talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Champions League FINAL - Man City 1-0 Inter Milan - Saturday 10th June, 2023

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Man City have broken man united and liverpool fans.

- Fake 

- Plastic

- Tarnished

- Fixed

- not real

- hollow feeling

Pretty much loser mentality,  It is about growing a franchise, City are proof that running a club properly is the root to success and sustainable success and now they are building a dynasty. 

It is like saying that Lewis Hamilton's achievements are worth nothing because he was taken care off by Ron Dennis and McLaren from a young age and had a silver spoon in his mouth,  when compared to Schumacher and Alonso who had to do it the hard way.  Is it cheaper,  no it isn't.   People just hate/envy those that are successful, it is human nature. 

Lewis Hamilton did not have a silver spoon in his mouth. His dad worked multiple contractor jobs and wasn't poor at all, but he also wasn't a millionaire or anything. I'd say lower middle class at best. 

24 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I've read a lot of comments on social media since City's win and I find it amusing when I see United fans claiming they did it the honourable way and City have just bought it etc.

Hang on a minute. This from a club that used to hold such a grip over the officials in this league and Fergie knew it, the cheek of it xD

He actively encouraged his team to always surround the ref and intimidate him when it came to decision making and knew the ref wouldn't want to face him in the tunnel. 

It used to wind me up something chronic how many penalties didn't get awarded at Old Trafford, or how many times the officials played on till they bagged that last minute winner.

I bet if United were drawing and Fergie was managing them now in today's climate, they'd probably get 22mins injury time to score! xD

I just think sometimes as much as it hurts, you got to say 'Fair play, they deserve it' and acknowledge the greatness of a team.

I’m sure Leeds United fans were falling over themselves back in ‘99 to say “Fair play, they deserve it”.

1 hour ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Man City have broken man united and liverpool fans.

- Fake 

- Plastic

- Tarnished

- Fixed

- not real

- hollow feeling

Pretty much loser mentality,  It is about growing a franchise, City are proof that running a club properly is the root to success and sustainable success and now they are building a dynasty. 

It is like saying that Lewis Hamilton's achievements are worth nothing because he was taken care off by Ron Dennis and McLaren from a young age and had a silver spoon in his mouth,  when compared to Schumacher and Alonso who had to do it the hard way.  Is it cheaper,  no it isn't.   People just hate/envy those that are successful, it is human nature. 

Get used to it mate, when you start winning stuff you will get the same bitterness towards your club too. it's how they cope with not being relevant anymore :ph34r: 

8 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

I’m sure Leeds United fans were falling over themselves back in ‘99 to say “Fair play, they deserve it”.

Of course a lot weren't. Was I happy to see you win it? Absolutely not. Pretty gutted actually xD

But I can't speak on behalf of others, only myself. I have the respect to acknowledge greatness when it happens. You've got to hold you hands up and I'd tell that to any staunch Leeds fan. Maybe its different because I'm not born and bred from Yorkshire but you have to respect when teams achieve greatness.

I mean, you dominated pretty much two decades of Football and ruined it for me growing up, you were hated because you won so much, but always respected you because of how great a team you were.

I just think you got to give them their dues, it's not everyday you win a Treble to be fair, takes a lot of luck along the way as you know.

Lets have it right if they'd beat Southampton in the League cup we'd be sat discussing a Quadrupal.

That's how stupid this situation currently is, we won the League Cup and it was like gathering the scraps that fell off their plate.

They are so dominant across all competitions its not inconceivable that they could win everything on offer to them in one season next year.

7 pieces of available silverware if you include the Community shield.

I'm that convinced they could do it I might even put a bet on it. They will improve the squad again this summer with a few more world class players.

10 minutes ago, Devil said:

Lets have it right if they'd beat Southampton in the League cup we'd be sat discussing a Quadrupal.

That's how stupid this situation currently is, we won the League Cup and it was like gathering the scraps that fell off their plate.

They are so dominant across all competitions its not inconceivable that they could win everything on offer to them in one season next year.

7 pieces of available silverware if you include the Community shield.

I'm that convinced they could do it I might even put a bet on it. They will improve the squad again this summer with a few more world class players.

Do you think you'll always regret not getting that Haaland deal over the line a few years ago when you nearly signed him and he ended up joining Dortmund?

I know there was a few clauses United didn't want going in the contract or whatever but can't help but feel you dropped the ball there.

Just now, Lucas said:

Do you think you'll always regret not getting that Haaland deal over the line a few years ago when you nearly signed him and he ended up joining Dortmund?

I know there was a few clauses United didn't want going in the contract or whatever but can't help but feel you dropped the ball there.

