talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group G Matchday 1 - 18th June - Belgium 3-0 Panama, Tunisia 1-2 England

football forum

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Walker out of position. Been struggling to know how to operate especially on the ball from the off. Not a surprise he fucks up when covering their centre foward.

Maguire's world cup is surely over after this game. Out of his depth on the big stage so far.

I thought we were mistakenly slowing the game down before they scored. They can't cope with our movement. Keep the pressure on.

Worry is Tunisia can't be that bad defensively 2nd half. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

England have been very good but the BBC commentary and punditry is ridiculously biased.

What do you expect xD

• Administrator

Trippier has been quality. 

I don't think Maguire has been that bad as people are making out. Genuinely think people don't like him cos he's not from a top 6 and isn't a 'fashionable' name

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

England have been very good but the BBC commentary and punditry is ridiculously biased.

Keown is over the top.

It was embarassing when that lad got winded and they were making out that it's nothing and that is their tactic to stop England's momentum :dam:

I don't know if they've showed it at home but on Mexican TV you could see Kane and Maguire get bundled over in the area after the Tunisia penalty.

If you're going to give soft penalties, then fair enough, but at least be transparent for the next ten minutes.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Keep it the same, just need these chances falling to Kane. Great game, initially didn't think it was a penalty but after a few views think it was, silly from Walker.

Maguire has been crap, given the ball away loads and it was that which gave England the jitters leading up to the penalty

True. Walker had a bit of a brainfart turning when there was a player right near him as well though. 

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Trippier has been quality. 

I don't think Maguire has been that bad as people are making out. Genuinely think people don't like him cos he's not from a top 6 and isn't a 'fashionable' name

I think it's because he keeps giving the ball away stupidly, personally.

1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

They'll part the bus and try to grind this out.

Don't think they'll do that personally. They didn't do it in the first half. They like to keep possession if they can and are decent at it, but England played well.

Looks like Lineker heard us! xD

"We may be a little bit biased" 

The thing is that they're relating this to the penalty decisions (given and not given) and it's not just this.

Just talk the facts!  England are passing and moving very well with the players positioned perfectly for this game against Tunisia particularly. I think credit has to be given to the coach because they don't half get stick the England coaches.

• Administrator
Just now, Cannabis said:

Just admit a Leicester player isn't playing like the second coming of Christ xD like clockwork.

I agree. Just some people need to admit he's also not playing like Titus fucking Bramble as well. 

xD

I wouldn't even be thinking about attacking changes right now. I wouldn't focus on individuals in attack when as a collective the attack is working very well and on another day would be 3 up. 

The problem is that Maguire is having a stinker, Pickford is a little off with his kicking and Walker has no idea what to do.

1 minute ago, Harvsky said:

I wouldn't even be thinking about attacking changes right now. I wouldn't focus on individuals in attack when as a collective the attack is working very well and on another day would be 3 up. 

Not really working that well when all the chances are being wasted...

We'll eventually get the winner but we've been extremely wasteful in front of goal.

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

I agree. Just some people need to admit he's also not playing like Titus fucking Bramble as well. 

xD

He's been crap, this is what is so irritating about watching England is fans bringing their club allegiances into it. I love Maguire, came to the fore at Hull but he's been awful so far, hopefully he improves but I doubt he'll start the next one.

• The title was changed to Group G Matchday 1 - 18th June - Belgium 3-0 Panama, Tunisia 1-2 England
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived