Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

football forum

If money was no object, what club would you buy?

Bolton, because no fanbase deserves to go through that shit.

• Upvote 2

Maybe coventry, maybe Bolton, maybe Cessna.

If I could go back 5 years in time, Parma

Everton. 

And I'm offering Klopp, VVD and Salah very generous pay packages and I'm buying world wide exclusive rights to all music by Gerry and the dicklickers (not to use it, just to never let anyone else use it ever again)

Let's see who's a special club now then...

Am I Saudi Prince level of wealthy in this scenario?

If so I think I'd buy Ajax. I'd try to build them up into a European powerhouse and elevate the Dutch league. And great City to live in.

Or I'd buy Real Madrid and Barca and sell all their players for cheap and rebuild both as clubs that only fills it's first team with former academy players.

4 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Everton. 

And I'm offering Klopp, VVD and Salah very generous pay packages and I'm buying world wide exclusive rights to all music by Gerry and the dicklickers (not to use it, just to never let anyone else use it ever again)

Let's see who's a special club now then...

Liverpool still would be

• Upvote 2

football forum

Buy? 

I'd start a club. I'd choose my league wisely though. I wouldn't touch the English pyramid for example but I'd go MLS or Peruvian league.

Well I like them, it'd easily be Parma. 

I'd first build them a new stadium that abides by UEFA regulations. I'd then put money into the youth academy and start to improve from the bottom up. I'd build around the stadium so that it has places for more of a family atmosphere on one side, and a more wild a crazy on the other. I'd focus my attention on making sure the fans had a say, and that the community felt that this was their team. 

SC Freiburg, and keep doing what they're doing, just improve their facilities and possibilities even more. The club deserves it. They should be a role model for many other clubs. 

8 minutes ago, Tommy said:

SC Freiburg, and keep doing what they're doing, just improve their facilities and possibilities even more. The club deserves it. They should be a role model for many other clubs. 

Look at Atalanta and Sassuolo in Italy. They are doing the exact same. 

Southend United FC, never been higher than the 1st division which they are in now, we lived in Southend-on-Sea on and off for a number of years and lived just behind their stadium Roots Hall, they were formed in the Blue Boar pub in 1906 and that pub was one of our haunts when going for a pint.   

Parma.

It's the first Italian club I associated with because it's so close to my real family name xD

I'd get them back to the top of Serie A and give a massive fuck you to Juve on the way. 

tenor.gif

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Stan said:

Parma.

It's the first Italian club I associated with because it's so close to my real family name xD

I'd get them back to the top of Serie A and give a massive fuck you to Juve on the way. 

tenor.gif

Parmadeshvasethiputan ?

5 minutes ago, Azeem said:

Parmadeshvasethiputan ?

Too short.

51 minutes ago, Stan said:

Parma.

tenor.gif

I knew I liked you for a reason

Forza Parma!

• Haha 1

Arsenal obviously. Make them great again by not cashing in my dividends and running it like a fan based football club minus the elections obviously.

Manchester United.

That's a potentially dominant club being held back by appalling owners who use the club as a marketing tool. You could make them successful in no time.

6 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Arsenal obviously. Make them great again by not cashing in my dividends and running it like a fan based football club minus the elections obviously.

" Not including the club you support" :coffee:

Probably someone like Sevilla.

9 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I thought he did a Brian at first but then realised Barca is probably his actual club.

• Wow 1

59 minutes ago, Azeem said:

Parmadeshvasethiputan ?

He isnt south Indian 

Liverpool, for obvious reasons. Tranmere too since I'm a Wirral lad.

Nottingham Forest or Leeds, for fun reasons.

Edited by Dr. Gonzo

52 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Why not. We’re a special case and required. :(

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Lugo... Make them great!

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Stan said:

I thought he did a Brian at first but then realised Barca is probably his actual club.

HAHA... You can’t buy Barça as they’re owned by the fans and have an elected president and board.

3 hours ago, CaaC - John said:

Southend United FC, never been higher than the 1st division which they are in now, we lived in Southend-on-Sea on and off for a number of years and lived just behind their stadium Roots Hall, they were formed in the Blue Boar pub in 1906 and that pub was one of our haunts when going for a pint.   

They were in the Championship in about 07-08 for a year or two. 

2 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

They were in the Championship in about 07-08 for a year or two. 

Aye, you are right, I moved back to Scotland in 1996 and lost track a bit but I always nowadays keep track (or try) of their matches, I enjoyed living down there and as we lived right behind Roots Hall stadium and you could always here a roar from the supporters on match day at home if they scored, bit like where I now live here in Scotland right behind Hibernians Easter Road when they are playing at home and score.  

If any club I would love to buy here in Scotland It would be Edinburgh City or Livingston, local teams really.

I'll go with Blue, I'll make my own club in my home town Sargodha FC