football forum

• Administrator

1200px-Premier_League_Logo.svg.png

all kick-offs 15.00 (BST)

Saturday 23rd September, 2023
Crystal Palace vs Fulham
Luton vs Wolves
Man City vs Nottm Forest

Brentford vs Everton, 17.30 (live on Sky)

Burnley vs Man Utd, 20.00 (live on TNT)

Sunday 24th September, 2023
Arsenal vs Tottenham, 14.00 (live on Sky)
Brighton vs Bournemouth, 14.00
Chelsea vs Aston Villa, 14.00
Liverpool vs West Ham, 14.00

Sheff Utd vs Newcastle, 16.30 (live on Sky)

Thoughts....

If Luton are to do anything in this league, this is the kind of game they have got to win. Home against a fellow struggler.

Wouldn't rule Burnley out of nicking a draw on a Saturday night at Turf Moor. Won't be easy for United coming off the back of Bayern and under pressure like they have been in front of the TV cameras.

Arsenal Spurs on paper, on current form too, looks an absolute classic and I hope it lives up to that billing.

I will say I am looking forward to Chelsea (a) more than I have since the 90's. When Villa were up for cups & talked of as being in title contention when they were topping the table in December's.

Just maybe, perhaps, Burnley get something. But it is Man United. No result would surprise me.

Arsenal vs Spurs is fascinating.

On 21/09/2023 at 09:03, Lucas said:

Wouldn't rule Burnley out of nicking a draw on a Saturday night at Turf Moor. Won't be easy for United coming off the back of Bayern and under pressure like they have been in front of the TV cameras.

I wouldn't count on it, unless the pressure really gets to them. They looked totally outclassed by Bayern Munich... and still scored 3 goals. European hangovers are typically more common when you see a side get a good win in Europe and then just shit themselves when they play someone they should probably beat domestically - I think they'll be keen to see Burnley as a place to get a feel good bounce-back result and performance.

Burnley have been pretty poor so far, I think even a sputtering United can get a result there no problem.

I'd love to be wrong though!

• Subscriber

Dyche drops Danjuma for Garner so we can play a centre mid on the right wing presumably. He was previously given the benefit of the doubt for playing Garner out of position because McNeil and Harrison were both unavailable but now he's doing it anyway.

He's been dealt a horrendous hand as Everton manager but he doesn't help himself sometimes. I don't see why one of Gueye/Doucoure/Onana can't be dropped for Garner because our midfield has been hump so far this season.

• Subscriber

Very surprised but happy with that. Luton (H) and Bournemouth (H) next to potentially kick-start our glorious campaign for 16th/17th.

I'll post in more detail tomorrow because I'm out drinking but under no illusions that if Brentford were full strength and/or turned up today we would not have run out winners.

• The topic was unpinned