talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/269167-liverpool-fc-complete-andy-robertson-signing

23 year old left back signs from Hull for £10m. Kevin Stewart also is sold to Hull for... some amount of money.

No idea if this is a good signing or not, but I don't know how he could be much worse (if worse at all) than Moreno. I suspect he'll be backup to Milner at the start of the season and it'll be up to him to displace him at leftback.

Considering how the market is it's actually quite a good price as well. 

Its basically a choice between spending insane amounts on a proven top-level performer (Walker), spending insane amounts on a very raw talent with massive potential (Mendy), or making a modest move for a solid, quality player who could develop a bit further into a top-level PL full-back. 

Fans will always want the flashy move but I can't fault Liverpool here. 

4 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

I know it was only a friendly, but I thought Andrew Robertson was really good.

On the other hand, Moreno in the first half was really atrocious. And this is not me having a go just for the sake of it.

No you are right. Moreno was his usual self and Robertson when he came on was quality. A significant upgrade. 

The thing with Sturridge is, he's a brilliant footballer and only a handful in the league can finish like he does. People just need to accept that he's a luxury and isn't going to be available every week for however long he is here.

It's not like two or three years ago where he was by far our best player after Suarez had left and we were so reliant on him. We have plenty of goals across the front four or five players now and it's a huge bonus when Sturridge is available. Great option off the bench or to come into the starting 11 in certain games.

2 hours ago, Cannabis said:

I was going to watch some of the Audi Cup but have been put off by the truly awful coverage from Paul Ince, Robbie Fowler and that blonde bint that's hosting. There's about as much football knowledge in that room as an expired mushroom, total whoppers each and every one of them.

We didn't score enough goals despite being amongst the highest scoring teams in the league xD

Ince mate, it was our defence that let us down. 

Its like he's been living in a hole and been called up to pundit because everyone else was on the sick. 

Knobhead. 

• The title was changed to Liverpool Discussion