talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

At least our young CB's are being trained daily with the first team, so they will be improving and understanding the style/system/tactics etc on a daily basis. Klopp has a very good record of blooding youngsters.

I mean, in the world of Football Manager you can just go out and buy who you want and sell who you don't want in the next window.

In the real world though that really isn't an option. 

I'm not going to bother going over the reasons we can't just sign ANYONE, because it's been done a thousand times already. Any dingbat can understand it, or they should do. 

23 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I mean, in the world of Football Manager you can just go out and buy who you want and sell who you don't want in the next window.

In the real world though that really isn't an option. 

I'm not going to bother going over the reasons we can't just sign ANYONE, because it's been done a thousand times already. Any dingbat can understand it, or they should do. 

Who are you actually talking to? Or are you just speaking out loud? 

I ask that, because nobody at all on here has done anything of the things you mentioned. Nobody is asking for just anybody, nobody is asking for a 100m spent on the best defender on earth. 

The simple fact of the matter is that we have precisely ZERO fit and available senior centre backs as of this moment. And for a club that are looking to retain the title and gave Champions League to contend with, it’s very silly to dismiss fans who are asking for re-enforcements. 

Nat Phillips was somebody the club were looking to send to the championship this season & Reece Willians was playing for Harrogate last season. They are playing now out of pure necessity, not because we had some long term play for either. Now, Reece Williams may have been in and around the cup games but that’s about it. Not wanting to see either playing huge games in the league and champions league isn’t a ridiculous mentality to have. 

And I’ll end by saying that if either young lads play well, I’ll give them the compliments they deserve. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Rick said:

Who are you actually talking to? Or are you just speaking out loud? 

I ask that, because nobody at all on here has done anything of the things you mentioned. Nobody is asking for just anybody, nobody is asking for a 100m spent on the best defender on earth. 

The simple fact of the matter is that we have precisely ZERO fit and available senior centre backs as of this moment. And for a club that are looking to retain the title and gave Champions League to contend with, it’s very silly to dismiss fans who are asking for re-enforcements. 

Nat Phillips was somebody the club were looking to send to the championship this season & Reece Willians was playing for Harrogate last season. They are playing now out of pure necessity, not because we had some long term play for either. Now, Reece Williams may have been in and around the cup games but that’s about it. Not wanting to see either playing huge games in the league and champions league isn’t a ridiculous mentality to have. 

And I’ll end by saying that if either young lads play well, I’ll give them the compliments they deserve. 

Was just talking in general so chill out ya fucking scatty cunt :rofl:

Was just saying it's not easy to find a player who will come in now, knowing we have excellent players coming back from injury. Its also not easy to persuade a club to sell a decent CB in Jan. Not to mention we will go over our foreign quota with a foreign signing. 

But hey, Rick knows best.

Honestly, if we don't sign a CB and win the league, I'm going to rub your face in it so much you'll need 6 face masks.

Edited by LFCMadLad

28 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Was just talking in general so chill out ya fucking scatty cunt :rofl:

Was just saying it's not easy to find a player who will come in now, knowing we have excellent players coming back from injury. Its also not easy to persuade a club to sell a decent CB in Jan. Not to mention we will go over our foreign quota with a foreign signing. 

But hey, Rick knows best.

Honestly, if we don't sign a CB and win the league, I'm going to rub your face in it so much you'll need 6 face masks.

Right.....so I was asking you because it wasn’t clear, knob. 

Again with this “but you know better than Klopp” shite. Why are you even part of a discussion board if you don’t want to have a discussion? 

Oh no what ever will I do if you rub us retaining the league title in my face 😏

9 minutes ago, Rick said:

Right.....so I was asking you because it wasn’t clear, knob. 

Again with this “but you know better than Klopp” shite. Why are you even part of a discussion board if you don’t want to have a discussion? 

Oh no what ever will I do if you rub us retaining the league title in my face 😏

I never said you know better than Klopp?

You do bang on though as if you have a clue. And yes, it's nearly always you! 

