• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Arsenal 3-1 Tottenham - Saturday 1st October, 2022
  • Administrator
3 minutes ago, k3n065 said:

Red for Emerson is such a joke. Arguable yellow; red - no way

'arguable yellow'

He's gone in with studs on the back of Martinelli's leg. It's not allowed, simple as that. xD 

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Deserved win. Had to hang on at times but a good performance overall. Granit Xhaka great once again.

Didn't expect him to do so well in the final third. Masterstroke from Arteta to push him up the field and utilise him there.

Who'd have thought all it would take would be Arteta to show the team how to switch on a light bulb and do a few sketches to realise their potential.

Wait till he start's playing Hangman before games, they are going to conquer the World.

Arsenal have done well but I don't think they are close at all to winning the league. They'll make top 4 but I think this talk of league winning brilliance is extremely premature. 

They didn't have to play that well yesterday because we were so bad. They deserved to win, no doubt, but the ten minutes in which we showed up before the red card, they looked panic stricken.

I think we almost needed to lose that because Conte needs to be asked serious questions about where we're going - if we finish behind them this season, it will be embarrassing that the serial winner has been outdone by the rookie. 

He is so inflexible and obsessed with his favored wing-back formation that we are constantly being completely overrun and dominated in midfield - all teams have to do is play a three in there against us and when they're a reasonably good side, we struggle hugely. We've been lucky so far in the sense that we've ground out results and got a couple of lucky ones but it finally ran out yesterday, he has absolutely refused to learn. Particularly in the big games, we need three in there and if he has to leave out Richarlison or Kulusevski and use them as impact subs for a game or two, so be it.

What's even more insulting is that he's doing this to fuel his rampaging wing-backs obsession which he is utterly fixated on and he doesn't even use the correct player on the right. Emerson Royal is one of the worst attacking full-backs you will ever see and he cannot play wing back, he's basically a defender who looks panic stricken whenever he gets over the halfway line. We've got two players who do play the rampaging attacking wing-back position exactly the way Conte wants it played in Matt Doherty and Djed Spence who haven't been able to get a look in because he's obsessed with Royal so he's not even using the formation he's crippling the team with properly. 

If he's going to play this way, for God's sake, play the right players. He can even stick Kulusevski there if he wanted.

Losing the game and Royal's red card could be a blessing in disguise if it gives the manager a royal kick up the backside and puts Royal out of the team for a period.

I still have faith in him, he's obviously a top manager but he needs to sort this.

• Administrator

Has anyone actually said Arsenal could win the league?

They've improved massively even since last season and have hit the ground running. But Man City are still serious levels above them. 

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Imagine if Arsenal went on to win it this season? That would have certainly been unexpected at the start of the season.

Along way to go but they don't look like a slowing down as it stands.

This month could be quite telling with a) the amount of games and b) the opposition they face.

They've got past the first test yesterday, with ease you could say so it's promising.

Then 8 games within 24 days (6-30th Oct)

Bodo/Glimt (H)
Liverpool (H)
Bodo/Glimt (A)
Leeds (A)
PSV (H)
Southampton (A)
PSV (A)
Forest (H)

Liverpool, despite their form, still probably the most difficult game. But this is where squad depth is tested. Beyond the first XI and perhaps a couple of others, is it strong enough?

Man City can't be touched given their depth. No team comes close but even finishing 2nd is far more likely and very respectable.

26 minutes ago, Stan said:

This month could be quite telling with a) the amount of games and b) the opposition they face.

They've got past the first test yesterday, with ease you could say so it's promising.

Then 8 games within 24 days (6-30th Oct)

Bodo/Glimt (H)
Liverpool (H)
Bodo/Glimt (A)
Leeds (A)
PSV (H)
Southampton (A)
PSV (A)
Forest (H)

Liverpool, despite their form, still probably the most difficult game. But this is where squad depth is tested. Beyond the first XI and perhaps a couple of others, is it strong enough?

Man City can't be touched given their depth. No team comes close but even finishing 2nd is far more likely and very respectable.

Yeah it'll be a big ask. They only real advantage they have is not having to play in the Champions league but then that isn't going to have an impact on City anyway.

City will likely walk it this year, but it would be great if they faltered somehow and Arsenal took advantage.

If it wasn't for Haaland and Man City then maybe you could say we could challenge but at the moment Man City look certain to win the league. Chelsea, Liverpool, and Man Utd under delivering has meant that we're the only other team being talked about but top 4 is still the realistic goal for us.

On 01/10/2022 at 14:03, N U F C said:

It was a stonewall pen.

Arsenal been decent again, if they beat Liverpool next week it’s probably time to take them seriously as title contenders.

I'd love to agree but I dont think it's true. The aim this season was to get champions league. I still think spurs will finish second. Liverpool dont look great and I dont fancy them to go on a great run. However they still have quality. For the first time in a long time we probably go in as favourites against them but like I said they still have quality and are capable of having very good games. I just dont fancy them to do it consistently.  So I do fancy us to get champions league. I think it will be spurs, arsenal and man utd who get in along with man city of course. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived