• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Will Smith Smacks Chris Rock

football forum

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Think it was more of a slap than a smack. That said it is poor from Will Smith. A Comedian makes jokes at other people's expense.

At first he was laughing along with it then you saw her face and she wasn't amused at all so I expect he felt the need to be seen to be doing something about it... not a fan of hers to be honest

• Subscriber

Going to be an unpopular opinion, but I can understand Will Smith bitch slapping him. A bit mean to make public jokes about someone having an autoimmune disease and struggling with it.

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, nudge said:

Going to be an unpopular opinion, but I can understand Will Smith bitch slapping him. A bit mean to make public jokes about someone having an autoimmune disease and struggling with it.

I agree. Jokes about things people have DONE are fine but a joke about something somebody can't help like alopecia, it's not on. But then at the same time, a joke is a joke and Will shouldn't have reacted as he did.

30 minutes ago, nudge said:

Not really, It's understandable... and I can understand jokes at the expense of people in the industry but making jokes about someone's partner should be a little off limits really.. Thing is Will took it for the light hearted joke it was at first but once his missus gave him the evils he felt he had to do something... 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Not really, It's understandable... and I can understand jokes at the expense of people in the industry but making jokes about someone's partner should be a little off limits really.. Thing is Will he took it for the light hearted joke it was at first but once his missus gave him the evils he felt he had to do something... 

Men doing stupid shit for women... A shocker xD

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

That's what everyone was thinking to start with until he started swearing so apparently not.. 

Ah yeah, I forgot that in America you can show gruesome violence on daytime TV but swearing and nudity is just not on :ph34r:

• Administrator
23 minutes ago, nudge said:

Not unpopular. I agree. @Tommy probably thinks you want to marry Will Smith now though. 

19 minutes ago, nudge said:

I don't think it's an unpopular opinion. I don't think any people in this thread would have found it funny. There's just several better ways he could have handled it.

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Stan said:

Not unpopular. I agree. @Tommy probably thinks you want to marry Will Smith now though. 

9 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I don't think it's an unpopular opinion. I don't think any people in this thread would have found it funny. There's just several better ways he could have handled it.

Good to know. Online reactions seem to be by far less understanding, but that's also not surprising.

And yeah, he surely could have handled it better, but I must admit there's also something satisfying about seeing a loud mouth getting bitch slapped for his words :ph34r:xD

• Administrator
1 hour ago, nudge said:

Good to know. Online reactions seem to be by far less understanding, but that's also not surprising.

And yeah, he surely could have handled it better, but I must admit there's also something satisfying about seeing a loud mouth getting bitch slapped for his words :ph34r:xD

I'd do the same if someone gunned for my wife on a regular basis. A one off joke is probably okay but having read up a bit more, Rock seems to have made jibes about her on more than one occasion...

I see both sides of the coin but to be totally frank, this looks absolutely terrible for Will Smith. You just don't react that way, especially not on a public stage like that.

He could have dealt with that backstage and I think he'd come out with a lot more respect in doing so. 

And also, if this actually did turn out to be staged for whatever sick reason, what an absolute shite, classless way of raising awareness all round.

Archived