talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

Manchester United could certainly get over 100k with a fairer pricing system, Liverpool not too far behind. Clubs like Arsenal, Spurs, Everton, Manchester City, Villa, Newcastle could all be getting over 60k with the right pricing. It's just not going to happen though. Maybe I'm underestimating how much tv has taken over and killed football now, but all those clubs have large fanbases with a large matchgoing faithful, which is different from twitters fans etc.

Make tickets £10.00 for anyone within 1 mile of the ground.

Edited by The Artful Dodger

2 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Maybe I'm underestimating how much tv has taken over and killed football now, but all those clubs have large fanbases with a large matchgoing faithful, which is different from twitters fans etc.

Sadly, I do think you're underestimating how much TV has taken over and killed football. Compare Inter Milan or AC Milan's Serie A attendances from the 1990s to now... or not even now, just 10 years ago and it's pretty similar to now. You see an almost packed San Siro to a noticeably not packed San Siro.

Having said that, I do think your plan of cheap tickets for people that live around the ground is a great idea. I'd maybe boost it to more than a mile, maybe include certain postcodes? But the local fans are the backbone of every club and it's shit to see how many local fans are priced out.

4 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Sadly, I do think you're underestimating how much TV has taken over and killed football. Compare Inter Milan or AC Milan's Serie A attendances from the 1990s to now... or not even now, just 10 years ago and it's pretty similar to now. You see an almost packed San Siro to a noticeably not packed San Siro.

Having said that, I do think your plan of cheap tickets for people that live around the ground is a great idea. I'd maybe boost it to more than a mile, maybe include certain postcodes? But the local fans are the backbone of every club and it's shit to see how many local fans are priced out.

I think that's a specifically Italian problem mate. Safety concerns and violence as well as a significantly reduced profile within Europe and a sustained economic decline have all played a part.

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

I think that's a specifically Italian problem mate. Safety concerns and violence as well as a significantly reduced profile within Europe and a sustained economic decline have all played a part.

Yeah but the San Siro being pretty empty all the time now, compared to what it used to be is a pretty good way of showing how TV's played a part in keeping people at home while ticket prices are expensive.

Was reading today that we could be lining up a loan move for Rhian Brewster in January.

Palace, Villa amongst those also interested mind. 

I wonder if you'll be keen to move him out? And if so, would it be better for him to go to the Championship or do you think he's better suited going straight on loan to a PL club?

4 hours ago, Lucas said:

Was reading today that we could be lining up a loan move for Rhian Brewster in January.

I wonder if you'll be keen to move him out? And if so, would it be better for him to go to the Championship or do you think he's better suited going straight on loan to a PL club?

There's a transfer rumour thread for this out there somewhere.

As someone else said in there I'd be keen to see him get a few 30 minute cameos for us in the lead up to January and use that to make a decision but if he does end up being loaned out, wherever he goes you'd be wanting to make sure he'd be starting most games and ideally playing for a manager known for his football and talent development. Palace and Villa don't really inspire on that front so maybe you guys would be a better option despite the championship level opposition.

7 hours ago, Lucas said:

Liverpool are willing to let him leave on loan in January by the sounds of it. They will just want guarantee of playing time

• Subscriber
29 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Sounding like Fabinho is likely to be out for upto six weeks. 

Brilliant.

Lets just hope its the lesser of the two but this is going to now cause problems when we play the last game of the CL group stages too and the December PL fixtures as well. He'll miss the Club WC but that can go to hell for all I care. I just hope we don't sustain anymore injuries.