talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Apology

football forum

Good morning, my name is Brian (or Grizzly21) and if you have me on Facebook you all saw my status (albeit it was in Spanish) how it would be my last personal problems post on social media bla bla bla.

I want to translate that on here. While I try to have a strong stance and I know a lot of people here like me, I still feel the necessity to make up for my actions. Sure, it's a cringy sympathy thread but at the end of the day it's what I feel would be a good idea.

First off, I'd like to address my problems with staff. Sure we've had disagreements but I don't mean any malicious intent and I try to respect all your decisions (at least nowadays). However, while I feel I'm on a good path, I do want to apologize for the trouble and bad look I may have given you in the past (by this I mean having to feel like you are babysitting, etc). It's wrong of me to have to stand up so much against you and I'll try to keep any disagreements I have in PM's.

Secondly, the members. Like I said, I *feel* I get along with most people on here, something that couldn't be said back in 2014. But I still want to apologize if I've ever been manipulative. It's something I want to stray away from and making myself the victim (for example) does not help situations for either me or the person I'm arguing with. I realize I had kind of a rough start on the forum (I'm talking back in 2017) but there are still some issues I'd like to fix.

So yeah, I'm apologizing to everyone on here that I've manipulated or consistently attacked with little notice. This is something I always frown upon but yet I do it a lot. I can acknowledge this and it's time for a change. Please though, when reading this, keep in mind I am working on things and there is always the odd slip up. If I call you a fuckwit here and there it probably means I let it slip or was frustrated. We'll cross that bridge when we get there (if we get there) but the point is I'm trying to work on myself. At least on this forum, it's to stop manipulating and twisting things out of proportion. 

Yes, I know this thread is corny and can be adjectivally seen as a "sympathy" thread, but I promise I'm not baiting but rather being apologetic. Yes, even to my enemies. You know who you are. There's a few.

Love you all. This is a great community.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey man,

We've all been dickheads to one another at some point in our internet careers. Anyone that knew me when I first joined TFF knew me as the biggest argumentative bellend they'd met. I'd argue with everyone and anyone that had a different view from me. Doesn't matter what the subject was, if I thought I knew better I'd argue it to the death. I'm sure the same goes for quite a lot of other people too.

We all live and learn, just gotta keep growing everyday and realise where we went wrong. You don't need to apologise because at the end of the day... it's only words on an internet forum.

These days if someone starts up an argument with me or starts calling me shit I just ignore them because I'm past all that shit. I've been there, done it and got the t-shirt.

Focus on yourself and everything will be all good.

• Administrator

You live and you learn.

You seem to have a lot going on outside of this place and football in general. Your travelling and adventures especially & your future plans. In no position to tell you what to focus on in your own life as that's purely a decision that comes from yourself but that seems to be going quite well for you...

But you can leave the negative past in that place and continue to look forward. I've always advocated that what you do away from TF365 and what happens in your personal life is number one priority and posts/presence on a football forum are way down the pecking order.

There's always lessons to learn from mistakes we make. Maybe time away can do you good to focus on your own mind! 

• Subscriber

@Grizzly21

Hey man, you are only 21 years old, when I was your age we had no internet relating to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc, if we had problems we would sit down and talk our problems out with our family and friends, I can remember once when I was around 16 I had an issue with a bird that dropped me (I was trying to get my leg over and she did not want any of it :whistling:), so I sat down with my old man and had a natter.

Cutting a long story short he tried to give me fatherly advice until I told him to piss off and I legged it out of the door quick smart with him chasing me and was going to ring my neck for telling him to piss off (and an old bastard too boot).

Anyway, I am 70 years old and survived the ups and downs in life and I am still here, I have not been in TF365 as long as a lot of others but in my time (over a year now) I have saw the arguments and then the funny side of things and this site just keeps rolling along, just think when you are my age and I am up there in the clouds with my old man and others you can say "I remember that old bastard John in TR365, I wonder if he is having a good old piss up with his old man up there in the clouds?", to right I will be buddy :drunk:

Love & Peace to @Grizzly21 and @Teso dos Bichos

giphy.gif

I appreciate all the support.

6 hours ago, Stan said:

There's always lessons to learn from mistakes we make. Maybe time away can do you good to focus on your own mind! 

I already took some time away! This came as a result of an apology video I saw on Youtube, and it reminded me what a jerk and control freak I had become. Something I had been working on to stray away from for a while. However, it did make me feel bad and in the need of apologizing to certain people.

This won't change my style of posting but I WILL try to change my argumentative habits. Eg: not letting them get unnecessarily heated and with insults.

@Grizzly21 it's clear you are a nice guy. I've actually been a bit mean to you lately. Which isn't like me. For that I am sorry. 

You've been very honest about you asperges. And forum members should be more understanding of that and understand that you maybe do see some things slightly differently. Maybe sometimes you see some things as a little black and white at times. But your passion for football can never be questioned.

57 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

You've been very honest about you asperges. And forum members should be more understanding of that and understand that you maybe do see some things slightly differently. Maybe sometimes you see some things as a little black and white at times. But your passion for football can never be questioned.

No. I don't want to be treated differently. I hate my condition and wish I was normal. I can get others not understanding my way of thinking but I don't want people to hold back with their opinions just because I'm autistic. That for me is just as bad as being discriminatory towards me. 

• Subscriber

Avoid getting into petty arguments and insults, it's too grown up a site in general for that to wash, people will end up respecting you more for it and listen to what you say. You've clearly got a passion for the game

22 hours ago, Rab said:

Hey man,

We've all been dickheads to one another at some point in our internet careers. Anyone that knew me when I first joined TFF knew me as the biggest argumentative bellend they'd met. I'd argue with everyone and anyone that had a different view from me. Doesn't matter what the subject was, if I thought I knew better I'd argue it to the death. I'm sure the same goes for quite a lot of other people too.

We all live and learn, just gotta keep growing everyday and realise where we went wrong. You don't need to apologise because at the end of the day... it's only words on an internet forum.

These days if someone starts up an argument with me or starts calling me shit I just ignore them because I'm past all that shit. I've been there, done it and got the t-shirt.

Focus on yourself and everything will be all good.

Any pics?

• Subscriber

The thing to do @Grizzly21 is if it looks like someone is looking for an argument with you just ignore, don't fall for the trap and keep the argument going on and if someone keeps baiting you and uses insults then I am sure the Admin/Mods will see this and tell the person in question to zip their lip, I am too long in the tooth to fall for the trap of a continuous argument, ignore any remarks is my policy and just carry on as normal. 

4 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

The thing to do @Grizzly21 is if it looks like someone is looking for an argument with you just ignore, don't fall for the trap and keep the argument going on and if someone keeps baiting you and uses insults then I am sure the Admin/Mods will see this and tell the person in question to zip their lip, I am too long in the tooth to fall for the trap of a continuous argument, ignore any remarks is my policy and just carry on as normal. 

There is really only one member who insults on here, and he takes advantage of the situation. It is saddening to see. However, I still wanted to apologize to everyone else as I feel I could behave better.

On 10/11/2019 at 06:26, Tommy said:

That didn't age well.... in two days :35_thinking:

I still don't understand wtf happened with Brian over the weekend. I saw I was tagged in a ton of posts by him, but I got on after he'd deleted his account so it was notifications saying that " _ has tagged you in a post" or whatever the fuck the notification says... but with no username. 

And I hunted around to see if I could see the posts where his decision to leave was made... couldn't find anything anywhere.

But I thought this post was fucking weird. And then a few days later he's just gone. Strange as fuck.

Archived