Obviously there has to be regret but you could say that about any top player we've been linked with. I wouldn't have been happy having that clause, we're not Dortmund, we can't be seen as losing a player like that.

I get why he's at City, its a short career and a player should want to win trophies. He's at the best place for that at the minute.

10 minutes ago, Devil said:

Obviously there has to be regret but you could say that about any top player we've been linked with. I wouldn't have been happy having that clause, we're not Dortmund, we can't be seen as losing a player like that.

I get why he's at City, its a short career and a player should want to win trophies. He's at the best place for that at the minute.

Guardiola being the coach is also a huge attraction for players. 

21 minutes ago, Spike said:

Guardiola being the coach is also a huge attraction for players. 

Yeah, that's huge.

But that was part of the master plan wasn't it, get the Barca backroom men, get the best coach in world football.

20 minutes ago, Devil said:

Yeah, that's huge.

But that was part of the master plan wasn't it, get the Barca backroom men, get the best coach in world football.

It’s tough to admit because they do have the deepest pockets in the world but they are incredibly well run. They’ve approached everything with a long term goal in mind, and they’ve reached it. It just isn’t the same at other clubs, PSG and Chelsea are shit shows, Liverpool, United, and Arsenal have weird owners, Barcelona is a democracy of corruption, as is Real Madrid. The Italian teams survive on free transfers and bargains. Bayern is probably the next best run team and they can go a little overkill compared to the rest of the Buli.

1 hour ago, Devil said:

Yeah, that's huge.

And how did they find this plan? Oh they cheated. Cheating is still cheating, you can argue the various points about the rules but if you’re playing a game and you accept the rules and then break them it’s cheating. 

They are well run they cheated funnelled money in and got smart people to steer it.

43 minutes ago, Spike said:

It’s tough to admit because they do have the deepest pockets in the world but they are incredibly well run. They’ve approached everything with a long term goal in mind, and they’ve reached it. It just isn’t the same at other clubs, PSG and Chelsea are shit shows, Liverpool, United, and Arsenal have weird owners, Barcelona is a democracy of corruption, as is Real Madrid. The Italian teams survive on free transfers and bargains. Bayern is probably the next best run team and they can go a little overkill compared to the rest of the Buli.

Honestly mate if it wasn't for the fact they look like they've cheated you'd say they are arguably the best run sporting side in world sport.

From top to bottom they've done everything insanely well. Even blagging people they are regenerating an area of Manchester when in reality they are just improving their training and stadium facilities. Beyond the massive space ship looking complex it's still a shit hole alongside it.

Everything to make them look better has been done. 

I have to admit though, I've been to that stadium a fair few times and the last few visits (for concerts) the facilties are just incredible. I love the little fans village, the bars and food stalls are brilliant.

1 hour ago, Devil said:

Honestly mate if it wasn't for the fact they look like they've cheated you'd say they are arguably the best run sporting side in world sport.

From top to bottom they've done everything insanely well. Even blagging people they are regenerating an area of Manchester when in reality they are just improving their training and stadium facilities. Beyond the massive space ship looking complex it's still a shit hole alongside it.

I have to admit though, I've been to that stadium a fair few times and the last few visits (for concerts) the facilties are just incredible. I love the little fans village, the bars and food stalls are brilliant.

It’s a tough one. Personally I’d like more transparency on club finances, mainly on player contracts and acquisitions, how much isn’t reported on? What is reported is usually whispers from people in the know rather than actual statements from clubs and the FA. I would assume that the majority of wealthy clubs are very dodgy when it comes to finances, maybe not the extreme of the rumoured actions of ManCity but as Juventus and Barcelona just recently proved, clubs are more than willing to break the rules.

Honestly maybe even just a hard limit on how much can be spent on transfers and salary, rather than a relative limit. Maybe teams should be capped at £150,000,000 per season for transfers, and £200,000,000 on player salary.  They never would impose a limit like that though.

59 minutes ago, Devil said:

The Development is more about funnelling money into development companies which their board members and various staff sit on the board of these new “development companies” and get directors salaries paid to them from those companies as well as their salary from City.

I’ve called them the Cali cartel several times it’s genuinely what they are like, they’re a web of companies and vested interests here and there, legally that’s technically allowed, as you can be a director of a multiple companies so they can do it.

