talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 27 - 2-4th March, 2024

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Some miss that fucking hell

One of the worst ever considering the quality of player. 

Two great strikes but City should be 3-1 up before Foden scores.

Not sure what Ten Hag is complaining about, clear dive from Rashford, lucky not to get a yellow. Even then, game probably should have been stopped moments earlier to give Evans a yellow for timewasting.

Have to say, since we've entered 2024, Phil Foden is probably the best player in the World currently on form. Just unreal at the moment. And he's only going to get better.

Southgate should be absolutely laughing with him, Saka, Jude, Kane, Rice etc this Summer.

Edited by Lucas

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Southgate should be absolutely laughing with him, Saka, Jude, Kane, Rice etc this Summer.

It'll make pissing the Euros up the wall even more annoying with such generational talent. 

• Subscriber

Think City were allowed back into that game honestly. The good news is that Onana actually played a very good game considering how terrible he has been lately. 

• Administrator
41 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Think City were allowed back into that game honestly. The good news is that Onana actually played a very good game considering how terrible he has been lately. 

Yeah his distribution was quality and if Rashford had his head screwed on not just for his goal there's perhaps different outcomes before half time.

At what point is it seen as unacceptable. 15 league defeats?

11 at the moment, to me thats enough. He's should be gone by tomorrow but for some fucking crazy reason people seem obsessed with giving him to the end of the season.

Get a caretaker in, no point having him hang round any longer he's out of his depth.

Great goal from Rashford. And Foden, for me, continuing since the last World Cup, of having noticeably more individual end product to his exciting moments. Much more like a player that owns situations. Less of a shiny cog in a unique machine.

The problem for Foden with England is Southgate's front 6 is likely still a middle 3 of Phillips, Rice & Bellingham. Saka on the right. Kane up front. And 1 other on the left. And I can see Clare Balding sneaking in there. She's having a great season for Newcastle on the left. High work rate. Taking the penalties. 

Where can Foden fit in? He really has increased massively, to me, since the World Cup, when I just did not get the fuss about him. Against many sides I suspect Foden, Rice & Bellingham would be a very sufficient midfield 3. But I just can't quite see Southgate opting for it vs a France, a home Germany or whoever.

5 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Allowed back into the game? the whole game was played in United's box :4_joy: we was poor but United, Jesus! 2 shots the whole game lol, that was a proper shit house performance from them, the worse they have ever played at the Etihad, it's time for a new manager

• Subscriber

Luton have all the hallmarks of just falling short. They've given a very good account of themselves but they have that really unfortunate knack of playing well against the good sides but narrowly losing, and then flunking it in the games they're expected to actually do something. I mean they managed the seemingly impossible of losing at home to Burnley & Sheffield United.

Everton are just un-relegatable and Forest's luck knows no bounds either. I think even if Forest get docked some points they'll spawn their way out of it again. They're in trouble next year though.

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Allowed back into the game? the whole game was played in United's box :4_joy: we was poor but United, Jesus! 2 shots the whole game lol, that was a proper shit house performance from them, the worse they have ever played at the Etihad, it's time for a new manager

They went into defensive mode the whole time and basically allowed the ball to be played around them. Then the manager had the bright idea to take off the one player who was actually running past the halfway line. Had they developed some stones for a change and played attacking football I think they'd have gotten another goal. It's weird how teams think they are going to win against you'll by sitting back and absorbing pressure. 

I also think they were fishing for a draw once the first Foden goal went in because you saw zero drive from anyone to get the ball out properly. They'd either clear it or just play it into a space to be overturned. I can't believe I am saying this haha but they really lost the plot after the first goal went in and they could have pushed harder the way City were trying to overload the midfield and the wings. 

• Subscriber

Going to be remarkable seeing what method Southgate invents fudging having this squad at his disposal. Genuinely think England have a fantastic chance.

2 hours ago, Mel81x said:

They went into defensive mode the whole time and basically allowed the ball to be played around them. Then the manager had the bright idea to take off the one player who was actually running past the halfway line. Had they developed some stones for a change and played attacking football I think they'd have gotten another goal. It's weird how teams think they are going to win against you'll by sitting back and absorbing pressure. 

I also think they were fishing for a draw once the first Foden goal went in because you saw zero drive from anyone to get the ball out properly. They'd either clear it or just play it into a space to be overturned. I can't believe I am saying this haha but they really lost the plot after the first goal went in and they could have pushed harder the way City were trying to overload the midfield and the wings. 

Shocking tactics wasn't it, they parked the bus from the start against a team that has scored in every home game for the last 2 years, what was Hag thinking? as Rashford shown we can be got at on the counter so he would of been better trying to do that instead of 10men in the box and leaving just Rashford chasing the odd long ball when they got the odd touch, it's a derby ffs, even Luton shown more chest against us. fair enough they got smashed but better to go down fighting than playing like cowards in a derby, Hag needs to be sacked asap

• Upvote 1

• The topic was unpinned