talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

5 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Don't get me wrong, I know I'm going to come across all bitter but I'd be unsure what to make of this if I were a Liverpool fan. Remember this is the lad that demanded £50,000 a week from Chelsea after playing just a few minutes for the first team. If rumours are to believed he's quite a talented boy but his attitude may come into question. 

Already been shown in the Transfer Rumours thread that he never asked for those wages and the newspaper issued a public apology.

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

Don't get me wrong, I know I'm going to come across all bitter but I'd be unsure what to make of this if I were a Liverpool fan. Remember this is the lad that demanded £50,000 a week from Chelsea after playing just a few minutes for the first team. If rumours are to believed he's quite a talented boy but his attitude may come into question. 

He's going to be on less than £20k a week and the rumours saying he demanded £50k a week at Chelsea are false ...

IMG_2095.JPG

Arsenal fans could do with a bit of what Liverpool have done to theirs. Instead of Dalglish spending fortunes on Andy Carroll they could get George Graham back to spend fortunes on Troy Deeney. That will lower their expectations so they can enjoy 4th place again.

:ph34r:

• Upvote 1

so Liverpool is about to bid again for Salah. I heard the amount will be around 30 million but I think Roma won't sell their best player for less than 40. He's one of the top 3 wingers in the world right now.

16 minutes ago, Dalmore said:

so Liverpool is about to bid again for Salah. I heard the amount will be around 30 million but I think Roma won't sell their best player for less than 40. He's one of the top 3 wingers in the world right now.

Really? He's played well in Serie A but to say he's one of the top three in the world seems a bit excessive.

• Subscriber

I can't see the reason we're going for Salah when we really need a striker but the manager probably figures that an attacking midfield bears more fruit than a point man. It worked wonders in the first half of last season so why not i guess.

I think he's class. Really hope we get him because him and mane on either side of a striker would be gooood. We should pull out all the stops and thrown 60m at Lyon for Lacazette 

Lacazette 

Salah ------- Lallana ------- Mane 

Coutinho ----- Henderson 

That'd be sexual. And our bench would have Firmino, Sturridge, Can & Gini for backup to those positions. 

12 hours ago, Dalmore said:

Top 3? Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar, Robben, Sanchez, Hazard, Ribery, Dembele, Rues etc.... top 3 you say?

I doubt Klopp will use strikers, and instead prefer a false nine. It's a good setup when we have someone like Mane. 

As for Salah, his stats are definitely up there. My only issue is come the next AFCON, we will miss both him and Mane.

On a separate issue, seems we pulled the old trick of trying to renegotiate wages after a deal had been finalised with Van Dijk, leaving his reps infuriated. Now he is going to join City or Chelsea. Typical.

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, FOYM said:

I think he's class. Really hope we get him because him and mane on either side of a striker would be gooood. We should pull out all the stops and thrown 60m at Lyon for Lacazette 

Lacazette 

Salah ------- Lallana ------- Mane 

Coutinho ----- Henderson 

That'd be sexual. And our bench would have Firmino, Sturridge, Can & Gini for backup to those positions. 

Love these fantasy teams.

That team would be completely run over in the middle of the park - your defence is already shaky, having no protection and Coutinho playing there would be madness imo. 

• Upvote 1

I know haha, I only realised how fucked in the arse that midfield would be after posting it 😂

If we got a proper dm like Keita I think the midfield would be sturdier. 

Edited by FOYM

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He's played deeper in the midfield before, but we'd need Can or another defensive midfielder next to him for sure.

I'm not saying he hasn't, but that lineup posted just wouldn't work in bigger games. Yeah you need a proper defensive midfielder imo, Kante/Wanyama style. Great ball winners but also the ability to push on. Keita is a bit like that isn't he? So I assume that's why you're linked 

5 minutes ago, Storts said:

Surprised Lallana gets in over Firmino too. 

I think Lallana's better tbh. Firmino scores more though.

In all honesty I doubt we'll bench either of them for too many games. I imagine we do a 433 some games and maybe go back to the 442 diamond like we did at the end of the season against smaller teams that sit back.

Our Technical Director Michael Edwards looks like he might be catching some heat from our Board. With Ayre gone, Edwards got an internal promotion from being a recruitment analyst (he was instrumental in picking Sturridge, Coutinho, and Firmino) to take over the role of negotiating main transfers. John Henry had to personally be involved with the apology to Southampton - and Edwards is essentially now having his position reviewed because the transfer window hasn't even really opened and we've already cost ourselves our top target for the summer.

He might not directly get involved in transfers, but when Tony Barrett starts his stint with the club, he might have a lot of useful pieces of advice for the ones running the club. Whether they take his suggestions is a different matter altogether, but if they do then we definitely won't be seeing fuck ups like VVD.

4 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

He might not directly get involved in transfers, but when Tony Barrett starts his stint with the club, he might have a lot of useful pieces of advice for the ones running the club. Whether they take his suggestions is a different matter altogether, but if they do then we definitely won't be seeing fuck ups like VVD.

I'm not so sure. Our club's cozy relationship with so many sports journos seems to be a major part of what got us into this mess.

Fuck us leaking shit to the media all the time, it's embarrassing. Do what City do and just get it done. 

People can knock them all they want for over paying but at least they get their targets. 

We are a total disgrace when it comes to negotiations. 

2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Fuck us leaking shit to the media all the time, it's embarrassing. Do what City do and just get it done. 

People can knock them all they want for over paying but at least they get their targets. 

We are a total disgrace when it comes to negotiations. 

Our media leaks rarely ever work out to our advantage. Instead we learn we were interested in someone very good... and then we piss off the selling club and they move to a rival. Don't see how that's any benefit to the club or the fans, tbh... though it's probably good for shite sports journos getting clicks to their stories.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Our media leaks rarely ever work out to our advantage. Instead we learn we were interested in someone very good... and then we piss off the selling club and they move to a rival. Don't see how that's any benefit to the club or the fans, tbh... though it's probably good for shite sports journos getting clicks to their stories.

We have done it (yet again) with Salah. 

7m apart in negotiations and it looks like we will walk away. Absolute joke! 

Just pay what it takes to get the first choice targets and stop fucking around. 

We have a world class manager in Klopp and he must be thinking (after making a profit in sales for 3 transfer windows) .... "what the fuck have I joined here"?  

• The title was changed to Liverpool Discussion