talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Darwin Nunez joins Liverpool

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure it's the right kind of signing for United. We're probably only looking at making 1 or 2 signings this summer and we're sort of in a position where the squad is very good that one or two additions is really all we need to stay competitive.

United need 4-5 big signings, sure I think they might need a striker as well... but the market for top strikers is actually quite narrow and as a result you get mental prices like this. Whereas, I think they can midfielders and defenders that are close to top level that can be developed into top players for a much cheaper price. And that'd probably be better for United in the long run as they seek to rebuild.

But they're not quite in a position where they can splash that much cash on one player and expect to see drastic results. Whereas I can see us bedding in Nunez pretty slowly despite him likely to become our record signing because we've still got Diaz - Jota - Salah as a pretty good front 3 on paper.

I wonder how much the way we attack will change if we end up landing Nunez. Cos based on his stats and the little I saw of him against us, Nunez looks more like a traditional striker than any player we've signed to play in our attack since Origi... and if he's going to be a focal point of our attack that's going to be a pretty massive change to how we currently play. Could be just what we need for big games, because in 3 finals I think we played well but we were crying out for that bit of a strikers instinct to break through tough defenses.

But it could also be a risk because our attack has definitely been very successful playing the way we've played for the past few years. Will be interesting to see what happens.

He makes a lot of sense when you think it through.

A few years back he was scheduled on a FIFA to be exactly this type signing for a top club somewhere.

It does make more sense that he would replace Origi's squad place more than Mane. And pushing Firmino further down the queue for game time. The likes of Jota, Diaz & Mane not being used centrally quite so much. If all goes to this apparent plan.

Poor old Harry Kane though. He's left hoping to replace Lukaku at Chelsea at this point.

6 minutes ago, Reluctant Striker said:

He makes a lot of sense when you think it through.

A few years back he was scheduled on a FIFA to be exactly this type signing for a top club somewhere.

It does make more sense that he would replace Origi's squad place more than Mane. And pushing Firmino further down the queue for game time. The likes of Jota, Diaz & Mane not being used centrally quite so much. If all goes to this apparent plan.

Poor old Harry Kane though. He's left hoping to replace Lukaku at Chelsea at this point.

What a waste of an exceptionally great talent.

Will probably go his whole career not winning a thing.

On 09/06/2022 at 01:28, Dr. Gonzo said:

I mean really PSG signing Neymar created the modern day transfer economy, but it had become grotesque far before them.

Neymar is a genuine top talent though so it's normal he smashes the transfer record. We've seen it happen throughout history.

Signings like Coutinho to Barcelona and Lukaku to Man United around that time were bigger changers for me because even just above average players go for exorbitant fees now, rather than just your generational talents.

On 10/06/2022 at 15:18, LFCMadLad said:

What a waste of an exceptionally great talent.

Will probably go his whole career not winning a thing.

I'm sure he will be sad sat in his multi million pound mansion with his 5 rolls Royce's sat outside, the poor bastard :ph34r: 😂

19 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

I'm sure he will be sad sat in his multi million pound mansion with his 5 rolls Royce's sat outside, the poor bastard :ph34r: 😂

Fun fact, most millionaires are sad and lonely.

4 minutes ago, Rab said:

Fun fact, most millionaires are sad and lonely.

So they say, find it hard believe that most are sad though, probably just a small percentage really  ..but if you want to trade your mansion for my house i'm sure we can work something out 😂 

45 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

So they say, find it hard believe that most are sad though, probably just a small percentage really  ..but if you want to trade your mansion for my house i'm sure we can work something out 😂 

Apparently some people the wealthier they are  the more obsessed with money they become. It could be hard for someone from modest roots reconciling with their wealth, because they no longer fit in where they came from and they probably don’t fit in where their money takes them.

1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

Yeah if his ambition is to just get rich then fair enough.

But one of this countries best ever striker going his whole career not winning a single medal is criminal. 

He could have earned double what he earns now and won multiple trophies if he wasn't thick as fuck.

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Yeah if his ambition is to just get rich then fair enough.

But one of this countries best ever striker going his whole career not winning a single medal is criminal. 

He could have earned double what he earns now and won multiple trophies if he wasn't thick as fuck.

Yeah i was just pissing about mate 😂 no doubt he dreamed of winning silverware when he started his career, probably regret signing that long contract and missing the chance to play for us last season, he single handedly destroyed us at the Etihad  

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Five years ago? Not £100m anyway 

Correct, in Euros it is €100m, just like it says in the headline. Nice try though, might have worked if I was hungover.

I'm only messing around in the end, but if Klopp is going to make these exaggerated statements to take some sort of moral high ground then when he goes on to contradict himself, bringing these words back up is fair game. :what:

• Administrator
25 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Five years ago? Not £100m anyway 

'The day this is football, I'm not in a job anymore'

Hence, a reference for a future fee that might be paid. He's getting closer to it...

41 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Correct, in Euros it is €100m, just like it says in the headline. Nice try though, might have worked if I was hungover.

I'm only messing around in the end, but if Klopp is going to make these exaggerated statements to take some sort of moral high ground then when he goes on to contradict himself, bringing these words back up is fair game. :what:

I believe this was pre Neymar to PSG. Again not 100m anyway

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Not close really

I don't know why I'm doing this because I know the real answer already but go on, please explain why a reported €80m with potential add-ons of €20m is "not close really" to €100m.

3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I don't know why I'm doing this because I know the real answer already but go on, please explain why a reported €80m with potential add-ons of €20m is "not close really" to €100m.

Initial fee is £64m. Obviously

• The title was changed to Darwin Nunez joins Liverpool

Archived