talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Round of 16 - Sunday 1st July - Spain 1-1(p) Russia

football forum

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

England really do have a chance at the final here. Their biggest obstacle is their next. Colombia. The rest are up for grabs.

I think sideways is the best way to describe this game. An awful watch. Despite Russia sitting so deep there is just no need for this amount of sideways passing, be more adventurous, take a chance with a killer pass.

I's not often i'm dreading extra time, but this will be a boring 30 mins.

Just now, Machado said:

Colombia a bigger obstacle than Croacia?

I think they are about the same. I've not been overly impressed with either to be honest, despite having more wins than not.

England have dreadful memories of Croatia though (2008) so that could be an interesting clash. I think England's biggest rival though is themselves.

• Subscriber

I think Russia will probably crack in extra time to be honest. Spain cannot keep playing like that, surely? And I'd imagine Russia will tire.

1 minute ago, Harvsky said:

Spain refuse to take risks and the commentators call it being "patient"

I lost my patience about half an hour in.

Agreed. Hope the Russians do them on pens. 

Just realised spain are my last man standing pick, but fuck em.

5 minutes ago, Blue said:

England really do have a chance at the final here. Their biggest obstacle is their next. Colombia. The rest are up for grabs.

we really can't say that.        russia was beaten handsomely by uruguay and we all thought that russia will be a push over in this game, but look where we are now.   Extra Time ..... maybe going to penalty shoot-out ....

1 minute ago, bozziovai said:

we really can't say that.        russia was beaten handsomely by uruguay and we all thought that russia will be a push over in this game, but look where we are now.   Extra Time ..... maybe going to penalty shoot-out ....

I'm not saying the rest are pushovers. I think Croatia, Denmark and Sweden have something to say about that (and not to mention Spain), but England have a good chance. I've been quite impressed with them. The problem is that they have perhaps the toughest or second toughest team immediately.

I don't think England will struggle with second tier European teams to be honest. They beat them all the time. Colombia will be more interesting because they are a side they don't often face and while I don't think they are that good, England can always undo themselves.

1 minute ago, Kowabunga said:

I am liking this game much more than the previous games from Spain. Cerevral footy, control football, hear the lamentation of the TF365  women live. Hopefully a Sergio Ramos thug life moment.

:ph34r:

Russians stole your gold and will eliminate you from the World Cup. :ph34r: Heroes! xD

There's not much wrong with Spain except they're trying to play as if it's still 2010. Even though there's no David Villa. And apart from him Spain scored 3 in 7 even back then. No permutation as secure as Busquets-Xabi-Xavi . Teams far more used to winning with 25-30% possession

• The title was changed to Round of 16 - Sunday 1st July - Spain 1-1(p) Russia
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived