talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

PL Gameweek 35 Fixtures - 6-8th May, 2023

12 hours ago, Danny said:

Fuck me 100 goals at Anfield is a poor excuse to spend half the studio time talking about Salah.

Didn't see any of it but he is incredible. Now joint 5th all time top scorer at the club as well. He can probably end up second if he stays a few more years

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think if you re-ran this first half you'd come out with 10 different scorelines. On another day we could be going in at half time infront or behind more.

The goal is the result of Longstaff being out. Our midfield does not defend properly without him.

We need to keep our composure. Too many scuffles going on. 

I wonder what Martin Keown thinks about all the dark arts coming from Arsenal. Does make me laugh. People like him have been mouthing off all season about our 'dark arts' and doing us down. Now his precious Arsenal have stooped to that level, even as early as 5 minutes in they were time wasting, what's his view? In my opinion we only get called out for our gamesmanship over others because the big boys have yet to mentally process that we can be challenging now. Once they process that they'll be less frustrated about it all. 

My prediction is this game will end either 3-0 to Arsenal or 2-1 to us.

West Ham XI: Fabianski, Cresswell, Aguerd, Kehrer, Ogbonna, Soucek, Rice, Benrahma, Paqueta, Bowen, Antonio.

Subs: Areola, Anang, Johnson, Fornals, Lanzini, Downes, Cornet, Ings, Emerson.

Manchester United make three changes from the defeat at Brighton with Tyrell Malacia, Christian Eriksen and Wout Weghorst coming in for Anthony Martial, Fred and Diogo Dalot. Alejandro Garnacho is also fit to return to the bench after an ankle problem.

Man Utd XI: De Gea, Malacia, Shaw, Lindelof, Wan-Bissaka, Casemiro, Eriksen, Antony, Fernandes, Rashford, Weghorst.

Subs: Butland, Maguire, Martial, Sabitzer, Fred, Dalot, Sancho, Willians, Garnacho

2 minutes ago, Honey Honey said:

Fine margins went Arsenal's way.

We need a holding midfielder. Can't defend when Longstaff is out.

Thought Botman and Bruno had off days. Botman a little out of form lately.

A DM is priority in the Summer and build from there.   

14 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

Getting results like this after those 6 points dropped in those 3 matches we should've won is going to make it even more painful when we narrowly miss out on the title. 

Yeah I thought that after the game. Even if you'd beat West Ham and Saints and just got the point at Anfield (I thought you were lucky to hang on at the end to that), you'd still be 3pts clear with City a game in hand.

Shame but at least you've shown good character after that dismal City defeat. The fact you haven't fell away and are showing fight incase you get another chance shows you got a bit more about you now.

For the most the game was pretty evenly contested but Arsenal have more game changers that were able to make a few big moments count.   We can still get a lot better and that will come with better players over time. 

De Gea - Sell
AWB - Another season
Dalot - Sell
Martinez - Stay
Lindelof - squad player
Varane - Stay
Shaw - Stay
Maguire - Sell
Casemiro - On thin Ice
Eriksen - Squad Player
Bruno - Talisman but knackered
Fidget Spinner - Sell
Sancho - I’ll drive him to an airport
Sabitzer - Squad Player
Garnacho - Must Stay 
Rashford - Too inconsistent 
Martial - Go fuck yourself
Weghorst - Wouldn’t score in my Thursday league game.

Man Utd - 63pts

H v. Wolves (13/03)

A v. Bournemouth (20/03)

H v. Chelsea (25/03)

H v. Fulham (28/03)

Liverpool - 62pts

A v. Leicester (15/03)

H v. Aston Villa (20/03)

A v. Southampton (28/03)

Man Utd need to drop points in at least 2 games with Liverpool winning their remaining 3 games.

20 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

De Gea - Sell
AWB - Another season
Dalot - Sell
Martinez - Stay
Lindelof - squad player
Varane - Stay
Shaw - Stay
Maguire - Sell
Casemiro - On thin Ice
Eriksen - Squad Player
Bruno - Talisman but knackered
Fidget Spinner - Sell
Sancho - I’ll drive him to an airport
Sabitzer - Squad Player
Garnacho - Must Stay 
Rashford - Too inconsistent 
Martial - Go fuck yourself
Weghorst - Wouldn’t score in my Thursday league game.

Martial, De Gea, Maguire, Sancho, Fred 

Cash your chips on them. 

On thin ice.

Anthony and Dalot.

2 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Man Utd - 63pts

H v. Wolves (13/03)

A v. Bournemouth (20/03)

H v. Chelsea (25/03)

H v. Fulham (28/03)

Liverpool - 62pts

A v. Leicester (15/03)

H v. Aston Villa (20/03)

A v. Southampton (28/03)

Man Utd need to drop points in at least 2 games with Liverpool winning their remaining 3 games.

I think we may scrape in due to the fact we're playing at home. Liverpool will look at Chelsea winning as a sign they may find some form and also Fulham who are hard to beat.

2 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Man Utd - 63pts

H v. Wolves (13/03)

A v. Bournemouth (20/03)

H v. Chelsea (25/03)

H v. Fulham (28/03)

Liverpool - 62pts

A v. Leicester (15/03)

H v. Aston Villa (20/03)

A v. Southampton (28/03)

Mate.. ifbwe make top four it will be the biggest piss take ever lol

Realistically, we’re hoping Chelsea can put in a half decent performance for once and steal a win. Wolves have been an awkward one for Utd the last few years so maybe they get a draw or maybe Fulham try and get some revenge from the fa cup. Clutching at straws a bit I know. 

Newcastle still have Brighton, Chelsea, Leicester and Leeds to play. If you ask me if they win all four I say no. Leeds and Leicester fighting for their lives, Brighton going for Europe….who knows. 

Brighton have a lot of games to play, but some of them are hard on paper. Brighton can beat anybody in this league though, so I would be lying if I said I wasn’t very worried about them. 

Then you have us. The run we are on would suggest we beat all three. But again, two of them are fighting to stay up and the other is Villa. Being at home to Villa gives me confidence, especially after their wobble in the last couple of games. Really need to put Leicester away Monday. Then I will have a bit of confidence going into the last two. 

The ideal scenario would be both us and Brighton getting 3rd & 4th. I think I would die of laughter. At the very least, it’s going to be an interesting run in. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived