talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man City 4-1 Man Utd - Sunday 6th March, 2021

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Rick said:

Maguire letting the ball run through his legs when DeGea saves the Foden shot sums him up as a defender. The worst signing made in their history that big headed cunt. 

24 minutes ago, Stan said:

Fucking hell Maguire. There's late and then there's that xD 

Maguire...... about as useful as a jelly hammer.... 

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Lucas said:

No, that would be harsh.

He can't do anything if his side don't have the ball.

As in he's had such a poor season after how well last season went...

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

As in he's had such a poor season after how well last season went...

No, I still think that's harsh. He has been in form recently. I think if anything he overachieved last season.

Those Utd players were an absolute disgrace in that second half. Rashford and Lingard always making out like they are Utd through and through and they come on and offer ZERO effort. 

2 minutes ago, Rick said:

Those Utd players were an absolute disgrace in that second half. Rashford and Lingard always making out like they are Utd through and through and they come on and offer ZERO effort. 

They are going to finish about 8th by the looks of things

• The title was changed to Man City 4-1 Man Utd - Sunday 6th March, 2021

The performances of McGuire and Shaw really do highlight 1 important thing for me. 

That England playing 9 men back in international tournaments really is the best way for them to set up, and that having real high quality defenders like Stones and Walker to either side of him make a world of difference. 

1 hour ago, Dan said:

Mahrez is the most under-rated player in the league. I'd have him over Grealish every day of the week.

When we signed Greelish I didn't see him playing over Sterling or Foden and on the right we also have 2 better players in Mahrez & Bernardo. Crazy buy really

• Subscriber

Decent game in the first half. United poor in the second though. The bad thing is you could tell from the body language that they knew they'd lost and just pretty much gave up and started jogging around. Meanwhile, Man City's players were pressing their opponents when they didn't have the ball even when they were 4-1 up in injury time, as if it was the first minute of the game. People haven't stopped talking about Man Utd needing a "big overhaul" for about a decade now. Guardiola and Klopp didn't come into their clubs, sell half of the squad and buy 10 players in one transfer window. It isn't about that. It's about a culture, and it's very difficult to change the culture of a football club.

If Man Utd are to do that, they need to do two things. Firstly, bring in a manager who is going to be given several years to do that. I know this is easier said than done, but the 'big' teams like Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool and Man City are actually the only ones who have the luxury of giving managers time without having to pull the plug in the face of the threat of relegation if the first season turns out to be really turbulent. Secondly, they need the football club to be a football club, not the sporting arm of a marketing firm. No more £80m Maguires and Pogbas, no more 40 year old Cavanis and Ronaldos, unless they really are necessary acquisitions from a footballing perspective. The first of these should be achievable with Man Utd still being able to attract almost any manager if they wanted to. The second one remains incredibly unlikely unless the club's ownership changes.

4 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

When we signed Greelish I didn't see him playing over Sterling or Foden and on the right we also have 2 better players in Mahrez & Bernardo. Crazy buy really

grealish is on a collision course for worst signings given that City are not even desperate to play him.   the return this season is a bit of a disaster.   

man city's depth is scary good if a 100m player can actually be benched and the team has better options

Just now, OrangeKhrush said:

grealish is on a collision course for worst signings given that City are not even desperate to play him.   the return this season is a bit of a disaster.   

man city's depth is scary good if a 100m player can actually be benched and the team has better options

We over paid for him, paid the hyped up english player tax, don't think he's worth more than 30-40million

Archived