talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

England 0-0 Slovenia - Tuesday 25th June, 2024

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Bringing their shitty football from one shitty city to the next shitty city. 

9 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

A question out of curiosity: A German paper are reporting Southgate had said England created plenty of chances in an interview after the match. Did he indeed?

You Germans have to understand that we have the utmost faith in our manager. He is a living legend and he always delivers!

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Just wait til you find out that there's a million better singers than Sabrina Carpenter, Dua Lipa, Taylor swift and the like, but they don't have wealthy parents and or aren't conventionally attractive. 

But this has no vocals.

Edited by Spike

• Subscriber
On 24/06/2024 at 17:46, Dan said:

He won't ditch 2 DMs. His comments on Phillips revealed everything.

I called it pre-tournament but he fucked up with the left back situation. Not having a proper left back totally nullifies our game plan regardless of who the front four are. Shaw is now apparently doubtful for the whole tournament. It feels more 2016 by the day.

Right on cue. That game couldn't have been more reminiscent of the 0-0 draw with Slovakia in 2016. Even the kit colours were the same. Fuck me even Slovenia's name is only two letters different.

We are abysmal. We've got such a nicely fallen draw and there is genuinely no buzz. Nobody believes. It's like death row.

I really think we could crash out to someone like Slovakia if it ends up being them. Would be good riddance for the tournament as well. Fuck England and France out of this tournament and let the entertainers take over.

10 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

To think there were people that were thinking this was England's cup to lose.   As per the players don't know how to play as a team,  they usually play for clubs loaded with world class players and top managers.   Without that and Gareth Southgate you have a recipe for mediocrity. 

It might still be. England got a ticket to the final with this draw. Won't meet Germany, France, Portugal or Spain until the final.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
28 minutes ago, Machado said:

It might still be. England got a ticket to the final with this draw. Won't meet Germany, France, Portugal or Spain until the final.

This right here might be why they get to the finals. The other side of the knockout bracket is loaded with teams that will get eliminated who have a much better operating midfield.

I think we have to look at things in context. Yes we wanted a win in this match against Slovenia(Especially myself). We wanted the players to press more and play more attacking football. However, in the end, it seemed like the teams priority was securing the top spot in the group, more so than winning.

We were very conservative in the 1st half, hence the reason we didn't create many chances. In the 2nd half, we did create and attack more, but in the end to no avail in terms of scoring. Nevertheless, we clinched the crucial point that secured our first place position in the group, a target that Southgate will assert, England have successfully achieved.

Moreover, we were up against a side with a world class goalkeeper in Oblak and a world class striker in Sesko and some very decent players in-between them. Elsnik their midfielder for example, has been excellent so far at these Euros. Slovenia, although a small country, have proven their qualities in this group and they have deservedly qualified. 

For England, Gallagher didn't have a great game for England against Slovenia and we looked much better in the 2nd half when Mainoo replaced him. Perhaps we should now start with Mainoo in the Round of 16, as he may well solve our issues in that position. All things considered, I expect us to get better as the tournament progresses. The knockout stages are different to the group matches and it will be do or die for England. So I expect England to improve and I hope that we are not let down.

Edited by Michael

• Subscriber

We have a great route to the final but I've no faith in us to take it, or win the final if we get there.

Would be an utter, utter travesty if we kept going through playing like this. I've never known a manager get such reward for such poor performance as Southgate. Luckiest manager in football.

• The title was changed to England 0-0 Slovenia - Tuesday 25th June, 2024
17 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

You mean like the English fans did let go the dodgy decision in their fgavour in 1966?

Germanys equaliser should of been disallowed in 1966 there was a handball in the build up. It's a bit of a daft comparison anyway. At the time a goal like that would of been allowed in any game as they couldn't tell at the time. Around 97% of the ball went over the line so it was almost impossible to tell. 

Lampards goal was clearly over and was a very bad error. 

3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Did you see them play? 

If an Englishman critizies them, nobody bats an eye. If a German does it, everyone loses their mind. 

Mate come on are you seriously saying you don't have a biased against England? It's fine if you do. I have a biased against Portugal,  Germany and France.  Lots of fans have teams they don't like 

Edited by Gunnersaurus

1 minute ago, Gunnersaurus said:

Mate come on are you seriously saying you don't have a biased against England? It's fine if you do. I have a biased against Portugal,  Germany and France.  Lost fans have teams they don't like 

Can't stretch this enough, being more distanced and critical towards a team's performance than this Team's supporters is completely normal and has nothing to do with being biased against a team. Same is true for malificient comments.

11 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Can't stretch this enough, being more distanced and critical towards a team's performance than this Team's supporters is completely normal and has nothing to do with being biased against a team. Same is true for malificient comments.

He's made loads of comments over the years. It's clear he's biased against England 

23 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

Mate come on are you seriously saying you don't have a biased against England? It's fine if you do. I have a biased against Portugal,  Germany and France.  Lots of fans have teams they don't like 

So you’re biased against his nation but him being biased against yours is ridiculous? How does that work? 😆

• Upvote 1