talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

• Subscriber

Wyatt Earp with Kevin Costner & Dennis Quaid (1994), seen this film a few times before but I do love westerns and it was on the box.

I would give this a 7/10, but it would never beat a good Clint Eastwood western. :D  

Edited by CaaC - John

Watched the new Halloween movie. Thought it was meh with few good moments. Also, in what seemed like a good star cast, the girl who plays Jamie Lee Curtis' granddaughter sticks out like a bad apple with her constant pouty lips and overacting. I know @Cicero is a fan. What did you think of the movie?

Also watched In the mouth of madness. The acting and direction felt looney at times, though the movie somewhat salvaged itself at the end. 

2 hours ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Watched the new Halloween movie. Thought it was meh with few good moments. Also, in what seemed like a good star cast, the girl who plays Jamie Lee Curtis' granddaughter sticks out like a bad apple with her constant pouty lips and overacting. I know @Cicero is a fan. What did you think of the movie?

Also watched In the mouth of madness. The acting and direction felt looney at times, though the movie somewhat salvaged itself at the end. 

https://talkfootball365.com/topic/8-last-movie-you-watched/?do=findComment&comment=218567

On 07/11/2018 at 19:40, Cicero said:

Nice to know I wasn't the only one pissed off with the granddaughter. As for your other points

I thought the doctor was fascinated with Michael. How anyone can keep quiet for so many years, he kept saying. He wanted to understand what drove him. It's just pure academic curiousity for him. He most probably set him free after the bus accident. 

I also thought they showed Michael's face a lot, especially during the toilet scene with the Brit documentary makers. That was stupid after that brilliant opening shot where they do not show his face. It worked because they didn't. 

The ending was daft after that super shot of him being trapped in the flames. That only means that we are going to get more sequels. Considering how well this one did financially, you can bet there would be minimum two more. Which is disappointing cause they built up the tension between Jamie Lee Curtis and Michael so well, that Curtis burning him alive would have been an apt end. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

A Star is Born - 7/10 Bradley Cooper was the standout for me, Gaga will get the plaudits and alot of it she deserves she was only awkward in parts and overall was fairly convincing. But Cooper was something else probably the best I've seen him other then Silver Linings. The story is kind of whatever nothing ground breaking.. I mean its been remade 3 times this is the 4th attempt going back to the 30's. Depressing ending which you can see coming the entire time, worth watching for the performances of the two if nothing else and the music was good albeit not my genre I still enjoyed it.

10 hours ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Nice to know I wasn't the only one pissed off with the granddaughter. As for your other points

Hide contents

I thought the doctor was fascinated with Michael. How anyone can keep quiet for so many years, he kept saying. He wanted to understand what drove him. It's just pure academic curiousity for him. He most probably set him free after the bus accident. 

I also thought they showed Michael's face a lot, especially during the toilet scene with the Brit documentary makers. That was stupid after that brilliant opening shot where they do not show his face. It worked because they didn't. 

The ending was daft after that super shot of him being trapped in the flames. That only means that we are going to get more sequels. Considering how well this one did financially, you can bet there would be minimum two more. Which is disappointing cause they built up the tension between Jamie Lee Curtis and Michael so well, that Curtis burning him alive would have been an apt end. 

I can't get over that moment. So good. There is just something so powerful and remarkable about that shot being an avid Halloween fan. 

Another thing that bugged me, was Laurie at the end. She just drives away? She should know, more than anyone, that you can't kill the boogeyman. 

On 13/11/2018 at 12:40, Toinho said:

Father Figures 

7/10

I like Owen Wilson even though he essentially has one type of character. Was somehow an entertaining yet fairly predictable movie. 

Watched this one as well. Had some good laughs in it. Decent to waste a few hours.

'Coco'

8/10

'Blade Runner 2049'

The time passes by you, while you're watching this one. However, I felt it was a bit 'empty'. Could have been more.

7/10

'The Post'

7/10

'Vera Cruz'

Has Gary Cooper, so automatically the movie gets extra points.

8.5/10

On 20/11/2018 at 14:08, IgnisExcubitor said:

Watched Fantastic Beasts Crimes of Grindelwald. Apart from the final reveal, which basically sets up the next one nicely, the rest of the movie was bang average. 

That's a nice concept to make 5 movies out of nothing.

I only watched the first one.

Edited by Faithcore

On 20/11/2018 at 18:51, Cannabis said:

I turned the first one off, honestly about 2/10. 

