talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Southampton 0-9 Leicester - Friday 25th October, 2019

football forum

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just don't get the team selection. Southampton have a shit squad but they can put out betters teams than they do.

Everyone says Hasenhuttl uses this shape because he doesn't have good centre backs. That's just backwards logic to me - "I can't rely on my CBs, so I'll put more of them on the pitch". 

If you're shit at defending then just play to your strengths and attack. You're getting beat 9-0 at home what the fuck can go worse. Southampton just look like a team that leans into their weaknesses. 

• Subscriber

I did think when we went both 0-1 up and they got a red card in the same incident (which I think's bizarre actually and didn't think it would be allowed) that this had the makings of an absolute mauling - Southampton are shocking at the back and have been for a long time.

What actually panned out though was beyond anything you could ever imagine. There are logical hammerings but that just defies any of it. That's nothing short of completely extraordinary. That really is one of those 'I was there' nights.

This club is just something else. Honestly. It'll never ever make total sense xD

• Subscriber

Christ I've not had a feeling like this since we won the league. I've driven back from the game, been up about 20 hours and just have no intention of going to bed. Pure adrenaline. Got back in and watched the highlights and just couldn't stop a beaming smile on my face, I was laughing my head off by the end.

This team really is starting to not only live up to, but actually exceed it's billing. That's nothing short of extraordinary no matter what the circumstances - hardly anybody is capable doing that.

Every one of those players deserve huge credit. They looked an absolute different class. Some of the best football I can remember seeing us play. It was so controlled, just quality all over.

But you've got to have a few words on Southampton. I saw big flaws in them pre-match, hence my confidence, but their decline is actually quite sad to see. This is a club very similar to us in my eyes, size wise, fuck me even their ground's basically ours in red, once home of plenty of players who've gone on to be huge names in the modern game while they serve crap like that up. Where did it all go so wrong at Southampton?

This should be an eye opener to us that we can not ever take our foot off the gas as a club - Southampton were legitmately better than us not that long ago. That is comparable to us producing a 0-9 loss to Norwich in three years time. That's the level of insanity around that result.

The Premier League record win matched in a game you wouldn't have batted an eyelid at us drawing. It's different to Man City 8-0 Watford or Man Utd 9-0 Ipswich - they're expecting beatings taken to an extreme. This should never, ever be ending something like that. It's beyond any common sense.

Fuck me. I am buzzing. We're going to do something special this season. I can't pinpoint what, but we are.

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Ralph Rabbit Hutch won’t see Monday morning. He’ll be sacked before then and you can’t really have any complaints. 

I don't see how he survives that. How do you possibly come back from that?

I wonder if this has Allardyce's name on it.

51 minutes ago, Dan said:

I don't see how he survives that. How do you possibly come back from that?

I wonder if this has Allardyce's name on it.

Nah, they’re typically far more progressive than that. Pochettino, Pellegrino and Hassenhuttl prove that. Hughes was a terrible appointment. Can’t see them wanting Allardyce. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived