Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Heatwave.

Why is that people moan about this lovely weather? We moan when it's cold and then we moan when it's hot. I love this weather and the best thing about it is that I get a nice suntan.

I have no idea why people moan about this type of weather.  Everything about it is positive!

Maybe we're just talking about professional "moaners" to be honest.  Long may it last!  Anyway...  Looks like next week is going to calm down and I'm going away to Naples to sort that issue out.

Rumor is Phoenix has had to cancel flights due to the heat.

Here in Atlanta is has been pouring all day long, and supposed to continue for some time. Yippeee

I love it too. Life is better when the Sun is out than depressing rain. Plus I love wearing shorts.

I have to say, my bedroom fan is probably one of the best purchases I could have made. Leave that thing running all night and it's like sleeping in a fridge. Ideal.

I'm living in a constant heatwave with temperatures ranging from +30 to +40 throughout the year, still love it even if I do miss cold days and snow a little bit from time to time! 

If It's over or under exactly 70.3 degree I'm distraught.

8 minutes ago, Saturdays Are For The Boys said:

Speak in Celsius man!  You are welcome into the 20th Century. ;)

13 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Celsius... what is this peasant nonsense..... next thing you'll say use the metric system..... 

Disgusting

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Saturdays Are For The Boys said:

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Ha, I have found a quick way to convert in my head so that I can speak to you all in a way you understand. 99% of Americans don't know if 30 degree (In Celsius) is hot or cold. 

14 minutes ago, Eco said:

Ha, I have found a quick way to convert in my head so that I can speak to you all in a way you understand. 99% of Americans don't know if 30 degree (In Celsius) is hot or cold. 

yes

Just now, Saturdays Are For The Boys said:

Celsius... what is this peasant nonsense..... next thing you'll say use the metric system..... 

Disgusting

Peasant?  PEASANT????  Mate...  Your bloody Fahrenheit nonsense is a peasant's revolt if I've ever witnessed one.  The metric system is infact the modernised version of something than never made sense.  Take your quarters, three thirds and three quarters and stick them up your bottom!

Even we in the UK managed to improve the Imperial system by measuring weight in stones and not the numerical nonsense that is pounds. :ph34r:

• Upvote 1

yes

Dumb! :$

13 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Peasant?  PEASANT????  Mate...  Your bloody Fahrenheit nonsense is a peasant's revolt if I've ever witnessed one.  The metric system is infact the modernised version of something than never made sense.  Take your quarters, three thirds and three quarters and stick them up your bottom!

Even we in the UK managed to improve the Imperial system by measuring weight in stones and not the numerical nonsense that is pounds. :ph34r:

UM THE NUMERICAL SYSTEM HAS ORDER!!! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW HOW BIG SAID STONE IS OR HOW MUCH IT WEIGHS ?!?!?!

:usa:

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Dumb! :$

DONT MAKE ME COME OVER THERE! I WILL FREEDOM ALL OVER YOU!

I WILL FREEDOM ALL OVER YOU!

I'll have you know William Wallace was from these isles even if the Aussies do stake a claim to him. :ph34r:

14 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I'll have you know William Wallace was from these isles even if the Aussies do stake a claim to him. :ph34r:

mmmmmmm uh huh yeah

George-Washington-Riding-a-Dinosaur-126354.jpg

This heat with a small breeze is ideal. Would much rather this weather than a winters evening.

4 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

This heat with a small breeze is ideal. Would much rather this weather than a winters evening mind you.

Yeah...  That breeze we're getting this evening coupled with the heated bricks on the houses is amazing.  I absolutely love this time of year and it's a shame it isn't stable and constant here for the large part of the duration of summer.

Can see why people find it unbearable. It's because it rarely happens in a British summer that it is so obscenely hot. It's not something we're used to whereas in the southern European countries (Spain, Portugal, Greece etc) you get a GOOD summer and lengthy periods of prolonged sunshine and nice weather that we crave.

Plus we're British. We only moan because it's something we're good at doing xD

Sunny weather is great but when it's this hot my flat is an absolute oven and even opening all the windows and putting the fan on makes very little difference, it's quite unpleasant. 

This type of weather and heat is great. But only great if you're on holiday or sat outside the pub, not stuck in work.

• Upvote 2

It's been around 32-35 C° here all week, I love it. Makes a cold beer taste even better! :22_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I'm currently in North Yorkshire where it's pissing it down. However, at least I can actually use the hot tub now.

Funny you British call that 'Heatwave' i would have said it 'Not so cold wave'

There's a reason you're all known as whinging poms....

Also, heatwave, that's funny. Seriously though, don't underestimate the sun and protect yourself.

London isn't built for anything over 30° from public transport to the houses...  Infact as you can understand, the houses are built for the total opposite and are very insulated which if done correctly can actually be a benefit in heat.  The issue lies in the bricks overheating and creating a higher rate of temperature seeping in.  Air conditioning units in colder countries are also a lot more expensive than in warmer climate countries which means many people don't invest in something like that which may be used only for 1 week a year at times.

I personally don't feel that much heat at the temperatures we've been having lately and I love it.  Heat is what I've experienced in the hottest city in Europe which is Seville in Spain.  45°+ for most of the summer is terrible and energy sapping.  Another thing is humidity mixed with high temperatures like in Barcelona or the Valencia region for example...  Naples is the same!  That's worse because simple 30° heat can feel like double that and any movement you make means you break into a massive sweat flooding your clothes and feeling extremely sticky.

I won't even go into what it's like to sleep at night!  That's the only thing I dislike about higher temperatures.

Never understood why people always go 'urgh whingers, isn't even warm'! Then walk around in coats if the temperature drops below 20.....

9 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Never understood why people always go 'urgh whingers, isn't even warm'! Then walk around in coats if the temperature drops below 20.....

I am just happy some people are using Celsius. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

I've got to say that I start to wear some kind of jacket if it goes below 20° xD

Obviously not a coat though.

The weathers great but the country isn't built for it. If you go to a hot country there's aircon all over the gaff, on trains and buses.

On Sunday I was on the Central line for about an hour and if you forget a bottle of water you know about it on there, not like the modernised Met line with its aircon and Star Trek style carriages.