talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Harry Kane joins Bayern Munich

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Man it was always going to be around this mark. If this truly is what it takes to get it done either piss or get off the pot time.

Correct. It’s what I said all along. They will have known that too. Levy won’t be bullied on this one. If they want him that badly then they will need to just pay the fee. 5 days to go and then I think it’s all over one way or another 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Danny said:

Bayern may as well chuck a bag of chocolate coins in at this rate

I always had that feeling that Kane would leave and then Spurs would come up trumps and win something, looks like Spurs won't win nowt this season if he stays. O.o

• Haha 1

I see this as Daniel Levy's pride getting in the way,  and Spurs are prepared to walk away from a good return so that Levy can sit on his throne and declare that he was able to resist the clutches of the elites.   Come January Kane can sign with anyone and I think Spurs are well down the pecking order.   

The 100m should have been invested in the rebuild,  but Levy seems to be clutching at the last hope of any legacy they have as the golden generation finally ends.    Selling him to Bayern is probably the smartest thing they could do as I feel he will sign with either Chelsea or Man United which will haunt spurs at least twice a season.    Spurs are unlikely to play Bayern Munich anytime soon. 

3 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

I see this as Daniel Levy's pride getting in the way,  and Spurs are prepared to walk away from a good return so that Levy can sit on his throne and declare that he was able to resist the clutches of the elites.   Come January Kane can sign with anyone and I think Spurs are well down the pecking order.   

The 100m should have been invested in the rebuild,  but Levy seems to be clutching at the last hope of any legacy they have as the golden generation finally ends.    Selling him to Bayern is probably the smartest thing they could do as I feel he will sign with either Chelsea or Man United which will haunt spurs at least twice a season.    Spurs are unlikely to play Bayern Munich anytime soon. 

He's vital to Spurs, i don't blame Levy for not selling

• Like 1

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Viva la FCB said:

I'm stoked, but maybe not full on yet because of the article. If he doesn't accept wouldn't this just be fucking hilarious.

Who knows. I think he agrees to go. A lot of our fans (maybe delusional) think he will stay at this point. I just want a decision I can’t take any more of this 

• Like 1

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Storts said:

Who knows. I think he agrees to go. A lot of our fans (maybe delusional) think he will stay at this point. I just want a decision I can’t take any more of this 

Agreed man, for all our sakes this saga just needs to end.

• Haha 1

I'm going to hold my hands up and say I didn't see Kane going all Summer. So firstly, fair play to Bayern for never leaving the deal, they obviously had enough indication to keep them interested. I was wrong.

He still might not of course, he holds all the cards now after all and could wait a year and have his pick. I guess it depends on his personal relationship with Levy.

Does he help bring money into Spurs to strengthen by going? Or does he stay and want his pick of teams next Summer? I don't know how much of a bearing the failed move to Man City haunts him.

I always always felt Kane was destined for Man Utd. It just felt like a transfer coming a mile off and if he left it a season, I'd probably put money on that one happening but it's all on how fussed he is over this domestic record over maybe a couple Bundesliga titles and a German cup.

Edited by Lucas

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Whiskey said:

I think Kane goes to Bayern then returns to a big English club in 18 months. Still wouldn't rule out a City move to rotate with Alvarez when Haaland goes.

The word is a contract until 2028, I wouldn't imagine we shell out this kind of money for a short term fix. Things can always change of course though.

Either way it does seem likely he goes back to finish his career I figure.

I think that Spurs have done the right thing in selling him now for 100 million Euros, avoiding the risk of losing him for nothing at the end of the season. Of course, the ideal scenario for Spurs was for Harry Kane to sign a new contract with them. But Kane clearly didn't agree to that. As it stands, Bayern get the world class striker they were looking for, who will guarantee them goals.

Kane will undoubtedly be the new Lewandowski at Bayern. While Spurs will net a hell of a lot of money from the transfer. However, from a sporting perspective, I feel sorry to say this, but Spurs are clearly going to struggle in the league this season. With Kane gone, where are the goals going to come from? The best that Spurs can expect for next season, is to finish somewhere in mid-table. 

• The title was changed to Harry Kane joins Bayern Munich