Here’s an example say Brighton and Southampton want the same DOF they offer the same package as a basic salary within the confines of FFP however Brighton get the DOF but also the parent company who own Brighton set up several other companies and that DOF is given shares in that company and then the parent company that owns Brighton pump money through that company and the DOF gets his basic salary from Brighton and then his discretionary dividends from these other companies. 

how is that fair? Technically legal within the law of the land but you’re circumventing FFP.  

the charges are where the PL believes they can make it stick, or to be seen to be doing something about it, if you follow Rugby which has a wage cap, Saracens did similar with buy too let property’s for players as sweeteners to get around the wage cap. 
Haaland is a million a week in this fashion, I was told that by someone I know in the game, they’re absolutely despised at board level in European football across the board.

It’s changed the game and will continue to change it for the worse for the next 20-30 years.
Hence we have Saudis at Newcastle, venture capitalist Yanks wanting to buy in, even Hollywood actors at non league level, and Qatar after United. 

2 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

The Development is more about funnelling money into development companies which their board members and various staff sit on the board of these new “development companies” and get directors salaries paid to them from those companies as well as their salary from City.

I’ve called them the Cali cartel several times it’s genuinely what they are like, they’re a web of companies and vested interests here and there, legally that’s technically allowed, as you can be a director of a multiple companies so they can do it.

Here’s an example say Brighton and Southampton want the same DOF they offer the same package as a basic salary within the confines of FFP however Brighton get the DOF but also the parent company who own Brighton set up several other companies and that DOF is given shares in that company and then the parent company that owns Brighton pump money through that company and the DOF gets his basic salary from Brighton and then his discretionary dividends from these other companies. 

how is that fair? Technically legal within the law of the land but you’re circumventing FFP.  

the charges are where the PL believes they can make it stick, or to be seen to be doing something about it, if you follow Rugby which has a wage cap, Saracens did similar with buy too let property’s for players as sweeteners to get around the wage cap. 
Haaland is a million a week in this fashion, I was told that by someone I know in the game, they’re absolutely despised at board level in European football across the board.

It’s changed the game and will continue to change it for the worse for the next 20-30 years.
Hence we have Saudis at Newcastle, venture capitalist Yanks wanting to buy in, even Hollywood actors at non league level, and Qatar after United. 

Great post!

23 minutes ago, Spike said:

It’s a tough one. Personally I’d like more transparency on club finances, mainly on player contracts and acquisitions, how much isn’t reported on? What is reported is usually whispers from people in the know rather than actual statements from clubs and the FA. I would assume that the majority of wealthy clubs are very dodgy when it comes to finances, maybe not the extreme of the rumoured actions of ManCity but as Juventus and Barcelona just recently proved, clubs are more than willing to break the rules.

Honestly maybe even just a hard limit on how much can be spent on transfers and salary, rather than a relative limit. Maybe teams should be capped at £150,000,000 per season for transfers, and £200,000,000 on player salary.  They never would impose a limit like that though.

Yes, transfer & salary caps would resolve so much. But, because the same would not necessarily happen in Spain, Italy, Germany, wherever, there would be resistance to it. Probably from a majority of the Premier League clubs. I am not sure there is anything preventing a vote being called for, by any large enough collection of clubs. I think we all know they are all more likely to want & vote for Euro Super League v2. Or the ESL as it would be globally marketed as. This whole topic we're discussing, the owners of most clubs want to make it bigger & bigger & bigger. Because they are big business people & that's how supermarkets put local bakers & butchers out of business & so on.

27 minutes ago, Reluctant Striker said:

Yes, transfer & salary caps would resolve so much. But, because the same would not necessarily happen in Spain, Italy, Germany, wherever, there would be resistance to it. Probably from a majority of the Premier League clubs. I am not sure there is anything preventing a vote being called for, by any large enough collection of clubs. I think we all know they are all more likely to want & vote for Euro Super League v2. Or the ESL as it would be globally marketed as. This whole topic we're discussing, the owners of most clubs want to make it bigger & bigger & bigger. Because they are big business people & that's how supermarkets put local bakers & butchers out of business & so on.

We’re not immune, V sports play the game too now, these “collaborative” clubs we own 49% of are basically a way to circumnavigate FFP and make money from player trading, we will hoover up young talent produce footballers and sell them for profit. The ZED FC purchase is to go after the Egyptian market, Victoria is Portugal we’re very in bed with Mendes 

10 hours ago, Devil said:

Since the best night of your life?

Driving to work and Talk Sport were saying the same - Manchester City are now far bigger and better than Manchester United, since the signing of Robinho the tide changed.

3 hours ago, Whiskey said:

Driving to work and Talk Sport were saying the same - Manchester City are now far bigger and better than Manchester United, since the signing of Robinho the tide changed.

Sound, thanks for keeping me in the loop. 

4 hours ago, Whiskey said:

Better, yes. Bigger, not a fucking chance. I know you’re fishing, but be more creative. 

Archived