See how things pan out and stop fucking moaning all the time might be a good idea?

How about you two disagree without getting extra cunty to each other?

@LFCMadLad isn't too fussed if we don't sign a CB. @Rick (and myself) think that relying on a kid who was playing in Bundesliga 2 & another who wasn't even in the football league last season makes it incredibly unlikely we'll retain our title.

I think Klopp wants to sign someone, but we're not going to sign anyone in January due to availability and also the January price being higher. So it's unlikely we sign a CB until the Summer.

Which imo means it's incredibly unlikely we'll retain our title - I think people that still have us as favourites are mental tbh - but if I'm wrong and we win while relying on kids that don't look ready enough... you are free to rub it in my face MadLad. Trust me, I will be delighted for you (and for Nat Phillips and Rhys Williams) and delighted that we've won another title.

18 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I never said you know better than Klopp?

You do bang on though as if you have a clue. And yes, it's nearly always you! 

See how things pan out and stop fucking moaning all the time might be a good idea?

Haha don’t make me laugh, you’ve said it plenty on here. 

I may “bang on” about wanting a new defender, but at least I’ve been consistent, as I have done since before we got rid of Lovren.

Mate, I’ve got no choice but to “how things pan out”. But this is a Liverpool discussion on a football discussion board so I’ll see fit to comment on the topic at hand if that’s okay with you. 

Edited by Rick

1 hour ago, Rick said:

Haha don’t make me laugh, you’ve said it plenty on here. 

I may “bang on” about wanting a new defender, but at least I’ve been consistent, as I have done since before we got rid of Lovren.

Mate, I’ve got no choice but to “how things pan out”. But this is a Liverpool discussion on a football discussion board so I’ll see fit to comment on the topic at hand if that’s okay with you. 

Look, if you can stop stamping your feet for a minute ... I think everyone (including myself) have said we could do with a new CB at the moment due to circumstances. 

What some of us are saying however is that it's highly unlikely that anyone will be be signed in January, its highly unlikely that anyone will be signed during a pandemic, and its highly unlikely anyone will be signed when we have extremely talented CB's already at the club, just injured.

Some of us realise that it's not as simple as just scrolling through the transfer market option and picking the best CB to sign. Some of us realise that there is much much much much much more to consider.. such as the players we might want to sign, the players we already have, the clubs we want to sign players from, the foreign player rules ... etc etc etc etc etc ... it isn't just as simple as "AAARGGHHHHH WE NEED A FUCKING CB... GET ME ONE NOOOOOOOWWWWW", like some on here seem to think it is.

Players already at the club have contracts and you can't just rip them up when they suddenly become injured. Also, most good players don't want to join good clubs knowing they probably won't be first choice when injured players return to fitness. Clubs also don't want to sell their best CB's midway through a season. There is also the fact that we are at our limit of foreign players. 

The most likely outcome is that we make do with what we have for now. That means hoping our injured players return quickly and stay fit, hoping our versatile players can fill in where necessary, and hoping that our young players can be taught and develop quickly enough to give us a chance.

If that's not enough then fair enough... we can put it down to being very unlucky that we have suffered many injuries to players who occupy the same position. You can't plan for the shit luck we've had in that department. 

Screaming and shouting for a new player,  in every thread, after every game we drop points isn't the answer though... its not going to happen so get used to it for fuck sake. 

22 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Look, if you can stop stamping your feet for a minute ... I think everyone (including myself) have said we could do with a new CB at the moment due to circumstances. 

What some of us are saying however is that it's highly unlikely that anyone will be be signed in January, its highly unlikely that anyone will be signed during a pandemic, and its highly unlikely anyone will be signed when we have extremely talented CB's already at the club, just injured.

Some of us realise that it's not as simple as just scrolling through the transfer market option and picking the best CB to sign. Some of us realise that there is much much much much much more to consider.. such as the players we might want to sign, the players we already have, the clubs we want to sign players from, the foreign player rules ... etc etc etc etc etc ... it isn't just as simple as "AAARGGHHHHH WE NEED A FUCKING CB... GET ME ONE NOOOOOOOWWWWW", like some on here seem to think it is.

