talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Mo Salah Adulation Thread

3 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Just goes to show how players who are in a system that allows them to use their attacking strengths do well in that kind of set-up, You only need to take him and De-Bruyne as 2 very good examples of this.. Under Mourinho and the defensive mindset he instills in players only stifled their creative talent but now of course their talents are there for all to see... Lukaku to a degree was another player

All 3 moved on or allowed to leave.. makes you wonder what sort of a team we might have if we had just shown some patience 

This is true but its always a possibility when selling any young player that hasn't reached their potential. Suso has gone on to become pretty successful after we let him leave and he was a player in whom i saw a lot of promise. But you cant always afford to be patient an need to manage squad size.    

We've not normally been in the same position as you guys though in having really top young prospects in our squad so i cant totally compare. 

At least your current model wouldn't result in players like him getting away. Roman has learned from his mistakes in the area of short termism which is good for you guys. 

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mohamed Salah says he grew up as a Liverpool fan and always harboured the ambition to sign for Jurgen Klopp's side.

Salah, 25, has been a revelation at Anfield following his £34m transfer from Serie A side Roma in the summer.

The Egypt international became the fastest Liverpool player to 20 Premier League goals on Sunday during the 2-2 draw against Tottenham, taking his tally to 28 in all competitions with a double at Anfield.

xDxDxD

• Subscriber
33 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

Monchi trying to justify this horrendous transfer for Roma. Even if it does reach €50 million, is that even enough for a quality player like Salah now?

To be fair to Monchi, no one could have predicted what was going to happen here not even the Liverpool fans. Maybe its the system or the amount of freedom afforded to this player because of the fact that there is no real striker at the top but whatever it is hes turned into a gem. I don't think 50 mil even scratches what he has given to Liverpool as a club and at the end of the season wherever we end up that will be a drop in the ocean.

4 hours ago, Mel81x said:

To be fair to Monchi, no one could have predicted what was going to happen here not even the Liverpool fans. Maybe its the system or the amount of freedom afforded to this player because of the fact that there is no real striker at the top but whatever it is hes turned into a gem. I don't think 50 mil even scratches what he has given to Liverpool as a club and at the end of the season wherever we end up that will be a drop in the ocean.

Maybe not predicted the level he reached, but he was worth more than that already for Roma in their team.

At least I thought it was easy to tell how good he was until I seen some of the comments in here :dam:

• Subscriber
31 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

Maybe not predicted the level he reached, but he was worth more than that already for Roma in their team.

At least I thought it was easy to tell how good he was until I seen some of the comments in here :dam:

What was the reason for them letting him go? I seem to remember some comments about how his form would dip and he was improving and his decision making was something that needed serious working on but there must have been some reason (other than the price) for the club to let him go. 

53 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

What was the reason for them letting him go? I seem to remember some comments about how his form would dip and he was improving and his decision making was something that needed serious working on but there must have been some reason (other than the price) for the club to let him go. 

They are skint and needed the money. 

To be fair to Roma, he was never this good in Italy. He was a player known for having great approach play and always getting into good situations but he was also known for being really wasteful in front of goal. It's actually been quite surprising how good he's been.

5 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Monetary reasons. But they let him go so early in the summer without a replacement having been lined up. The selling him isn't the biggest issue here, it's the amateurish negotiating.

2 hours ago, 6666 said:

To be fair to Roma, he was never this good in Italy. He was a player known for having great approach play and always getting into good situations but he was also known for being really wasteful in front of goal. It's actually been quite surprising how good he's been.

Aside from the 29 goals and 17 assists he had for Roma? I wouldn't personally classify him as wasteful. 

I still can't believe he cost us less that 50m 😂

One he'll of a profit we are gonna make in a year or so. Hopefully we'll be ahead of schedule and will have won the league and CL by then to keep him round 😎

28 minutes ago, shut up said:

He's a class player but i've seen him miss loads of sitters and/or misplace an easy passes which would leave firmino / mane through on goal

Pretty incredible how many chances he gets though. Because aside from any wastefulness, he's been phenomenal.

On 15/2/2018 at 13:40, ScoRoss said:

Monetary reasons. But they let him go so early in the summer without a replacement having been lined up. The selling him isn't the biggest issue here, it's the amateurish negotiating.

Aside from the 29 goals and 17 assists he had for Roma? I wouldn't personally classify him as wasteful. 

Stats aren't everything. Everytime I saw him for Roma it took him 4 or 5 chances to bury 1.

Also, I wanted to say that when he was at Chelsea, it wasn't just that he wouldn't be given a chance, but I also felt the thing was too soon for him. I've followed Salah since Basel and he was great there but when he got his move to Chelsea, I could just tell he wasn't ready, where as when he got his move to Liverpool I felt he would do well but not as well as he has since he had already shown something for Roma.

Despite all this, I still think he's overrated but he's not bad at all. I just don't think he's quite world class. I prefer clinical players over wasteful ones that create 1000 chances a game.

39 minutes ago, Blue said:

Stats aren't everything. Everytime I saw him for Roma it took him 4 or 5 chances to bury 1.

Goals aren't 'stats'. Goals win football games, something that has come difficult to Roma without him.

He creates so much opportunities for goals to be scored, for himself and others, and that is the most important thing about him.

His goal against Porto showed his development and his composure in situations now. He would probably fit in at any club in the world right now.

5 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

Goals aren't 'stats'. Goals win football games, something that has come difficult to Roma without him.

He creates so much opportunities for goals to be scored, for himself and others, and that is the most important thing about him.

His goal against Porto showed his development and his composure in situations now. He would probably fit in at any club in the world right now.

I agree that sometimes people discredit goals as stats because ultimately they are what win you games, but again, I prefer a player who can bury it on the first chance on a consistent basis rather than miss 5 chances, score your 6th but letting the opponent settle into the game. Salah is good but the wastefulness takes away from him in my opinion.

I can't name many players I'd take over him in his position.

41 minutes ago, Blue said:

I agree that sometimes people discredit goals as stats because ultimately they are what win you games, but again, I prefer a player who can bury it on the first chance on a consistent basis rather than miss 5 chances, score your 6th but letting the opponent settle into the game. Salah is good but the wastefulness takes away from him in my opinion.

Well... Yes. I'm glad you've managed to figure that out xD

• 3 weeks later...

Mohamed Salah has been named the Premier League's Player of the Month for February, while Chris Hughton has won the manager's award.

Salah scored four goals and added two assists in three Premier League games as Liverpool went unbeaten throughout the month.

The former Chelsea winger has now scored 32 goals in all competitions for Liverpool since making his move from Roma last summer.

• The title was changed to Mo Salah Adulation Thread

Archived