talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

UK Politics & Brexit Discussion

football forum

On 24/10/2022 at 13:58, Waylander said:

He did say it during the campaign, he said Boris had it wrong with his Leave Bus EU cost, he said Boris had not allowed for the rebate meaning it was £9bn.

I recall Andrew Neil's politics show agreeing Farage was right so why didn't Boris change the slogan on his Leave bus?

I remember him saying it the day after on ITV. Unless you have evidence otherwise I have no reason to think he said it during the campaign. Even if he did he has told plenty of other lies

4 hours ago, Gunnersaurus said:

I remember him saying it the day after on ITV. Unless you have evidence otherwise I have no reason to think he said it during the campaign. Even if he did he has told plenty of other lies

The only thing I can remember Farage being criticised for was scaremongering over the EU enlarging to include Turkey claiming we would get huge immigration from Turkey.

On this point of Turkey both Switzerland Austria were unhappy about this too.

I can't remember lies from Farage although do agree outside of UKIP he was very unpopular. 

37 minutes ago, Waylander said:

The only thing I can remember Farage being criticised for was scaremongering over the EU enlarging to include Turkey claiming we would get huge immigration from Turkey.

I can't remember lies from Farage although do agree outside of UKIP he was very unpopular. 

https://www.indy100.com/news/nigel-farage-brexit-party-eu-elections-twitter-thread-8904601

28 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

"We need to brexit so we don't fill up with Syrians"

"Can the EU force us to take any?"

"shuddup"

We could have actually kept immigration down more even in the EU but we didn't. It was something about being able to deport people from eu countries if they don't get work with a certain time period but we didn't. And that was under a conservative government 

1 hour ago, Waylander said:

You didn't actually answer my point though was that where did he correct johnsons claim about EU costs? Like I said he said it after the referendum not before as far as I'm aware. He scaremongered all the time about immigration not just from Turkey. I'm pretty certain I could get more lies but cant be bothered 

• Subscriber

20221025_230234.jpg

Behold the Education Secretary merry go round. We've had five in just over a year since Gavin Williamson and you can search his name up earlier in this thread if you want an insight into his track record as the last one who lasted a year.

The ministries of health, education, environment, etc., reduced to bargaining chips by each leader of the Conservative party since (at least) Johnson to secure their own job security with any thought of these key policy areas being managed properly treated as secondary at best.

Rory Stewart, who I disagree with politically but is an honest broker of opinion and a reasonable critical thinker, rates Gillian Keegan highly so maybe we'll see something a bit better from her. The last three I genuinely couldn't even have named as education ministers after Zahawi.

• Subscriber

Disappointing first PMQs performance from Sunak who started off by saying he looks forward to having robust but serious exchanges at the despatch box before proceeding to play a Boris Johnson tribute act, answering questions about Suella Braverman's reappointment to the home office less than a week after she resigned for breaking the ministerial code and fiscal policy with jibes about Brexit, Corbyn, North London lawyers and made up numbers of new police on the streets. Cue the usual Daily Mail and Spectator columnists dutifully lining up to claim he "wiped the floor" with Starmer on Twitter.

One positive, at least he appeared to commit to keeping the ban on fracking which Truss was trying to repeal.

a politician with vested interest in mederna and world economic forum, a non domicile tax exempted billionaire wife is now running the show.

forgive me for my concerns about the United States and UK being able to dictate policy for everyone when they can barely function unlike states with brain damage on life support.  The west is as corrupt as the commies we are supposed to be against.   sad times we live in.

On 25/10/2022 at 23:05, Gunnersaurus said:

You didn't actually answer my point though was that where did he correct johnsons claim about EU costs? Like I said he said it after the referendum not before as far as I'm aware. He scaremongered all the time about immigration not just from Turkey. I'm pretty certain I could get more lies but cant be bothered 

The links go for instead the £350m a week which is over £12bn annually

https://www.businessinsider.com/boris-johnson-says-his-350-million-a-week-brexit-claim-was-an-underestimate-2018-1?r=US&IR=T

Here is another and none mention Farage it is just Bojo.

https://www.politicshome.com/news/article/boris-johnson-leave-campaigns-350m-a-week-claim-was-gross-underestimate

Lastly the beacon for left leaning voters

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jan/15/leave-campaigns-350m-claim-was-too-low-says-boris-johnson

1 hour ago, Waylander said:

I never said farage said it. I said he never corrected Johnson.

Someone seriously needs a good kicking.... what a bunch of wasteful fucktards... 

£27M of taxpayers money being wasted on useless projects.. 

One of the projects which received funding from UKRI is titled Decolonising the Sloane Herbarium and will involve researchers from Queen Mary University of London analysing the relationship between a collection of 120,000 dried plants and British imperialism.

Another piece of work led by Greenwich University promises to explore “cultural diversity in experimental sound”, with researchers explaining that “noise is overwhelmingly dominated by white affluent male practitioners”.

Nottingham Trent University successfully applied for a grant to research how castles around the UK could increase the representation of gender and LGBTQI+ people in their history exhibition, although it acknowledges the difficulties of exploring this area during the medieval period.

£27m of taxpayer money ‘wasted’ on woke projects such as ‘decolonising 120,000 dried plants’ (msn.com)

18 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Someone seriously needs a good kicking.... what a bunch of wasteful fucktards... 

£27M of taxpayers money being wasted on useless projects.. 

One of the projects which received funding from UKRI is titled Decolonising the Sloane Herbarium and will involve researchers from Queen Mary University of London analysing the relationship between a collection of 120,000 dried plants and British imperialism.

Another piece of work led by Greenwich University promises to explore “cultural diversity in experimental sound”, with researchers explaining that “noise is overwhelmingly dominated by white affluent male practitioners”.

Nottingham Trent University successfully applied for a grant to research how castles around the UK could increase the representation of gender and LGBTQI+ people in their history exhibition, although it acknowledges the difficulties of exploring this area during the medieval period.

£27m of taxpayer money ‘wasted’ on woke projects such as ‘decolonising 120,000 dried plants’ (msn.com)

£27M is virtually nothing in the scheme of a country's budget. It's like you betting two pound on a footy match. They run stories like this one to get you worked up about it and to distract from actual issues and legislation. If my quick maths are right it is 0.0037% of the federal budget.

Edited by Spike
  • Upvote 2