talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

How many hours of sleep do you usually get per night?

football forum

How many hours of sleep do you usually get per night?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. How many hours do you sleep?

• 10+

• Subscriber

This has been posted before way back 4 hours does me, then I normally doze off and on, now that I am retired I will also cat nap during the day on the sofa.

This 4 hours sleep pattern goes back to my army days during tours of duty in Northern Island, the majority of the 5-month tours consisted of working (patrols, mobile/static, guard duties) of 4 hours on and then 4 hours off on a 24-hour shift, it became ingrained in your body as a natural thing even today.

When I was working it was a pain in the arse, go to sleep then woke up 4 hours later, and then it would take me a good hour to get back to sleep.

• Subscriber

Generally 8-9 hours for me depending on what I'm up to on the evenings. Sometimes I can be gaming with friends late on but I still try and get 8 hours if I can. I can sleep anywhere and everywhere.

17 hours ago, Devil said:

7 hours most nights.

But that depends on how stressed I am in work, if we start a big project I've been known to get less than 4 hours.

What is it you do mate? Are you a contracts manager or something?

I'm doing a demo job at the hospital at the moment. I was going to get into site management a while back, but fuck that. I've seen fellas literally lose all their hair doing that job. I don't even like supervising. 

The stress, for me, isn't worth it.

19 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

What is it you do mate? Are you a contracts manager or something?

I'm doing a demo job at the hospital at the moment. I was going to get into site management a while back, but fuck that. I've seen fellas literally lose all their hair doing that job. I don't even like supervising. 

The stress, for me, isn't worth it.

Project management, similar to the contracts role but more office based. The contracts managers at our place basically live on the road as we will literally take on work anywhere.

It's mentally draining to be fair, if I could get out I would but I could never find a job that would pay me as well. 

7-8 for me.  Get up at 5AM and I'm not a morning person so I really need to get to bed by 9 as it takes me an hour or so to fall asleep.  I could function on 6 hours a night and have done before but I'm grouchy.  I could sleep 12 hours on the weekends if I had time.

• Subscriber

6-7 hours on average. Any less isn’t healthy and I feel tired during the day. I don’t understand those people who say they only sleep 4 hours to get more done… bla bla I’m massive and go to the gym type of people. xD

On 14/04/2023 at 15:04, JoshBRFC said:

6-7 hours on average. Any less isn’t healthy and I feel tired during the day. I don’t understand those people who say they only sleep 4 hours to get more done… bla bla I’m massive and go to the gym type of people. xD

I know a woman who gets up at like 5am to do a workout before she goes to work. Granted, she's a bodybuilder or some shit, but it still sounds mental to me. 

19 hours ago, Tommy said:

I know a woman who gets up at like 5am to do a workout before she goes to work. Granted, she's a bodybuilder or some shit, but it still sounds mental to me. 

Working out before I shower and go to work wakes me up for the rest of the day tbh. But I only do cardio so I'm not getting big and strong, I'm just keeping fat off me the best I can & trying to give myself energy to get through the week.