talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

World Cup Final - Sunday 15th July - France 4-2 Croatia (France win World Cup 2018)

football forum

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Spike said:

GOD I hope a PK doesn’t decide this match.

Harsh penalty, it was definitely a hand ball but for a jump it is a pretty natural hand position.

So if it's definitely a hand ball, why is it a harsh penalty? 

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Eco said:

I just said he's been their 2 or 3rd best player. If you think Mandzukic has been more effective than Perisic this tournament you are delusional. Maybe, just maybe Rakitic, but Perisic is closer to Modric this tournament than that Juve dick bag. 

I don't like the term "delusional" as its my opinion, but I did say several times that this tournament Perisic has been their second best. I just think in a different circumstance Mandzukic is a more important player like he has been at Juve and Bayern before that. 

In short, I would normally take Mandzukic and Rakitic for my team before Perisic, but this tournament has been an exception.

Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

If that is a pen then everything that hits your hand is a penalty.

Not really. In my opinion, Peresic moves his arm down unnaturally quickly towards the ball flight. That’s simply my interpretation and obviously the refs, along with several other on here. Some poster agree with you though. That’s my point about the problem with some VAR handball decisions.

Just now, Blue said:

I don't like the term "delusional" as its my opinion, but I did say several times that this tournament Perisic has been their second best. I just think in a different circumstance Mandzukic is a more important player like he has been at Juve and Bayern before that. 

In short, I would normally take Mandzukic and Rakitic for my team before Perisic, but this tournament has been an exception.

If your opinion is that Peru is the most talented team in the tournament, you are definitely delusional. 

Mandz has lived off of balls provided by Ivan. 

Just now, Eco said:

If your opinion is that Peru is the most talented team in the tournament, you are definitely delusional. 

Mandz has lived off of balls provided by Ivan. 

I didn't say that though

1 minute ago, Spike said:

That is the point, you nutter. It is supposed to happen that way. A good pass needs a good recipient 

No doubt, but not everyone can provide those passes...Perisic doesn't needs Mandz, but Mandz needs Ivan. 

1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

And again, this thread highlights the shortcomings of VAR. That penalty was decided by interpetatation. Poster on here are adamant it was a penalty, and others adamant it wasn’t. 

That's not a shortcoming of VAR, but a shortcoming for the rulebook which leaves so much wiggle room for interpretation, that any decision can be justified. The rulebook has been designed to be like that, because imcompetent and corrupt referees constantly made outrageous calls - even much worse than the ones we've seen in this match - WITHOUT VAR and they needed an EXCUSE.

1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

Not really. In my opinion, Peresic moves his arm down unnaturally quickly towards the ball flight. That’s simply my interpretation and obviously the refs, along with several other on here. Some poster agree with you though. That’s my point about the problem with some VAR handball decisions.

The only problem is stupidity. 

3 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Unless the cheating extends to how he dishes out cards in the seconds half as well, France should end up a man down.

Swings and roundabout. Vrsaljko should have been off before half time against England but didn’t receive a single booking.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

And again, this thread highlights the shortcomings of VAR. That penalty was decided by interpetatation. Posters on here are adamant it was a penalty, and others adamant it wasn’t. 

Not shortcomings of VAR, shortcomings of the rules of football. With or without extra replays people would still be arguing about it so it's nothing to do with VAR at all.

The problem is that not just posters on here but different referees would also interpret that as never a penalty while there are also others that would have given it too.

Either unclear rules or inconsistent application of rules that are clear are the issue, not VAR. It's the former of the two for me.

Just now, Eco said:

No doubt, but not everyone can provide those passes...Perisic doesn't needs Mandz, but Mandz needs Ivan. 

I really don’t think so. Mandzukic is a world class target man, as Persic is a winger. They only make each other better, take one away and they’ve lost something 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Spike said:

Because it touched his hand makes it a handball but not every handball is a penalty...

I reckon he's moved his hand down to block the ball. For me it's a penalty. :)

He's blocked it intentionally to stop it going across goal. 

Archived