• Subscriber

What gets me about that video besides the abuse to that animal is the fact that the person who posted it shot it, then edited it to put smileys in it and continued to shoot it with Kurt aware of everything going on. Quite the company I must say. 

6 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

What gets me about that video besides the abuse to that animal is the fact that the person who posted it shot it, then edited it to put smileys in it and continued to shoot it with Kurt aware of everything going on. Quite the company I must say. 

Makes you wonder if this is culturally accepted where they are from. Or if they are just stupid. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Makes you wonder if this is culturally accepted where they are from. Or if they are just stupid. 

You know the thought did cross my mind. I think for them this is something they learned when they were younger or something did happen to make them think this was okay. There was an incident here years ago where two young boys did something almost similar to a dog but in reality it was much worse. When the cops asked them why they did it they said they had done it before and the only reason they got caught was because they made a video of it.

Now, that doesn't condone what was done but you clearly pick these habits up from somewhere and maybe just maybe his friend instigated the whole thing only for Kurt to do what he did. But, I still don't think he's sorry about what was done, he's just sorry it turned into what it did. We'll never know the reality other than what the video shows us but if he truly is sorry about what was done I hope that Bengal gets treated better for the rest of its stay in that house. 

I do agree with you @Cicero to a certain extent. I eat meat. Although I didn't work with food I probably wouldn't. I dont think people in the third world could give  up eating meat. I'm not sure if it would be possible for everyone in the developed world to stop eating meat. But I imagine we probably could if we really wanted to and there would be enough food and the world would be better of. 

One thing I believe is that no animal should die for our pleasure. If we could all eat a plant based diet be healthy, and the world would still function properly we should. Meat tasting nice isnt a good enough reason. 

As for him kicking the cat. It was a terrible thing to do. I do agree with you to a certain extent it is a bit hypocritical if you eat meat. Not sure if it means you cant be angry about it though. 

Archived