talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 5 - 16-18th September, 2023

football forum

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Inverted said:

4 minutes is short even in a normal game this season. Giving it when there's been this amount of explicit time wasting is incredibly suspicious. 

Ridiculously inconsistent from referees. If it was a draw I doubt it'd have been so little time.

Plenty of Arsenal time-wasting and seven subs.

The subs alone would be about 3 and a half minutes.

• Administrator
Just now, The Palace Fan said:

They did this boundary pushing against us. Refs need to remain strong. If one team gets away with it the whole new system collapses. 

This is the annoying thing. Lack of consistency. They were alert to it early on in the season like you say. Now the standards slip and teams take advantage.

This is what makes a mockery of the rules when they fail to apply them and shows that rather having a blanket rule that everyone needs to abide by each ref or set of officials including the VAR teams play it by ear and apply the rules as they see fit on the day.. I had my head in a bucket of Domestos today because after 25 minutes of watching our game it seemed the right thing to do, but on two occasions when I came up for air I saw both Chelsea and Bournemouth players wasting time by holding on to the ball or throwing it away after being given throw in's or a free kick and both should have been yellows for time wasting but neither got anything... 

Lovely finish from Trossard. Still can't believe we were about to sign Mudryk instead. Still not sure how the Martinelli goal was offside but thankfully it didn't cost us.

Everton barely did anything and don't look great. I think Dyche made sense as an emergency appointment to avoid relegation but having a whole season in front of you with Dyche in charge must be depressing.

Casemiro was god awful off the ball, directly involved in the first two goals and has no urgency about him whatsoever.

United got beat too easily with the first goal and it summed up every other goal. They have this weird mid-block that doesn’t press aggressively at any point yet doesn’t drop deep to counteract that. Van de heck passes a ball through United’s attacking line to Welbeck who first passes to Grob, that’s the first line of defence taken out. Grob then plays it out to the wing as Welbeck drifts between the midfield and defence with Casemiro just watching. Welbeck receives a pass from Grob and plays it back out to the wing, now the second defensive line (midfield) is taken out. Then Brighton go wide, Welbeck drifts into the box (Casemiro still just watching him), the balls comes in and Welbeck essentially taps it in. United playing with no aggression and no organisation in defence. The following 2 goals follow similar patterns.

ETH needs Amrabat and quick because that midfield defensively has next to no gas in the tank whatsoever. On an attacking note it’s clear to see what they’re doing, play the ball wide, go left, feed Rashford, get the ball into the box and try and give Hoijlund a tap in. But someone needs to remind Rashford of that as he had a clear space to put a cross in to get United back in and he just went for goal instead. Lacking in discipline and organisation on both sides of the pitch.

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Sounds like something Mourinho would say.

I'll be surprised if he even gets close to lasting the season. Chelsea seem to have become unmanageable, even more-so than they always have been. Probably should have just kept Tuchel.

9 minutes ago, Stan said:

Well taken goal from Burnley but still not the best game.

Forest are a turd that needs flushing. At least teams like Stoke and Burnley had varying levels of success with their style of football, making their home grounds a fortress at times.

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

VAR check for handball, despite it being clearly on his chest. xD

Surprised VAR didn't fuck it up in all honesty.

It was his arm but it wasn't deliberate. Bad decision. 

• The topic was unpinned