• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group G Matchday 1 - 18th June - Belgium 3-0 Panama, Tunisia 1-2 England

football forum

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Machado said:

Tunisia can play to be fair. England should have done better in the final third.

Still think they'll win this one.

Yes, they have a decent team.

A curious note, 7 players in their starting XI are french-born. France develop so much talent in their academies.

This is broad entertainment - when English play good football its a joy to watch, but when their technique goes wrong the banter on Twitter is just fantastic.

Raheem Sterling looks shite thus far.

Tunisia aren't a super power, let's not kid ourselves, but they're a decent side and very rugged defensively which is why for me England have played very well.  England have created countless chances and at this level it's the hardest thing to do.  Still... England have to win this game, England should be a couple of levels above Tunisia at this level and I want to congratulate Southgate for reading the game so well because everything positive from this game isn't individual prowess, it's tactical!

If there was facial contact, it was a penalty. Very careless from Walker to swing his arm around like that.

I like the look of that Dylan Bronn. He's dominating that right flank so far. Just looked him up and he's 22 playing in the Belgian league. Could be one to watch.

Lingard and Alli been pretty useless so far, would like to see Vardy come on for one of them.

Anytime Maguire touches the ball my arsehole clenches 

Tunisia are decent and we've played well, first 25 minutes could have scored 2-3. Other than the penalty they've not had anything going for them. Need to stop the poor passing from the back.

Sterling's been very poor. Lingard's been alright, except for the all important part of getting the ball to go in the back of the net. I think Walker's been alright at CB other than the stupid decision for that penalty.

It's a shame because one moment of idiocy is taking some shine off a decent performance. Although England have been truly wasteful, horrific finishing.

Keep it the same, just need these chances falling to Kane. Great game, initially didn't think it was a penalty but after a few views think it was, silly from Walker.

Maguire has been crap, given the ball away loads and it was that which gave England the jitters leading up to the penalty

1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Get fucked being controversial all the time ffs. Don't know why you're putting up this alter ago all of a sudden.

I'm sorry for telling you what the rules say.

I need to see it again, but it there was any facial contact then it counts as a foul.

Yeah, Maguire has been dominated by Dylan Bronn, who is lively on that right flank. He's not working as cover for Ashley Young.

I don't want to criticize VAR too much as they have done an excellent job with it so far, but England should have had a penalty shortly after Tunisia's goal.

• The title was changed to Group G Matchday 1 - 18th June - Belgium 3-0 Panama, Tunisia 1-2 England
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived