talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tennis

football forum

• Subscriber

I was listening to Kyrgios and Nadal on 5 Live on my way home from work. Even without the TV pictures, he sounded like a proper arse. Good on Nadal for not rising to it too much!

• Administrator

Kyrgios has admitted to aiming and hitting the ball directly at Nadal. 

It's the equivalent of someone perhaps targeting a player in football cynically fouling him given the opportunity.

Everyone seems to be loving the 'honesty' part of Kyrgios words & actions but for me he's an embarrassment for the sport. Childish and pathetic. 

• Subscriber
49 minutes ago, Stan said:

Kyrgios has admitted to aiming and hitting the ball directly at Nadal. 

It's the equivalent of someone perhaps targeting a player in football cynically fouling him given the opportunity.

Everyone seems to be loving the 'honesty' part of Kyrgios words & actions but for me he's an embarrassment for the sport. Childish and pathetic. 

Players aim for their opponents on net points all the time because it's the hardest volley to make. He's just saying it that way to make himself sound like a hardman and a maverick but he's actually just a huge cunt.

An absolute chav who probably spent his entire time at school screaming "BuT I dIdN't EvEn Do AnyFiNg" every time he got in trouble for spitting or stealing a juice box from the canteen or whatever other wannabe hardman actions he got up to.

What's the problem with hitting the ball at your opponent? I don't get it, he's there to win points. Rafa getting pissy about it is the only weird thing. Reporters asking if he's gonna apologise is bizarre. 

• Upvote 1

Didn't think I would stay very interested in tennis since Murray quit the singles but I'm absolutely loving watching him and Williams so far. 

Williams is just unreal. I regret not watching her more in the past because some of the shots she's pulling off are jaw-dropping. 

I don't think I've laughed so much watching a game because it's just ridiculous at points. 

Edited by Inverted

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Didn't think I would stay very interested in tennis since Murray quit the singles but I'm absolutely loving watching him and Williams so far. 

Williams is just unreal. I regret not watching her more in the past because some of the shots she's pulling off are jaw-dropping. 

I don't think I've laughed so much watching a game because it's just ridiculous at points. 

Exactly the same in terms of the bold bits! It's more out of awe than anything.

Maybe other doubles games in the past have flattered to deceive; Williams is just demolishing these with her return. Apparently Martin's one of the best servers in the doubles game aswell. She's taking the piss xD 

Some decent rallies though when they get going.

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Really enjoyed the match, and as far as I understand, Murray is going to attempt a return in singles later in the year as well.

Serena was on fire in that match. Doubles is always good fun but without the big names it isn't quite the same in terms of atmosphere and interest.

I have realised in the past couple of years that my dip in the amount of tennis I watch shows I'm more of an Andy Murray fan than a tennis fan.

• Administrator
22 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Federer and Nadal in the Semi. Fuck yes... Talk about Semi. :$

Can't believe it's first time they've played since 11 years ago. Madness. 

Watched the re-run and final stages of that final in 2008 on BBC 2 earlier. What a game. They looked so young!

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

At least two more sets in this Djokovic match so the bulk of Roger and Rafa's match will be after 5pm.

I'm hoping that too. Don't finish work til 4.30pm so would be perfect for the match to start then.