14 hours ago, Faithcore said:

That's a nice concept to make 5 movies out of nothing.

I only watched the first one.

Yep, it is trying to the gain from the Harry Potter. The first wasn't a great movie, but it was a decent watch. 

Watched... 

'The Predator' Think they are clearly running out of ideas for this now... 6/10

'The Happytime Murders' An interesting experiment I suppose, not for @True Blue though, far to immature and childish.. made me smile a couple of times in places and had an interesting plot believe it or not... overall only to be watched just out of curiosity really... 5/10

'Peppermint' Female revenge action film.. nothing we have not seen before a hundred times, not bad though.. 7/10

'Outlaw King' Odd seeing Chris Pine in that role and not sure he could pull it off but it was a decent watch, pretty gory in some places.. 7.5/10

'The Little Stranger' Actually enjoyed this Mystery Thriller set in post war Warwickshire, bit on the slow side in places but still enough to keep you hooked until the end.. 8/10

Edited by Bluewolf
  • Haha 1

• Subscriber

After reading this below I think I will have to watch Bruce Willis in the first Die Hard AGAIN, this quote did make me laugh.

“I’m up there on the roof,” Willis would later tell Entertainment Weekly, “they’re strapping the firehose around my waist and they’re slathering me up with this stuff and I said, ‘What’s this for?’ And they said, ‘That’s so you don’t catch on fire. See those big plastic bags of gasoline over there? We’re gonna blow them up when you jump!”

Up to this point in his professional life, the hairiest endeavour undertaken by Willis had been exchanging zinging one-liners with Cybill Shepherd on Moonlighting. The series was a spicy update of the Tracy/Hepburn school of “will they/won’t they?” romantic comedy. Now here he was, strapped to a firehose, surrounded by jury-rigged incendiaries.

“When I jumped, the force of the explosion blew me out to the very edge of the air bag I was supposed to land on,” he recalled.

“And when I landed everyone came running over to me, and I thought they were going to say, ‘Great job! Attaboy!’ And what they were doing is seeing if I’m alive because I almost missed the bag. Finally, I was like, ‘Why would you shoot this scene first?’ And they were like, ‘If you were killed at the end of the movie, it would cost us a lot more money to reshoot the whole thing with another actor"

Die Hard at 30: How the every-dude action movie defied expectations and turned Bruce Willis into a star

Ed Power      4 hrs ago

On 2 November 1987, Bruce Willis, having just dashed from the set of hit TV romcom Moonlighting, found himself gazing down from the roof of a five-storey parking garage on the Westside of Los Angeles.

It was his first night shooting his new movie. He was about to make a literal leap into the unknown, jumping into the crisp LA night as a ripple of explosions lit up the dark behind him.

The film, of course, was Die Hard. John McTiernan’s valentine to every-dude grit, pump-action one-liners, and blood-stained vests would achieve more or less immediate recognition as one of the greatest action movies ever made. When it had its inaugural British screening at London Film Festival a little over a year later, on 27 November 1988, it reduced a room of cineastes to “oohs” and “aahs” of suspense, and whoops of excitement.

On the 30th anniversary of its UK premiere, Die Hard’s genius is indisputable. Its innovation was to take a straightforward premise – criminals hijack a skyscraper (the still under construction Fox Plaza standing in for fictional Nakatomi tower) only for a lone-wolf cop to take them down one by one – and commit to it entirely.

Along the way, Die Hard gave us one of the all-time great cinematic villains in Alan Rickman’s German terrorist Hans Gruber – the alpha and omega of the Hollywood Euro-baddie. And there was a readily identifiable hero in Willis’s stubbled-and-fed-up John McClane.

(More vv)

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/movies/die-hard-at-30-how-the-every-dude-action-movie-defied-expectations-and-turned-bruce-willis-into-a-star/ar-BBQ6rMt?li=BBoPJKU

'Justice League'

Better than I thought it would be.

6/10

'The Big Sick'

7/10

'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri'

A decent movie, but nothing special.

7/10

'Black Panther'

Awful. One of the worst Marvel movies.

2/10

'Star Wars: Episode VIII'

2/10

'3:10 to Yuma (1957)'

8/10

'Spider-man: Homecoming'

7/10

'Django'

Awesome. Franco Nero nails the role perfectly.

9/10

'Despicable Me 3'

6/10

'Kongens Nei (The king's choice)'

7/10

'Clueless'

8/10