talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Newcastle United Discussion

football forum

On 09/10/2021 at 13:19, Gunnersauraus said:

Isnt the malaga owner one of the richest in the world? They dont invest. I doubt that will happen with newcastle though. Normally these state owned clubs do invest heavily 

I have heard Qatar is looking at Arsenal to get involved. Odd there has been not a word about Qatars human rights record ? And the deaths making their World Cup stadiums. Just like there wouldn't have been a word from the press if the Saudis had taken over Man U

1 hour ago, Phil Kennedy said:

I have heard Qatar is looking at Arsenal to get involved. Odd there has been not a word about Qatars human rights record ? And the deaths making their World Cup stadiums. Just like there wouldn't have been a word from the press if the Saudis had taken over Man U

I'm pretty certain Qatar's human rights record has been discussed loads of times

I think they just need to get it done  now and sack bruce. Its seems abit cruel to wait around like this. 

I think rodgers would be a good choice. He may only be able to get them so far but he could build the foundations for someone else to take them to the level they want to be at if he cant do it 

30 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Not as many times as you thinking English referees are totally amazing :ph34r:

I don't think they are totally amazing I think there are good and bad ones. I just think it's a harder job than  what a lot of people make out 

Regarding Steve Bruce ... I saw a quote of his where he mentioned he was glad his parents weren't around to see the abuse he has been getting from fans of the club he supported as a child and I felt a bit sorry for him. 

That said, he knew exactly what he was walking in to, his loyalty record is downright appalling and he turned down the chance to manage Newcastle on multiple occasions whilst his parents were still alive.

I'd be interested to know if Mike Ashley looked after him with his contract and if he would get a sizeable pay off. From what Andy Woodman has said it was drinks all round when you get sacked by Newcastle as they paid up all of what's left on your contract.

As a follower of Chelsea I am intrigued at the potential prospect of Frank Lampard going there. Not sure he would accept even if offered yet personally think he would.

Going for him would be getting Chelsea to 4th in his first season without any signings and working with the wider squad players.

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

Regarding Steve Bruce ... I saw a quote of his where he mentioned he was glad his parents weren't around to see the abuse he has been getting from fans of the club he supported as a child and I felt a bit sorry for him. 

That said, he knew exactly what he was walking in to, his loyalty record is downright appalling and he turned down the chance to manage Newcastle on multiple occasions whilst his parents were still alive.

I'd be interested to know if Mike Ashley looked after him with his contract and if he would get a sizeable pay off. From what Andy Woodman has said it was drinks all round when you get sacked by Newcastle as they paid up all of what's left on your contract.

£8m to sack him I read somewhere. 

When fans chant to get out of the club only money could possess you to stay

Everybody hates Newcastle now... well at least the league clubs do, Seems as though Everton, Tottenham and Man United are being the most vocal about it from the reports I am reading although all the clubs in the league have chucked in their ten pence worth at some point.. They are talking about the Human Rights angle but also their real concern is that this puts more pressure on losing out on possible CL places.. 

I think it's a bit early in the day to be worrying about that, It would take Newcastle at least 2 or 3 seasons before they could be considered to be good enough to be competing at that level and breaking in the top 6 even if they could get all the players they wanted... 

2 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Everybody hates Newcastle now... well at least the league clubs do, Seems as though Everton, Tottenham and Man United are being the most vocal about it from the reports I am reading although all the clubs in the league have chucked in their ten pence worth at some point.. They are talking about the Human Rights angle but also their real concern is that this puts more pressure on losing out on possible CL places.. 

I think it's a bit early in the day to be worrying about that, It would take Newcastle at least 2 or 3 seasons before they could be considered to be good enough to be competing at that level and breaking in the top 6 even if they could get all the players they wanted... 

I hope they get relegated and have to try to build into being Man City from the championship.

7 hours ago, Stan said:

Rodgers to be found sawed up and in pieces in various parts of Leicester soon?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

The thought of Manchester United, Liverpool, Manchester City, Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur in discussions with the other 13 clubs about 'concerns for the the Premier League brand' after the stunt they tried pulling is rather hysterical to me.

I thought Chelsea didn't have any objections?

I think it's stupid their concern was mostly over the new competition instead of taking the stance of: "hey we might all be a bunch of billionaire dickheads, but we're not responsible for rampant human rights violations" (although City taking that stance would be funny as fuck).. . which maybe would have gained more traction. Instead it looks like "we're billionaire dickheads and we're scared of this richer billionaire dickhead."

6 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I thought Chelsea didn't have any objections?

I think it's stupid their concern was mostly over the new competition instead of taking the stance of: "hey we might all be a bunch of billionaire dickheads, but we're not responsible for rampant human rights violations" (although City taking that stance would be funny as fuck).. . which maybe would have gained more traction. Instead it looks like "we're billionaire dickheads and we're scared of this richer billionaire dickhead."

As far as I am aware they don't... The reports are saying that once the takeover was complete the league clubs held a meeting where Newcastle were not invited so they could discuss their concerns and some clubs are shouting louder than others, Liverpool, Man Cheaty and ourselves are not being billed as the most critical of the situation although I am sure they made the same background noises as the backbenchers do in Government when that cake eating clown Boris tries to silence the opposition with his oven ready meal speeches... 

It's notable that the clubs making the most noise ( according to reports at least ) are the clubs that are capable of getting a CL spot.. Arsenal are obviously being quiet about it because there is nothing in it for them is there.. 

7 hours ago, The Premier Steve's said:

The report I read said that on the call some of the smaller clubs didnt care and were laughing at the big clubs. With one calling them out as only complaining because they don't want the competition.

The Insect was on a Palace podcast this week where he took an open approach and suggested such.

To me, the fundamental issue is that getting CL has become too important. 

Ideally, there would be a group of clubs challenging for top-4 every season, and it becomes normal to occasionally miss-out and bounce back in.

But the thing is that the importance of the CL has shifted from being at least partly a matter of prestige and attractiveness to being purely financial in its importance. The self-reinforcing effect of getting to the Group Stage is just too powerful. Planning for many clubs is so dependent on the CL money that to hold onto it is no big feat, but to lose it has a huge impact.

I actually think that qualifying for the CL has went from being a positive aspiration to a negative one, in how the involved clubs view it. It's not really thought of as something you achieve, but rather something you miss-out on.

• Upvote 1

I love how these new owners have came in and tried to do everything gracefully so far, only for Steve Bruce in his press conference asking for journalists to be getting slapped by their bosses 😂 

The man wears his heart firmly on his sleeve, you have to say that much. I think him in charge for the Spurs game is purely for some good press for the owners. Letting him manage his 1000th game before his cushy pay off (8m is mental btw) is a good PR move from them.