Players already at the club have contracts and you can't just rip them up when they suddenly become injured. Also, most good players don't want to join good clubs knowing they probably won't be first choice when injured players return to fitness. Clubs also don't want to sell their best CB's midway through a season. There is also the fact that we are at our limit of foreign players. 

The most likely outcome is that we make do with what we have for now. That means hoping our injured players return quickly and stay fit, hoping our versatile players can fill in where necessary, and hoping that our young players can be taught and develop quickly enough to give us a chance.

If that's not enough then fair enough... we can put it down to being very unlucky that we have suffered many injuries to players who occupy the same position. You can't plan for the shit luck we've had in that department. 

Screaming and shouting for a new player,  in every thread, after every game we drop points isn't the answer though... its not going to happen so get used to it for fuck sake. 

Literally nobody is stamping their feet and spitting the dummy out. We have managed to have civilised discussions about the current situation, and what plan and options the club may have to figure out how to fix it. Seemingly you’ve missed all of these. 

Oh and by the way, when the reason we are dropping points has a big part to do with missing key players in midfield because they are filling in at the back, then you’re going to see the same topics discussed. 

It’s clear we have different opinions on this, and we could probably have a good discussion but when every single one of your posts start with something along the lines of “I wish people would stop moaning” then any room for discussion disappears. 

Edited by Rick

27 minutes ago, Rick said:

Literally nobody is stamping their feet and spitting the dummy out. We have managed to have civilised discussions about the current situation, and what plan and options the club may have to figure out how to fix it. Seemingly you’ve missed all of these. 

Oh and by the way, when the reason we are dropping points has a big part to do with missing key players in midfield because they are filling in at the back, then you’re going to see the same topics discussed. 

It’s clear we have different opinions on this, and we could probably have a good discussion but when every single one of your posts start with something along the lines of “I wish people would stop moaning” then any room for discussion disappears. 

But you literally bring it up in every thread mate.I mean, we probably could have a decent discussion about it but it would be pointless as things stand mate. I think everyone would like us to sign a top CB regardless of who is already at the club, but unfortunately it doesn't work like that. Just as we wouldn't sign another top forward if all of jota, Mane, Salah and Firmino got injured at the same time. 

It just doesn't work like that mate. It's really bad luck to have so many injuries to so many players who play in the same position.. but just going out and buying another isn't the answer. 

Edited by LFCMadLad

3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I mean, we probably could have a decent discussion about it but it would be pointless as things stand mate. I think everyone would like us to sign a top CB regardless of who is already at the club, but unfortunately it doesn't work like that. Just as we wouldn't sign another top forward if all of Mane, Salah and Firmino got injured at the same time. 

It just doesn't work like that mate. It's really bad luck to have so many injuries to so many players who play in the same position.. but just going out and buying another isn't the answer. 

Stop telling me “it doesn’t work like that”. You’re putting words in my mouth. If you read earlier, I told Mike that I wouldn’t jeopardise summer business to sign somebody this window. And as far as forwards go, I’ve always maintained that we needed a better back up than Origi, and we got it in Jota. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rick said:

Stop telling me “it doesn’t work like that”. You’re putting words in my mouth. If you read earlier, I told Mike that I wouldn’t jeopardise summer business to sign somebody this window. And as far as forwards go, I’ve always maintained that we needed a better back up than Origi, and we got it in Jota. 

Well then let's stop banging on about signing a new CB and let's see what happens in the summer?!? 👍

Mad to think this is 10 years ago. His full season in charge didn't quite work out, despite the League Cup win. Our league form in the second half of the season was poor but he got us back on track after Hodgson and Hicks and Gillett

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Mad to think this is 10 years ago. His full season in charge didn't quite work out, despite the League Cup win. Our league form in the second half of the season was poor but he got us back on track after Hodgson and Hicks and Gillett

Love him.. absolute legend!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...